Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    No it still gets judge I believed. This year in order to lower the number of competitors skaters needed to have met a minimum score to enter. I blieve she did not meet that required score, so they have a "No Points" category. I think they offered that in all levels, but I can't access the site to check exactly.

vCash
    Watched the jr pairs event - not a very strong field this morning though Purich/Arcieri did land a triple toe/double toe combo. No sr. pairs skated. I was very disappointed!

vCash
    This is probably the voidiest thing ever seen at a ladies skating event in Canada. Unsurprisingly she's not Canadian What is it with the Swiss and random cat programs? I love the outfit, complete with rhinestoned claw marks

Save for that, the rest of the Senior ladies free was uninspiring to say the least.

vCash
    It seemed as if most of the Senior ladies wore red costumes, even the lady who skated to Rhapsody in Blue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by triple_toe View Post
    This is probably the voidiest thing ever seen at a ladies skating event in Canada. Unsurprisingly she's not Canadian What is it with the Swiss and random cat programs? I love the outfit, complete with rhinestoned claw marks
    I love the meows at the beginning!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I love the meows at the beginning!
    The meows at the beginning and the end were the only thing I found remotely voidy about the program, and had nothing to do with her skating.

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    It seemed as if most of the Senior ladies wore red costumes, even the lady who skated to Rhapsody in Blue.
    The Canadian Champion Amelie Lacoste I didn't like the arrangement she's skating to, twinkly piano for such glorious music

I'm glad to see Marianne Samson recovering from her injury, but it'll take her some time to get her form and consistency back. Her warm up was hot and cold. She landed beautiful loops, salchows and flutzes, but fell and popped a lot. Haven't seen the protocols yet, but I don't remember her doing an axel jump. she doubled both salchow attempts in the program and I think she replaced what would've been the 2axel with a 3sal at the end. rookie mistake, but better here and now than later

Loved Ian Martinez' new pan flute LP. so much charisma and character!

vCash
    Myriane landed just one triple, a 3lo. She fell on a 3 flutz attempt and URrd a 3S. She didn't do a 2A at all. I noticed that her right knee was bandaged, so it seems she hasn't completely recovered from her injury.

Amelie landed a 3z 3-jump combo and a 3f. That's quite an accomplishment for her. But she ran out of gas in the second half of her FS, putting a hand down on a 3S, falling on a downgraded 3lo, doubling a second salchow, and singling the final axel. I thought 95.12 was quite generous for this FS.

vCash
    Watching Amelie was the usual exercise in frustration. She landed her lutz and flip, and I thought, "Oh good, she's got her toe jumps back and she should skate well". Then halfway through the program she fell on a jump, lost her confidence, and did doubles and singles after that. Arghhhh. The girl's better than this. She would be quite a successful skater if she could ever find the confidence to actually do in competition what she apparently can do, based on the parts we see when she IS skating with confidence.

I liked the fact that Charles Dion tried a triple axel in the short program. For me he's one of the most memorable skaters here. Perhaps it's just the glasses, which make him stand out.

The ice dance programs were entertaining overall.
    Last edited by geoskate; 08-13-2012 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Toe jumps, not edge jumps

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by triple_toe View Post
    This is probably the voidiest thing ever seen at a ladies skating event in Canada....
    OMG ! The kitten has exactly the same "voice" than one onf mine (Theo)

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Senior singles winners' videos:

Ian Martinez SP (58.50): http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/24614836
    Ian Martinez FS (123.94): http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/24636639
    Vanessa Grenier SP (46.60): http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/24612560
    Amélie Lacoste FS (95.12): http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/24638505

ETA Senior FD of Hurtado/Diaz of Spain (3rd place? their score is not listed on the official results page): http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/24635741

Official results/detailed protocols: http://www.patinage.qc.ca/doc/result..._ETE_2012.html
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-13-2012 at 04:38 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Those of you who were able to attend - any idea why Dube/Wolfe did not compete?

vCash
    Amelie is blonde!

Nice lutz and flip in the beginning, too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Amelie is blonde!

Nice lutz and flip in the beginning, too.
    She is blonde!

I spent most of her program trying to figure out if the pink stuff on her back is part of her costume....

vCash
    Amelie - wow, I could barely recognise her! from a distance she looks like Joannie . the programme disappointed me - it's almost a carbon copy of her Evita's free. but at least she wore red, skating to Rhapsody in Blue - points for being upstream .

Myriane - why oh why Lucia Micarelli's horrid Queen rendition? the jumps don't look too secure, but her 3lo at the beginning had a solid quality,

geoskate, thanks for mentioning Dion - skater actually skating in glasses! how cool is that!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12