Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glee: Season 5

Eh?
    vCash

Glee: Season 5

From the end of the Season 4 thread:

Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    Someone else can start a new thread.

The premier was okay. "Yesterday" was very, very poignant. And even though Blaine and Kurt getting married is undoubtedly ridiculous, I have to say I was impressed by Blaine's actual proposal.

I thought Ryder was gonna quit Glee Club. Why is he still here?

Oh man, I hate humiliation humour and I hope this storyline with Mr. Figgins is over--stat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentedButHumble View Post
    Since I started following Glee again this summer (after two years) I've been influenced by anti-Blaine-&-Darren web posts. So I wish Kurt's life wasn' t dominated by him.
    And even if I didn't find an overbearing 17 y.o.'s proposal blah, RealLife took me out of those scenes. First Burt wishing he'd had more time with his wife; then Lea/Rachel being in frame during Blaine's speech.
    But luved, luved, luved [pun!] her in the diner scenes. Can ya tell I'm mainly here for the Lea? And some Chris.
    The only newbie that's remotely interesting is Kitty, altho Puckerman the Sequel is kinda cute/ a good dancer. But really, NYC people, NYC. That's your stars. (Tho thank lawd they got them out of that dark apt. and dance studio.)
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    Everyone told Rachel and Finn they were too young to be engaged but it was okay for Blaine and Kurt who had only reconciled a few days before?

Mercedes was there only to pat Kurt's back as he walked into Dalton?

They need to give Tina a real storyline, she is an original cast member whose background story is still unknown

Now that they are engaged, do we meet Blaine's parents?

Missed Finn not being there to see his stepbrother get engaged

not happy how Sue became principal, would rather they wrote Figgins out, even in world of Glee, too farfetched for the principal to be demoted to janitor
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    The show should have addressed Cory's death in the first episode or at least mentioned why he wasn't at the engagement of his brother.

I will miss seeing Mr Shu. I fast forward through anything that's not Rachel or Santana. I will try to catch the rest of the cast in the rest of their careers.

It's too bad-the show really could have lasted forever but Ryan Murphy got lazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebetty View Post
    I've never been a die hard fan, but quit watching last year all together. I plan on watching the tribute show for Cory and just happened to watch last night. That principle thing was horrible. Loved Lea and the Yesterday song and also the diner part with Santana.
    Like manhn, I thought that "Yesterday" was poignant. Wow. And I, too, am not a fan of what they did to Figgins.

I'm very interested to see how they handle Finn's death in Episode 3.

Eh?
    vCash
    Oh yes, Adam Lambert will be on in Episode 4. His character's name: Starchild.

vCash
    I hated every second of the premiere. I think that I might be done with the show.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    I'm pretty much only watching for the music, and to see Finn's goodbye. After that I dunno.

Strange how everyone can have a complete reversal in opinion when it comes to teen marriage. Oh wait, I forgot this is GLEE...a show as bipolar as any show can be. One week they're tackling domestic abuse and bullying, and the next week they're presenting Sue's illegal, immoral and insensitive abuse and bullying as a joke. Yeah, this show can't decide if it wants to be a satire or a drama.

vCash
    Can't get excited about Kurt and Blaine's engagement. Teenagers are too young to get married, whether they're gay or straight. Public marriage proposals make me cringe no matter who is doing it.

vCash
    ^^^
    And yet, teens DO marry.
    Some of those marriages work.

For many of our parents, it would have been "unusual" to marry later.

vCash
    At least since 1890, the median age of marriage has not been as a teenager for either men or women. So, no, it would not have been 'unusual' to wait until 22-24.

vCash
    Did anyone else think Marly looked preggers? She has so blown up that I didn't realize who it was at first.
    Daddy is Rider in real life I guess. No wonder they got engaged.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Latte View Post
    Did anyone else think Marly looked preggers? She has so blown up that I didn't realize who it was at first.
    No, I didn't catch that. Are they going to write it into the show?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniferlyon View Post
    No, I didn't catch that. Are they going to write it into the show?
    Doubt it would be written into show, probably someone would make a comment about her weight gain after having an eating disorder last year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    I'm pretty much only watching for the music, and to see Finn's goodbye. After that I dunno.

Strange how everyone can have a complete reversal in opinion when it comes to teen marriage. Oh wait, I forgot this is GLEE...a show as bipolar as any show can be. One week they're tackling domestic abuse and bullying, and the next week they're presenting Sue's illegal, immoral and insensitive abuse and bullying as a joke. Yeah, this show can't decide if it wants to be a satire or a drama.
    I think Glee is a comedy, at least when they apply for awards its classified as comedy. Glee is on its fifth year now, the "this show is so bipolar" comment is SO 3 years ago j/k. I still like most of the characters including the newbies, and the musical performances are still very well produced.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    I think Glee is a comedy, at least when they apply for awards its classified as comedy. Glee is on its fifth year now, the "this show is so bipolar" comment is SO 3 years ago j/k. I still like most of the characters including the newbies, and the musical performances are still very well produced.
    Me too. And a lot of shows these days aren't just strictly one or the other. House was funny and dramatic. And there are always touching moments on Modern family. The New Michael j Fox show was funny and almost made me cry at one point. Glee has always been poignant, touching and funny since Day one. It has always had drama and satire. It has however, lost some of it's darker and dirtier edge since Ryan Murphy decided to pander to the young audience. And true it is a little less funny. but it hasn't changed that much really in tone.

The actress who play Marley didn't balloon at all. She has always worn baggy clothes as is her character. She was recently at an event looking svelte as always.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Latte View Post
    She didn't look pregnant. I don't think they would write another teen pregnancy into the show. If she were pregnant in real life you would have for sure seen and heard about it by now.

vCash
    Just the preview for next week's show made me cry, gonna need tons of tissues next week. #goodbyeFinn

vCash
    Loved the yeast infection commercial. I actually like Demi Levato.

What I hate--Sam's hair.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    What I hate--Sam's hair.
    Oh, I love long hair!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Blergh
    vCash
    I just saw the promo and I really don't think I can watch the Finn goodbye. I didn't think it'd affect me so much and despite my feelings about the show, I can't deny that it has had some sort of impact on me. Watching Cory Monteith all these years (as a newcomer to tv show regular)...I don't know if I could handle it.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

Eh?
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    Just the preview for next week's show made me cry, gonna need tons of tissues next week. #goodbyeFinn
    Yep.

vCash
    Nice to see Tina gets some story lines even if it's another coming back from humiliation plot. Sue Sylvester is also a caricature but who cares because Jane Lynch can still deliver those one liners, but the cake has to go to Santana's commercial "I like yeast in my bagel, but not in my muffins!"

I died.

Already teared up a little watching that promo, and the song list is

Spoiler

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    You can be sure I'll be watching this one alone. I see an "ugly cry" in my future.
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast