Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yehudi View Post
    Random question. Do the rich folk live in the Hamptons year round? I always thought it was a summer spot. The Graysons at least seem to live there the whole year
    Typically it's a summer house. But last season we saw that they stayed there through Thanksgiving anyway. But I think the idea was that it was an unusual occurrence for them because of Daniel's incarceration. This season picked up at Memorial Day, the start of the summer season.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I'm used to Madeline Stowe being fabulous with her sweet smiles, but I thought the actor playing Conrad was brilliant this ep - thanks in large part to some great lines they gave him!

Paraphrasing, but I loved it when Daniel brought in the passport and he waves him off with "your propensity for gullibility is the least of our challenges right now."

And then when he announced his remarriage to Victoria? Classic!!

Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    is that whole family intent on setting up declan or having jack owe them something? seemed weird. not good weird. more get me back to the main story these people are as compelling as oatmeal weird.
    Last week I thought it came out of nowhere - deleted scenes from an old OC script, and yes there was a HUGE jump to Declan actually breaking, entering and stealing from last week's hold the stash which was

But further in, I think we see what's really going on here. Good guy Jack and vulnerable Declan are being set up by creepy "come to my house" guy.

All I can say is this better tie back to the rest of the story or I'm FFing through this one.

Last season I was tentatively supportive of the Declan/Charlotte storyline as I thought they represented a more innocent parallel to all the stuff their older siblings and parents were doing, but it seems that with the drug abuse and now this, we are going off track somewhat - perhaps in an effort to get the younger viewers who used to watch OC?

(I mention OC several times because the creator/writer of Revenge used to write for OC.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    I don't know if it was my TV, but I couldn't catch any of Ashley's lines during the press conference.
    I had issues too - had to go back and crank the volume several times, and there are still a few lines I didn't catch.

Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    I think Daniel is already a significantly more interesting character, with way more potential, than Jack. I wish they'd just get rid of Jack. Emily's relationship with Daniel has so much more potential conflict, and I think the two actors have a lot more chemistry.
    You know that the actors playing Emily and Daniel are together in RL, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Spazactaz View Post
    Isn't the baby really Jack's though? I thought she just lied to her when she said that it wasn't.
    It's Jack's, and aside from being sad about it, Emily would rather Amanda think it's not so that she has something to hold over her.

Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I thought Nolan said he sold his house.
    Yes - he said something about the trauma there (WHM, the talented Mr Hamptons) and wanting to move on. Plus it's a plot device to get him in Emily's house. And maybe budget cuts - that was a helluva set!

The Graysons have mentioned a place in the city, and given that Conrad's been using it as a place to take his girlfriends, Victoria likes the Hampton's better - I think she even said something at one point about not wanting to go to the city or preferring the summer house or something. And didn't they talk about it in the divorce proceedings too - having several places - maybe even one more for skiing somewhere?

vCash
    Victoria has never believed that Amanda is Amanda. She's also never trusted Emily. She's fairly close to making the connection, IMO...
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    Victoria has never believed that Amanda is Amanda. She's also never trusted Emily. She's fairly close to making the connection, IMO...
    I would agree with you that she's very distrustful. I'm sure she knows something is not quite right, but can't put her fingers on just what that is yet. Emanda has been at too many places that are just too convenient for her to totally believe her.

However, while people may suspect that Emanda is not who she says she is, the whole scheme is a bit too out there for people to fully grasp it. The amount of background and cooperation that she has had to do to make it all work is pretty incredible. So I can see Victoria believing that something is off but not really grasping the full extent of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtisticFan View Post
    However, while people may suspect that Emanda is not who she says she is, the whole scheme is a bit too out there for people to fully grasp it. The amount of background and cooperation that she has had to do to make it all work is pretty incredible. So I can see Victoria believing that something is off but not really grasping the full extent of it.
    ITA. I think once she finds out, she won't be wholly surprised because she knows there's something wrong. She just doesn't know what it is. She's known there was something odd about Emily from fay 1 though, remember she got Frank to do a background check? She had no reason to be suspicious then. Now, she's got a lot

From the Bloc
    vCash
    In my mind this show is really about Emily vs Victoria, bitter enemies, but also very much alike and thus equal adversaries. Emily may be the good vs Victoria's evil, but the further we get into the story the more that line blurs. I can already see what started as a show that could have been called Emily's Revenge is much broader than that now, and certainly Victoria's got both the motives and capacity for revenge herself. Just not the ninja skills

vCash
    Ninja skills make all the difference!

Emily is evil. Telling Amanda the baby wasn't Jack's...dark and twisty, as Nolan said. I thought it was pretty interesting contradict this to the flashback of her relationship with Aiden, and show how she has toughened up since he left. It's unusual to see a flashback or even a current scene with Emily showing genuine compassion.

I love this show. I really hope it doesn't jump the shark!

vCash
    I still hope that at some point Victoria and Emily join together and become Team HBIC. In a lot of ways they were screwed by the same people. And God, that could be so epically awesome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    It's Jack's, and aside from being sad about it, Emily would rather Amanda think it's not so that she has something to hold over her.
    Did I miss something? I didn't think we were given a definite answer on that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Did I miss something? I didn't think we were given a definite answer on that.
    Yeah, you missed it. Emily showed Nolan the real paternity results that proved Jack's the baby daddy, and the fact that she told Amanda differently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    Yeah, you missed it. Emily showed Nolan the real paternity results that proved Jack's the baby daddy, and the fact that she told Amanda differently.
    Thanks, I don't remember that. I was really tired when I watched that night. We had an engagement party for my daughter that day. Should re-watch it.

vCash
    Anyone watching? That was crazy what happened to Amily.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    This whole episode is
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    did you hear fauxmanda actually say to save the baby ahead of her?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    No, but it would be convenient for her to be dead.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    This episode has been crazy intense.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Running from Morozov...I'm blonde, after all! IL
    vCash
    I'm not reading any spoilers, but just popping in to say that this is my new favorite show on tv. Is it possible to see new eps online? I only have Netflix for it.

vCash
    am I the only shipping Emanda and Aiden?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ssminnow View Post
    am I the only shipping Emanda and Aiden?
    no, he's a much better partner for her than jack or the insipid fiance who is coming along but not that quickly
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast