Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    How many middle aged women find husbands who are not in failing marriages or in the process of divorce? Married men are about all the good ones left by her age.
    So it's a free for all out there?
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    What I find most interesting is he looks a lot like David. She definitely has a type

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Neither you or I know exactly what went on in either situation, so why bother to point this out?
    It does seem kind of odd, especially if it happens twice. I suppose it happens all the time that marriages are on the brink of breaking down and one partner falls for another person, precipitating the end of the marriage.

It just seems really emotionally messy to me, especially if a person has children. I did date a few married men over the years, one who had left his wife (temporarily it turned out) but these were not situations where their leaving their wife was a possibility, nor did I want it to be.

Plus there's that rebound thing. Something I'd prefer to avoid.

Though granted, I'm over 50 and shudder when I look back on some of the relationship decisions I made in my 20s and 30s.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DickButtonFan View Post
    What I find most interesting is he looks a lot like David. She definitely has a type
    I totally thought that, too! So uncanny

vCash
    How many middle aged women find husbands who are not in failing marriages or in the process of divorce? Married men are about all the good ones left by her age.
    I just had to ask when 35 became middle age? (I am 35 and I do not feel middle age )

vCash

I agree that 35 five is hardly middle aged.

But to answer your question, lots. Many middle-aged men and women are single and have been divorced, but are not in the process. In my experience there a ton of middle-aged women are are single/celibate for years. What is more accurate to say is that most middle-aged people have emotional baggage from past relationships.

And nor do I think it is true that married men are about all the 'good one's' left at 35, Jamie's age. She can easily date a man of 30, given that she's really attractive.

I will say that my MIL dated only widowers after divorcing her husbands. She just didn't trust men her own age and it proved to be a wise decision.

vCash
    Congrats to Jamie & Craig!

vCash
    Are you serious? 35 is not middle aged. Not even close. And there are good guys over the age of 30 who aren't married - single, divorced and widowed. But based on this logic: how many good ones were left when she was 21?

On a more positive note, Jesse seems like a cute kid, and I have to admit that Jamie looks really good.

vCash
    Congrats to Jamie and hubby. She now joins Kristi and Maria B in the 'I Married a Hockey Player' club.

Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Today we married our best friend?

Er, okay.
    Off topic, but I think I found Prancer on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3yMEdRqP_s

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Married men are about all the good ones left by her age.
    i would say that a married guy who wants to date is not a good one
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DickButtonFan View Post
    Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by alilou View Post
    People do what they do. They live their lives doing the best they can. Life's messy. None of us are perfect. Sometimes we can get better at it with practice. Sometimes not. Shrug.
    I hate the, "No one is perfect" excuse that comes out when things "get messy." It just screams avoiding responsibility for bad decisions.

I wouldn't ever judge people who get divorced. Marriages end all the time for all kinds of reasons. But that's two marriages that have ended after Jamie came into the picture, and I think that's at least suspect if not worse. That said, the men (Craig, David) in these cases are much more to blame than Jamie is.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

vCash
    There are 17 comments under the Edmonton Journal article
    http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/...535/story.html

Seven have been removed because they contained comments that were deemed inappropriate, and 2 have been removed as they were from posters blocked by the journal, and one is under review. Guess the knives are out.

People do what they do. They live their lives doing the best they can. Life's messy. None of us are perfect. Sometimes we can get better at it with practice. Sometimes not. Shrug.

ETA: I hope Jamie and Craig are very happy together. I know it took me two tries to get it right, and my husband as well. And I hope all the children involved get all the love and attention they need and deserve inspite of, and/or because of, the actions of all their various parents.
    I wouldn't put too much stock into those comments on the Edmonton Journal, a lot of insane crazies with too much time on that board hang out on there along with the right-wing crazies so it's no wonder that most of the comments have been removed.

So that WAS Craig Simpson that my mom ran into with Jamie at a mall here in town. She was shopping with my sister one day and said that she ran into Jamie with Jesse and another man but was trying to act a bit conspicuous, she noticed that she was with another guy but that it wasn't David. She doesn't know of Simpson all that well but it was definitely him! Hmm, I always thought they were together after BoTB but at that point it wasn't official. Well as long as they're happy together that's all that matters. I know David was still in Edmonton at one point, but I'm not sure if he's still here. Interesting.
    Kyle

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    Well as long as they're happy together that's all that matters.
    Really? I don't agree with that at all. If they've left a lot of wreckage in their wake--and notice that I said "if" because I don't know that they have--then I think that matters, too.

That's not to say that I don't understand why it happens, but it seems to me that if your happiness comes at the expense of someone else's misery, that means something.

For all I know, everyone in this case is happier. It happens that way sometimes. But it is often the case that everyone is not.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post

Though granted, I'm over 50 and shudder when I look back on some of the relationship decisions I made in my 20s and 30s.
    Oh God me too! :cringe:

Quote Originally Posted by Andora View Post

I hate the, "No one is perfect" excuse that comes out when things "get messy." It just screams avoiding responsibility for bad decisions.

I wouldn't ever judge people who get divorced. Marriages end all the time for all kinds of reasons. But that's two marriages that have ended after Jamie came into the picture, and I think that's at least suspect if not worse. That said, the men (Craig, David) in these cases are much more to blame than Jamie is.
    I don't agree that Craig and David are much more to blame, but I do think they are equally to blame. If blame must be laid.

I think "no one is perfect" is not an excuse but a simple statement of how it is, of how people are. And it's exactly the reason life is messy. How simple it would be if we could all be reasonable, mature, caring, politically correct and open-hearted all the time.

I also think that for some people a broken heart can be eventually a really positive and empowering thing.

I also think that an unhappy marriage held together "for the sake of the children" can be just as damaging for the children as having the parents separate and find happiness elsewhere.

Like I said - life's messy. Human emotions are messy. And we're all doing the best we can.
    Last edited by alilou; 06-22-2012 at 04:32 PM.
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

vCash
    New clause in contract for the next pairs skating "reality" show:

"Each member of the matched duos must agree to marry his or her show partner or else repay the show's producer the amount of the appearance fee for each year said members remain unmarried to each other..."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i would say that a married guy who wants to date is not a good one
    Oh c'mon, John Edwards is such a catch.

Seems like Jamie splits up marriages almost as well as she splits her left and right eyes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Really? I don't agree with that at all. If they've left a lot of wreckage in their wake--and notice that I said "if" because I don't know that they have--then I think that matters, too.
    Craig and Christine seemed perfectly happy at his golf charity event in 2009. The kids looked so happy. It was either right before the Blades started filming, or early on. When rumors of Jamie & Craig's flirting started circulating around the rink, everyone dismissed them - Craig and his wife seemed rock solid. Guess not.

When children are involved, it gets super-messy. I am a mother, my children adore their dad. They would be devastated if we split up, but much more so if it were due to a public affair.

vCash
    And we're all doing the best we can.
    And I'd counter that I don't think we're all doing the best we can. I think sometimes (maybe a lot of times) we do our best to be happy, and that can come at the cost of others' happiness. To me, that's being selfish and not doing one's best, necessarily. I'd also hazard we've all been there in one way or another (myself included).

To be fair in this case, Prancer makes a good point in that we don't actually know how it all went down.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

vCash
    I'm with Alilou on this one. Let's wish them well. We don't know inside stories and it's not our business. I'm always surprised at the response Jamie gets.

vCash
    I certainly do not know the behind the scenes truth of what happened but I respect the fact that no one involved has played this out in the press with public attacks to garner support at the expense of the children involved. I have seen Jamie and David skate together several times since the announcement of their divorce and although there may not be the old chemistry, there certainly seemed to be a comfortable familiarity and they were awesome - really thrilling. I hope that bodes well for their ability to work together for the future of their son and I hope the same is true for the Simpson children.
    pug lover

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast