34 28.57%
  • Yuka Sato

15 12.61%
  • Carolina Kostner

28 23.53%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FAN View Post
    Four of the most exquisite skaters of all time skating to one of their most brilliant programs:

Janet Lynn
    John Curry
    Yuka Sato
    Carolina Kostner

Which is your favorite?!?
    Thanks floskate. There were two links provided earlier to Lynn's performances of Afternoon of a Faun. I was referring to the first link provided in the first post in this thread: Janet Lynn competing at 1970 U.S. Nationals. The second link posted later was Lynn's 1971 Worlds exhibition, in which we see John Curry commenting on it to his students, and praising Lynn's artistry.

Thanks for the link to Lynn's MSG performance, skatesindreams!

vCash
    That MSG performance may have been her last.

vCash
    You can't really compare show programs to competition programs. Its not a level playing field. Show programs will almost always be more avant-garde and interesting.

vCash
    I love this piece of music and hoped to see one of my favorite skaters, Angela Nikodinov, skate her competitive free to this.

It's one of skating's lost programs, along with Nicole Bobek's "Titanic" and Michelle Kwan's "Bells of Moscow," that were never seen. All I can remember from talking to her about it was there was no 3S planned in it.

She did a gorgeous interpretive version of it for the Sears Open I believe but I can't find it on YouTube.

vCash
    I think Carolina's is the best. Choreographically everything fit perfectly.
    The two combo spins back to back went with the whirls in the music.
    Depending on which version of the program, the turns after the second double axel (without the triple toe in combo) went awesome with the music.
    Both triple loops went awesome with the music.
    The spiral sequence was spot on with the music, and lead right to the footwork sequence which I consider one of the best footwork sequences ever. For a level 4 (which she got at the 2011 Worlds) there was so much speed, grace, flow, and it went PERFECTLY to the music.
    Everything about the program was perfect. The best free program I've ever seen.

vCash
    I love anything and everything Yuka does

vCash
    My issue with Klimkin's performance is that IMO the choreography is excellent for a competition program, but his edge quality and body line are pretty mediocre for a world-class competitor, which distracts from the overall effect.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123