• Domnina & Shabalin

59 29.65%
  • Virtue & Moir

12 6.03%
  • Davis & White

10 5.03%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    DelSchoes for me. I liked their voidy programs, but they really don't have all that much of a track record.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    I think Domnina-Shabalin was strong skaters and not worst in this list

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I think Domnina-Shabalin was strong skaters and not worst in this list
    Agree, but I'm voting on how they skated when they won Worlds, you have to agree they weren't strong when they won. But still maybe not the worst on the list.

vCash
    Who is the weakest link among these past champions
    For me this mean skating quality. But maybe i am wrong.

vCash
    I voted L/A.B/K will be next but I guess the only time I really liked them was when they won Worlds.So they're safe for now.

vCash
    with some of the skaters on the list I don't understand why D/W or V/M have a single vote against them, IMHO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    with some of the skaters on the list I don't understand why D/W or V/M have a single vote against them, IMHO
    V-M will be out after B-K even if they have one of the best skating skills in this list But its OK - we all have our own favorites

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaiKozOda View Post
    C'mon? How can someone vote for Domnina & Shabalin at this stage? I know that it has a lot to do with personal preferences and perceptions but I think D&S did skate some terrific performances throughout their career..
    I didn't vote for them, but really, the only program I thought they were good is their Tango Romantica CD at 2010 Olympics.

vCash
    Did you all remember, how Krylova & Ovsiannikov won gold at WCh? But nobody vote against them. There victory wasnt clean, but they were skaters better, then Anisina-Peizerat. The same with Domnina-Shabalin.

vCash
    Did you all remember, how Krylova & Ovsiannikov won gold at WCh? But nobody vote against them. There victory wasnt clean, but they were skaters better, then Anisina-Peizerat. The same with Domnina-Shabalin.
    I am not sure what you mean. They had a FD that did not appeal to everyone, but it was difficult and well skated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I am not sure what you mean. They had a FD that did not appeal to everyone, but it was difficult and well skated.
    France submitted the protest on results of competitions

vCash
    France submitted the protest on results of competitions
    How does that prove anything? Anyone can file a protest. France supported their ice dance team, that's all. K&O were superior skaters and they had an innovative and difficult program which they delivered clean. That's hardly a reason for a protest.

vCash
    They didn't deserve the world title in 2009
    2009 Worlds was a mess and nobody really "deserved" to win IMO.

B&A and D&W were over marked in the CDs, DomShab and V&M were over marked in the OD, and the FD was a wash and they deservedly all received FD scores that were in about a point of each other. B&A probably skated the cleanest over the OD and FD, but their FD was horribly, horribly constructed ,choreographed, and interpreted. One of Linichuk's worst, and that is saying something. As a judge, I would have killed them on the CH/TR/IN marks. Although the rest of the field's material wasn't much better...I think I had Pech/Bourz first on the FD in PCS, and Samuelson and Bates in the top 3 in the OD.

Delobel and Scheonfelder would have won that one easily based on the year they were having

DomShabs had way more interesting programs before they were allowed to move up after N&K retired. IMO, they had the best Rumba portion of the Latin OD in 2006. But I 100% agree they were terrible in the OD and FD in 2010 becuase of his knee, and should have been 6th overall at best behind Del/Schoe, B&A, and F&S. Their CD was good, but not that good.

vCash
    Delobel & Schoenfelder would have cakewalked to the 2009 World title had they competed I am sure. It would have been a blowout just like the GP final where DomShabs probably skated better than Worlds if anything and lost to the French by a huge margin. Much more of a certainty than Domnina & Shabalin in 2008, as Delobel & Schoenfelder still could have challenged them that year (and B&A without their fall). Such miserable luck when they had really established themselves the #1 team for the first time. The injury then the pregnancy and suddenly their long last now burgeoning career was over with a whimper rather than a bang.

Given the quality of performances at the 2009 Worlds they should have just awarded Delobel & Schoenfelder the gold for their performances previously that season and given the top 4 all a pewter medal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12