Port de bras!!!
    vCash

Kwan interview on ESPN

Well, I'll be. My husband, of all people just sent this to me. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet but here ya all go:
    http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=805...goryid=2378529
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Wow -- great interview. One of the most interesting comments about Nagano that she's ever made, imo, as well as reflections on '98 Nationals.

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    Anyone want to type of quick summary? <3

vCash
    Thanks for posting. Always interesting to hear Michelle's take on her skating career. Michelle on Nagano fp: "A split moment after I won, ..." Then she catches herself. But ah yes, Michelle, whether silver or gold, you ultimately won in so many ways with your 1998 Nagano skate.

Lol re Michelle talking about the transition to not having to worry so much about her sleeping and eating schedules. Yeah re her 1998 Nationals performances. They will go down in history as the greatest ever.

Michelle's response to the viewer question about the differences in skating today, very interesting, but similar to what many have said: i.e., having to count so much during a fp rather than being able to focus on the artistic presentation and flowing to the music, and telling a story.

Two beautiful and courageous ladies. Props to Robin Roberts for facing her current health challenges with such grace and determination.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    What's going on with Robin Roberts?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Roberts Diagnosed With MDS After Breast Cancer

Thankfully her sister is a match and she'll be getting a transplant. So hopefully she'll pull through with few complications.

Excellent interview with Michelle, as always. I love that she looks back with no regrets. She did everything she could do to the best of her abilities. It's why I'll always admire The Kween.

vCash
    She also talked about what a complete freedom she felt skating at '98 Nationals just three weeks after having her ankle and foot in a cast, when she hadn't thought she'd be able to compete. And how much she felt like she was counting, counting, counting under the new judging system.

vCash
    Thanks so much for posting this link. The interview is really great and Michelle looks great!

vCash
    Wonderful interview!

My thoughts and prayers are with Robin Roberts, too.

vCash
    That is the only time I have ever heard her articulate her goal to win an OGM. In 98 I remember she always referred to 'wanting to be a legend' but not specifically the OGM goal.
    ~ Alison

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    I think "wanting to be a legend" was her larger goal, but everybody at the Olympics is trying to win, the prize being a OGM. What's the point of competing if the intention is not to win?

vCash
    That was really beautiful to see and listen to, and kudos to ESPN for all the perfectly matched video and images that went into this interview. It was interesting for hear Michelle articulate how much she really wanted that OGM, but still to have regrets (and I believe her).

And prayers and hugs to Robin Roberts - you can beat this, girl, you can do it again!!!!
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Thanks so much.

End of the Nagano free skate. It's a defining moment in her life (and my life too. I was also 17 back then.) I remember watching the end of the programme and thinking ... "OMG, she won, just like that". Then tears came flooding so naturally (the first time I shed tears while watching skating).

And of course, she didn't win. But then she went on to achieve so many great things in skating and in life.

Michelle's 1998 Olympics will be a reminder to me that whatever setbacks there are, one day I'll wake up and think "argh, that's why........"

vCash
    LOL at her saying "after I won". I love her.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Oh no, that's too bad about Robin. Best of luck to her.

from Speedy Death