Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

vCash
    And if the 4S/4Lz won't be enough of a challenge for umronnie, there's always the possibility of the Kings (and Queens) of Quads: pairs edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Eyre View Post
    Takahashi ubers have largely ruined his skating for me. I know that I should have appreciated him more than I do now and I did appreciate him more in the past. I'm trying.
    Therein lies the tragedy (if we were to use the sort of overblown terminology that they like) of the ubers: in trying so hard to bring you around to their way of thinking, they achieve exactly the opposite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    It was the Kwan ubers (in the US media even more than the fans) that prevented me from appreciating a very nice skater as much as I would have if I'd been allowed to develop that appreciation on my own.

But she never did any quads much less as king of them.
    King Kwan with a Kwad? Kan you imagine it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    It would seem that to lala, it's all about Plushenko and nothing else matters. Wonder what they will do when Plushy actually retires from skating. Will they still follow him as intensely as they do now? I understand about being uber but I fear lala may be taking it to another level -- perhaps their own rep level, dare I say?
    Hello professordeb!

You know, I watched the FS in my whole life, ( I remember Katarina Witt and Debbie Thomas for example), and i adore it ! I had so many favourites in every discipline. But Plushenko and his personality amazed me, even if you don't understand it. So I'm tired of you. What is your problem? I read almost every threads, and I interested in those things. But I write if I know something. And what I know exactly ? Plushenko. I have no time to know every skater's details, stories etc. Do you understand?
    You can be sure that Plushy won't disappear from the FS if he withdraw entirely. He wants to be a coach (he is already a coach, but don't work, of course), and he is more than a good skater, as Cherub said.
    Last edited by lala; 01-09-2013 at 06:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    I was thinking anyone who tries the sal more than the toe, so maybe someone like Frederick Dambier, who definitely landed a few 4S (i don't think he ever attempted the 4T), but my money would be on Goebel.
    I would expect Goebel to top that list, definitely - though Fernandez could surpass him at some point.

King Kwan with a Kwad? Kan you imagine it
    I am shocked that you would resort to such puns!

I believe the only queen of any sort on a quad list would be Miki Ando, right?

vCash
    Read the first post....or any post at all, i'm not sure you bother to read very much in any thread.
    Well, you are right. I didn't read the first post..

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    No kidding? Shocking.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    Well, now you know. There's a place for expressing your admiration for a favorite skater, but a general thread like this one isn't really it...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    umronnie, I have a challenge for you: can you post a list of who has done the most quads other than a 4T? I figure Goebel and Fernandez will be on it, and Amodio and Zhang as well.
    Generally, if it was done under CoP, I probably have it on protocol, but for 6.0 programs you mostly have to check youtube clips and telling a clean quad sal from a clip is more difficult than a clean quad toe. I don't have anything for Min Zhang. I didn't figure he'd be around the 40-50s so I didn't bother checking up on his clips. I used to be a fan of Dambier, but as far as I can remember, he mostly 2-footed his 4S, and they were probably underrotated.

So, from the quad list that I have:

Goebel with 34 quad sals out of 35 attemps! (most of his falls were on 4T)
    Reynolds with 25 quad sals out of 38 attempts (66%). He also attempted 4Loop a couple of times, but none were successful
    Fernandez with 9 out of 9 attempts

What is interesting about thses 3 guys is that their success rate on the 4S is higher than the 4T. Goebel and Reynolds prefer(ed) the 4S and it is the one they repeat while Fernandez prefers the 4T.

Amodio has only done 4Ss, not 4Ts. He has landed all of 6 out of 12 attempts. Brezina has a beautiful 4S, when he lands it, which hadn't happened a lot - 6 times (plus one 4T) out of 18 attempts total.

vCash
    Ok, Ok! I understand, calm down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    No kidding? Shocking.

vCash
    lala said
    Ok, Ok! I understand, calm down.
    Thank you dear one. I understand your love for Plushy but sometimes it gets a wee bit weary for those of us who are not ubers. It would also be a good idea to get into the habit of reading the first post of a topic

OK, back to quad talk!
    Crazy about sports!

From the Bloc
    vCash
    On Plush - seeing him skate live at Europeans finally made me understand what doesn't come across on TV, so I appreciate him more than i ever have....but since I still only get to watch him on TV i don't massively enjoy his performances. I watched the taped cvoerage of the Europeans programmes I saw live, and just noted how unfavourably it compared to live.
    Agree - IMO only when you see him live can you fully appreciate Plushy's power, command of the ice and the way he can pull an audience in. Mind you, the same can be said for a lot of skaters. Kwan bored me to death except for the times I saw her live, when she lit up the entire area with the beauty of her skating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by umronnie View Post
    So, from the quad list that I have:

Goebel with 34 quad sals out of 35 attemps! (most of his falls were on 4T)
    Reynolds with 25 quad sals out of 38 attempts (66%). He also attempted 4Loop a couple of times, but none were successful
    Fernandez with 9 out of 9 attempts.
    Wow re Goebel. That is an impressive success rate even for triples, let along a quad. Also Fernandez and his perfect record, why he's not doing them in the SP is a mystery.

vCash
    Dambier did a lot of salchows as far as I remember, but I have to go back and check my tapes... I guess some were URd and two-footed, my love for Frédéric might have blurred my memory.

Klimkin's 4s was a beauty when he landed it, like when he won NHK with his Faun-program. What year was that? Didn't he even do two quads then? He also did a great quad in some GP 2002/2003 season. Also NHK?

YEAH!
    vCash
    The Goebel and Fernandez success rates are amazing! I don't think a 4sal is easier than a 4toe, per se, but I wonder if it's because it's such a rare jump, that the guys don't feel a need to put it in unless they are really really consistent on it. With the 4toe, a lot of guys probably put it in because of the pressure, even if they're not hitting it well in practice.

vCash
    I remember seeing Frédéric Dambier landing 4T in practice, for I doubt he tried it in competition (I could be wrong here). Would have loved to see his 4F.

vCash
    Yes, Dambier landed perfect 4toes (and 4sal's) at the practices at Euros in Budapest 2004. I remember staying in the practice rink watching him, instead of going to the main rink to watch some finale (pairs?) Seem to recall I was about the only one in the stands lol. Watched rest of pairs later
    Fréderic didn't attempt the 4t in his FS the evening after though, I've never seen him try anything else but the salchow in competition.
    Last edited by SmallFairy; 01-10-2013 at 06:14 AM.

vCash
    Goebel will probably always be the all time king of quads and all jumps in skating.

vCash
    Has any woman besides Ando hit a quad in competition? I remember when Sasha was training the 4S, but I don't think she ever landed it in competition. Also I believe that Courtney Hicks has been training it.

vCash

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast