View Poll Results: Who is the weakest link among these past champions

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lu Chen

    90 30.30%
  • Michelle Kwan

    18 6.06%
  • Irina Slutskaya

    25 8.42%
  • Shizuka Arakawa

    116 39.06%
  • Mao Asada

    35 11.78%
  • Yuna Kim

    13 4.38%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 181 to 195 of 195
  1. #181
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Jani-Ayil
    Posts
    3,313
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    What's all this criticism on Irina for showing privately how she really felt.
    Go back and read the thread.

    She isn't being criticized for what she did privately. She's being criticized for what she did in public, including, in some instances, inside the arena itself.

  2. #182

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    859
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Go back and read the thread.

    She isn't being criticized for what she did privately. She's being criticized for what she did in public, including, in some instances, inside the arena itself.
    I guess we have a different definition. I consider off the ice and KnC would be her private time. These days with cameras everywhere, people on mobile/twitter, there doesn't appear to be any privacy anymore, but it doesn't mean it shouldn't exist in theory. In anycase, I still don't think it is anything unsports man like. She is just being angry to herself. I seem to recall she and Michelle remained good friends. Maybe they relate to each other with the ups and downs they went through.

  3. #183
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    256
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Another example: Plushenko doubled his flip in Torino!
    Really? I just got a chill. lol

  4. #184
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Jani-Ayil
    Posts
    3,313
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    I guess we have a different definition. I consider off the ice and KnC would be her private time. These days with cameras everywhere, people on mobile/twitter, there doesn't appear to be any privacy anymore, but it doesn't mean it shouldn't exist in theory.
    Unsportsmanlike wherever there are other athletes, coaches, officials, or the like is not, and should not be considered private, regardless of whether the general public is also privy to the event. In Slutskaya's case, some of the instances were reportedly in full-view of the audience or in media interviews, so your point about "private time" is moot in any event.

  5. #185
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,770
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post

    Another example: Plushenko doubled his flip in Torino!
    And left it out completely in Vancouver. If he had subbed his 2a with a 3f instead, it may have helped him edge Lysacek...

  6. #186
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    22
    Posts
    12,933
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Butz View Post
    And left it out completely in Vancouver. If he had subbed his 2a with a 3f instead, it may have helped him edge Lysacek...
    Plushenko skated stupid as heck in Vancouver. I wish he had lost before the Olympics, I think he needed a wake up call. I wasnt rooting for either Plushenko or Lysacek to win in Vancouver, but Plushenko would have been the lesser of the two evils.

  7. #187
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,125
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Butz View Post
    And left it out completely in Vancouver. If he had subbed his 2a with a 3f instead, it may have helped him edge Lysacek....
    Or he might have stumbled. Either way the result might have been less ... contentious.

  8. #188
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    22
    Posts
    12,933
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafke View Post
    Or he might have stumbled. Either way the result might have been less ... contentious.
    They should have just given three silver medals or three bronze medals anyway. Nobody deserved the gold. Takahashi was the only great skater that night, but had glaring mistakes, but was still way underscored compared to Plushenko and Lysacek. Takahashi cant beat subpar Plushenko or quadless boring Evan with one fall, and in fact loses by over 10 points, but good Takahashi cant beat Chan with 3 or 4 falls. No wonder almost nobody over here watches figure skating anymore.

  9. #189
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,865
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    so... we've gone from Lepisto attempting a flutz, to the history of flips at the Olys, to Evan's quadless victory... is there any more proof needed that 5 days is still too long for the next round in these polls?

  10. #190
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    22
    Posts
    12,933
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    so... we've gone from Lepisto attempting a flutz, to the history of flips at the Olys, to Evan's quadless victory... is there any more proof needed that 5 days is still too long for the next round in these polls?
    The polls go on way too long. It was evident 4 days ago Shizuka was gone, Chen would survive.

  11. #191
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,932
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Yeah, make the polls only 3 days long.

  12. #192
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,843
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    If Plushy just did a three jump combo in Vancouver, he would have won gold. His cockiness combined with his watered downed content (even in the footwork sequences and his spins) really hurt him in Vancouver.

  13. #193

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,890
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    19045
    Quote Originally Posted by Plusdinfo View Post
    I'm not chiming in to pass judgment in any direction, but to point out a fact: Terry Gannon said on the ABC video that was linked: "And Michelle Kwan backstage... we tried to get her for an interview, she has declined..."
    It is a fact that Terry said that, but not a fact that she declined an interview, because she gave one to Lesley Visser a few minutes later. She may have declined to give one at the moment they first asked her, maybe because she was busy doing other things, but when she was ready, she gave the requested interview.

  14. #194
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,770
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pollyanna View Post
    It is a fact that Terry said that, but not a fact that she declined an interview, because she gave one to Lesley Visser a few minutes later. She may have declined to give one at the moment they first asked her, maybe because she was busy doing other things, but when she was ready, she gave the requested interview.
    Right. The interview happened, so the "delayed" would be the appropriate word. Not declined.

  15. #195

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Infected with the joy of skating!!
    Posts
    10,390
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    7460
    But isn't it pretty standard for the team to be interviewed together? I seem to recall that set up after other Nationals.

    So unless Terry Gannon is a liar / mistaken, she declined to be on camera with Tara and Nicole while Leslie interviewed them. I got the impression that was what she declined.

    It looks like her interview with Leslie was subsequent to the interview with Tara and Nicole. In that interview, Michelle still seems to be very emotional, so I think that group interview was declined because she didn't feel physically able to keep it together?
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •