Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash

In honor of Paul McCartney's 70th, your favorite Beatles programs!

In honor of Sir Paul turning 70 today, I wanted to have everyone give their favorite Beatles/Wings/etc program. While I love this one from Jeremy Abbott for the technical difficulty and the footwork, my heart belongs to this underrated performance from Navarro Bommentre.

Yours?
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Not really one of my favorite programs, but definitely one of my favorite dance teams ever.

Klimova and Ponomarenko 1988 Olympics FD

vCash
    Thanks for the thread. Love you Paul!

Eleanor Rigby by Crone-Porier, of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWxa7Y-nrCo

En el trabajo en mi obra maestra, "Bodegón de rosas, las toronjas y el Planetario", que se llevará algún tiempo.
    vCash

vCash
    Meryl and Charlie, 2008 Worlds performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzA2cAvQXQo

vCash
    Crone & Poirier's Eleanor Rigby: The Beatles as choreographed by Christopher Dean. It doesn't get any better than that.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Don't have a favorite program but happy 70th, Sir Paul!
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash

vCash
    Michelle Kwan, "A Day in the Life," Jeff Beck version.

This is the best quality video even though she fell at Nationals 2000. She had trouble with the triple toe again at Worlds. But it's still a beautiful program and a haunting version of this melody:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMnyAh2hmM0
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manleywoman View Post
    In honor of Sir Paul turning 70 today, I wanted to have everyone give their favorite Beatles/Wings/etc program. While I love this one from Jeremy Abbott for the technical difficulty and the footwork, my heart belongs to this underrated performance from Navarro Bommentre.

Yours?
    Coming on to post re: Kim and Brent, loved that program. Saw it in Hartford in 06 and I teared up, it was wonderful!

vCash
    Rakhamo / Kokko 1995 FD
    Dusheneys "Eleanor Rigby"

En el trabajo en mi obra maestra, "Bodegón de rosas, las toronjas y el Planetario", que se llevará algún tiempo.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    Michelle Kwan, "A Day in the Life," Jeff Beck version.

This is the best quality video even though she fell at Nationals 2000. She had trouble with the triple toe again at Worlds. But it's still a beautiful program and a haunting version of this melody:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMnyAh2hmM0
    Actually, the jump she had a wonky landing on in the 2000 Worlds short program was the triple flip.

Were it on YouTube, I would have posted a link to the 1999 Skate America version instead.

vCash
    Thanks so much manleywoman, for posting that link to Kim's and Brent's great performance. Miss them. They always seemed to give and receive so much enjoyment through their skating. Watching Kim and Brent just now, I am struck by their distinctive quality of giving and joyous enthusiasm in performing together that I also see somewhat similarly in Gilles/ Poirier.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Dusheneys "Eleanor Rigby"
    Here it is:

1989 World Figure Skating Championships FD
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QhhRDHOri4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by falling_dance View Post
    Actually, the jump she had a wonky landing on in the 2000 Worlds short program was the triple flip.
    Yep. I was there in Cleveland for her fall in the SP -- and as I was by that (right below where my group was sitting), I commented that one good thing about that was we no longer would have to hear about Kwan "playing safe" with an easier jump in the SP because that would be the last time we'd ever see her use a 3T there. And it was.
    Were it on YouTube, I would have posted a link to the 1999 Skate America version instead.
    I'm not sure if I ever saw that version of ADITL.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    I'm not sure if I ever saw that version of ADITL.
    The SA version (I should have said "performance" in my last post, as it's the same music and choreo) originally aired on CTV. I don't know if it was broadcast on US television.

vCash
    Klimova & Ponomarenko's '88 FD. Amazing lightness, unison, elegance, and it should have won the Olympics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manleywoman View Post
    In honor of Sir Paul turning 70 today, I wanted to have everyone give their favorite Beatles/Wings/etc program.My heart belongs to this underrated performance from Navarro Bommentre.
    Yours?
    Thank you manleywoman for my favorite N/B program.It is sublime and my supreme one is T/D :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op9MS1f3WAk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by falling_dance View Post
    The SA version (I should have said "performance" in my last post, as it's the same music and choreo) originally aired on CTV. I don't know if it was broadcast on US television.
    US tv coverage of Grand Prix events was pretty sad -- they almost never showed any SP's -- even of Skate America. Kwan's wonderful debut of The Feeling Begins I saw online from someone's posting a clip from Chinese tv broadcast!
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    I've always enjoyed Johnny Weir's 2004 exhibition skate to Imagine. Was unable to find this early Johnny vid on youtube now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast