Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Have there been swim offs?

Either way- from what I can tell, that is the standard documented procedure for a tie in swimming. It is a huge issue that there wasn't one for track. The athletes weren't prepared for it- it isn't a possibility of the training regime that they might have to run again (although it will be now...)

I don't know what she expects them to do, as a run off is the clear way to solve it (or tie goes to the higher world ranking, or something like that). But I can understand being pissed, and feeling bullied, about having to do something that isn't documented as part of the rules.

I think at least three swim-offs this olympic trials.

I'm struggling to understand why it is so difficult for her to run one more 100 m. race. This just isn't the kind of mental toughness I'd expect from an Olympic-bound athlete.

Are their training regimens that limited?

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    I think at least three swim-offs this olympic trials.

I'm struggling to understand why it is so difficult for her to run one more 100 m. race. This just isn't the kind of mental toughness I'd expect from an Olympic-bound athlete.

Are their training regimens that limited?
    Esp. since time won't really matter. They could walk the 100 meters.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Tarmoh gives up Olympic spot in 100 to Felix

I really don't get this. Felix probably would've beaten her but at least give it a shot! I wonder if she'll even be on the relay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    Tarmoh gives up Olympic spot in 100 to Felix

I really don't get this. Felix probably would've beaten her but at least give it a shot! I wonder if she'll even be on the relay.
    Yeah, the situation all around is pretty awkward for everyone, and I feel bad for Tarmoh, but don't just give up! If anything, Felix should have stepped aside since she's already going to London in the 200. Spread the wealth.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Yeah, the situation all around is pretty awkward for everyone, and I feel bad for Tarmoh, but don't just give up! If anything, Felix should have stepped aside since she's already going to London in the 200. Spread the wealth.
    Neither should've conceded. Tarmoh should've fought for that spot, even if she lost. Instead she quit because I don't know why. She never really gave a good reason for why she didn't want to to the run-off.

vCash
    I'd love the be a fly on the wall and know what went on behind the scenes.

vCash
    Tarmoh's agent says it was NBC Sports/Nike vs. Tarmoh.

Meanwhile the photo finish judge says he would call it the same way (although it appears he's the one who initially grabbed officials to let them know it was so close).

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukia View Post
    Meanwhile the photo finish judge says he would call it the same way (although it appears he's the one who initially grabbed officials to let them know it was so close).
    It's interesting that he was the one who flagged himself in that call. You can't argue with the man's integrity that's for sure.

vCash
    I think all this drama is almost more than what the run-off would bring...

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    It's petulant bad sportsmanship for Tarmoh, it seems to me. "I actually had it so I'm going to cut off my nose to spite my face now by losing any chance I have to make it."

Also, she knows Felix well, as a training mate, and maybe she had a feeling she was going to lose this.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    Wow. I never would've guessed this. Any other athlete would've fought with everything he had for a spot. It makes me wonder if she has the competitive heart to be an Olympian or even a fighters spirit
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Tarmoh is going to regret this the rest of her life.

vCash
    Jeneba sounds like a bit of a flake--if a little run-off was throwning her off and she needed "peace", she was going to totally fall apart at the Olympics.

Loved Felix's response--she didn't want it handed to her, she wanted to RUN. That's someone you want on your team anyway.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    Jeneba sounds like a bit of a flake--if a little run-off was throwning her off and she needed "peace", she was going to totally fall apart at the Olympics.

Loved Felix's response--she didn't want it handed to her, she wanted to RUN. That's someone you want on your team anyway.
    Exactly. I just saw Tarmoh's interview. She couldn't handle it. The other ladies that finished 5-8 at trials would've done anything to be in her shoes. Tomorrow isn't promised. That might have been the only individual Olympic medal she ever got a chance to compete for and she said no.....I am still shocked.

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Yeah, the interview was not impressive.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    Her interview:
    http://www.nbcolympics.com/news-blog...ntext=team-usa

You read so many stories about the sacrifices and training these athletes go through in order to make the Olympic team and when someone just concedes the chance like this it's almost incomprehensible.

At the end of the day though, she has to live with whatever decision she makes. She's obviously at peace with it and I wish her luck in the relay.

vCash
    Kind of a fragile flower.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    I hope she doesn't screw up the relay.

vCash
    I wonder if she will still feel "at peace" with her decision after the Olympics?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast