Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Title-less
    vCash
    That has to be the first triple lutz I've seen from Morgan Bell.

(But she gave back some on the 3 toe )

Still, great progress, Morgan!

Title-less
    vCash
    Big mistake on doubling the lutz from Wang but everything else good. Glad to see her turn last year's lp to a short. I love that music

She's ready for the jgp. score: 47.36

Bell 43.28
    Last edited by jlai; 06-23-2012 at 01:18 AM.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Hmm, Angela Wang was announced as from "Salt Lake Figure Skating" so perhaps she hasn't changed clubs/regions/sections after all? (I seem to recall that there's a young skater named Angela Wang from Arctic FSC - maybe that explains the mix-up?)

I like Wang's new "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon" (also glad to see it turned to a SP) - jumps I saw: 1Lz, 3F+2T, Ina Bauer to 2A.

ETA: McKinzie Daniels and Madeline Stammen (UGL) have scratched from the 2nd group.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    thanks Sylvia. oh well. would have been nice to see Mckinzie

i still don't understand how BLong and PEdmunds skated SP only (I thought that was it for them), then skated SP again today. after they had already skated the FS on the first day?

Will Long, Edmunds and Mariah Bell all skate the LP tomorrow? Will Angela Wang skate a long program tomorrow?

Appreciated the lovely spin positions from Koehler
    Last edited by skfan; 06-23-2012 at 01:33 AM.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Every year I see Utah's Kristina Struthwolf on the Broadmoor webcast & she always looks happy skating - enjoyed her Rhapsody in Blue SP!

ETA:
    Top 6 with one group left:
    Melissa Bulanhagui 50.14
    Angela Wang 47.36
    Morgan Bell 43.28
    Kristina Struthwolf 36.66
    Madeline Koehler 36.55
    Alicia Hsu 35.96 (current U.S. Collegiate Senior ladies champ)
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Title-less
    vCash
    Charbonneau's lutz wasn't all the way round and with the mistake on it, it probably comes with a hefty deduction. The combo was 3t/2t. energetic performance.

18.34 tes, 20.64 pcs 37.98 total with 1 deduction

Title-less
    vCash
    Chelsea Christopher's dress should win the sparkly award!

H Miller: Messy landing on 3lp/2t and 3 flip. Jumps still a little small.
    Last edited by jlai; 06-23-2012 at 02:24 AM.

vCash
    Really impressed that Barbie and Polina keep nailing their jumps, especially 3lz-3t!! , this early in the season. Really exciting. Hope they can keep this up, with Julia, Polina S, and Polina K moving up to the GP this season, those two could really make a splash, maybe even be in the hunt for medals at the JGPF, if they continue to skate this well. Wow!

Feel bad for Mariah but hopefully this was just a fluke and she skates well tomorrow. Is Polina's SP Korobushka? And what is Mariah's SP music? Mack and Mable from last season or does she have a new program?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    What I posted earlier, asking about her new SP music:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Did anyone recognize Mariah's SP music? (It sounded familiar to me - Irish-y? Hymn-like?)
    Hannah Miller edges out Bulanhagui to win the SP, scored 50.66. Tango with some sharp choreo (Daniil Barantsev was one of her choreographers) - 3Lo turnout-went for 3Lo fell out, 2-fted 3F turnout, 2A.

ETA unofficial results:
    Hannah Miller 50.66
    Melissa Bulanhagui (PHI) 50.14
    Angela Wang 47.36
    Morgan Bell 43.28
    Christina Yan (CAN) 42.84
    Chelsea Christopher 38.84
    Kate Charbonneau (CAN) 37.98
    Kristina Struthwolf 36.66
    Madeline Koehler 36.55
    Alicia Hsu 35.96
    Janae Sims 34.28
    Demetra Koris (GRE) 27.70
    Caroline Nickerson 25.80
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-23-2012 at 02:51 PM.

vCash
    Hannah Miller's new Tango SP is divine. I loved the choreography.

Good 3Lo+3Lo attempt.. definitely looking forward to seeing her on the JGP.

vCash
    Hmm, Angela Wang was announced as from "Salt Lake Figure Skating" so perhaps she hasn't changed clubs/regions/sections after all? (I seem to recall that there's a young skater named Angela Wang from Arctic FSC - maybe that explains the mix-up?)
    I was wondering this. I've seen an Angela Wang from Arctic FSC on lists for local competitions in EGL a few times and gotten excited for the few seconds before I realize it's got to be a different skater.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quite a display by Max Aaron in the Senior Men's Jumps event - nice 4S in warm-up, then 4T a bit rougher; in his 6 passes: high 3A, 3A; 4S+2T+2Lo, popped S into 2?; 4T, 4T fell out.

Paul Parkinson: 3A, 3A (both solid); 3Lz+2T+2Lo; 2 falls on 4S attempts.

Brandon Mroz: 3A+3T+3T in WU; 3A, 3A, 3A+3T+3T, 3A fell out, 4Lo fall, 4Lo fall. The crowd encouraged him to try again, but he didn't succeed in 2 more attempts.
    Note: I've since heard from a reliable source that Mroz did receive credit for the 4Loop that he fell on in his Broadmoor SP on Thursday.

In the first group, Timothy Dolensky fell on his first 3A, then fell out of his second 3A (good attempt); he also landed 3F+2T+2T and stepped out of a 'tano 3Lz. Tim Koleto fell on both his 3A but they looked close, and he landed a 3F+2T+2Lo.

ETA:
    In the Senior Ladies' Jumps event, Polina Edmunds landed everything: 1-foot footwork/turns into 2A (twice); 3Lz+3T+2Lo (2nd was better); 3F (twice). Angela Wang fell on her two 3Lz (combo) attempts but landed Ina into 2A (twice) and 3F (twice). Final standings (majority ordinals): Edmunds 5/1, Wang 5/2, C Christopher 5/3

Final standings for Senior Men's Jumps (majority ordinals): M Aaron 5/1, B Mroz 5/2, P Parkinson (ITA) 5/3, T Dolensky (SA) 3/4, T Koleto 4/5, B Krentz (UGL) 4/6

ETA on Saturday morning - unofficial Juvenile results for today as well as Friday's event results: http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/2...ts-highlights/
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-23-2012 at 10:23 PM.

Title-less
    vCash
    Sr men free is cancelled today, according to live feed

vCash

I like Wang's new "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon" (also glad to see it turned to a SP) - jumps I saw: 1Lz, 3F+2T, Ina Bauer to 2A.

ETA: McKinzie Daniels and Madeline Stammen (UGL) have scratched from the 2nd group.
    The order sheets from the accountants may have still said SLFC, rather than the new club. It could be that she was in progress of changing at the time of entry. As an announcer I will tell you that we read what is printed, unless we are told otherwise.
    Happy Skating!

Crzesk8dad

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgobluegirl View Post
    I was wondering this. I've seen an Angela Wang from Arctic FSC on lists for local competitions in EGL a few times and gotten excited for the few seconds before I realize it's got to be a different skater.
    Quote Originally Posted by crzesk8dad View Post
    The order sheets from the accountants may have still said SLFC, rather than the new club. It could be that she was in progress of changing at the time of entry. As an announcer I will tell you that we read what is printed, unless we are told otherwise.
    It was the Senior Ladies SP start order sheet that said "Arctic FSC" for Angela Wang and she was announced as representing "Salt Lake Figure Skating" in 2 events yesterday. I am hoping to clear this up by later today.

ETA: Angela Wang is listed for today's Senior Ladies FS as being from Salt Lake Figure Skating (her original club), so it WAS a skater/club mix-up earlier and she has NOT switched regions/sections.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-23-2012 at 10:24 PM.

Title-less
    vCash
    Does anyone have starting orders for today? Thx

vCash
    ETA:
    In the Senior Ladies' Jumps event, Polina Edmunds landed everything: 1-foot footwork/turns into 2A (twice); 3Lz+3T+2Lo (2nd was better); 3F (twice). Angela Wang fell on her two 3Lz (combo) attempts but landed Ina into 2A (twice) and 3F (twice). I assume the final stadnings were: Edmunds, Wang, Chelsea Christopher.
    So Polina competed as a senior in jumps but a junior in competition? Is this common, or does it mean she plans to compete as a senior this season and is just doing junior programs now because she hasn't tested up yet or because she plans to use both programs (senior for qualifying events, junior for (hopefully) JGP)? Also for 3lz-3t-2lo, David Glynn is doing a really great job with her. She must be working very hard! Good luck to her in the FS, and Angela Wang! Shame she fell on her lutzes here, the video I saw of her doing 3lz-3t-3t was amazing!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Canada's Zoe Gong won the Novice Ladies event with a combined score of 110.84 [74.08 FS]. She skated cleanly to a James Bond medley and landed 2A+2T, 3Lo+2T, 3S, 2A, 2Lz, 2F+2Lo. She looked very happy at the end and is being coached by Damon Allen (for the summer, I assume).
    2nd-6th: Cheyenne Taylor (SWP) 95.42, Elena Pulkinen (CP) 93.59, Livvy Shilling (EGL) 93.57, Chloe Roslin (EGL) 92.16, Terri Hannig 88.74.

Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    So Polina competed as a senior in jumps but a junior in competition? Is this common,
    Yes and yes. As of now, it looks like Edmunds is planning to stay Junior this season (she's also registered to compete Junior at Glacier Falls in early August).

Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    Does anyone have starting orders for today?
    Senior Ladies FS start order:
    C Nickerson (EGL), A Hsu (EGL), J Sims, D Koris (GRE) / K Struthwolf (CP), K Charbonneau (CAN), C Christopher (EGL), M Koehler (EGL) / M Bulanhagui (PHI), A Wang (CP), C Yan (CAN), M Bell, H Miller (EGL)

Junior Ladies FS start order:
    M Gottlieb (NE), S Pultorak, R Lawson, S Seibold, T Nguyen, M Craze / B Long (UGL), P Edmunds (CP), K Shpilband (NA), A Fu, M Bell, A Kurtz
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-24-2012 at 12:37 AM.

vCash
    To those who watched: has BMroz made improvements over last season with his speed, expression, etc.?

Title-less
    vCash
    Very solid debut from Angela Wang, some mistakes in the second half but she looks ready for JGP. She deserves the very first jgp US can send her, based on summer comp + nationals results.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast