Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

vCash
    Thank you cruisin and Jenny

One more question - how do they make Emily (the actress) look so YOUNG in those flashbacks?! Is it just the dark hair and fringe?! That scene with her and Takeda, she really looked about 16.
    “What’s on the revengenda this evening?” – Nolan Ross

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    3) Is Aiden Victoria's son? Digital Spy's reporter thinks she heard him call Daniel 'mon frére' - I know we at FSU dismissed that idea because Aiden is too young, but hey if the actor who plays Nolan turns 41 tomorrow anything is possible.
    No! That is out there!

Daniel came rushing in and called upstairs to Emily that there was a change of plan for "ce soir", French for 'this evening', probably as a reference to the fact they are planning to move to Paris. Maybe he wanted to go to Paris then? Anyway, Aiden called him "mon frere" in response to Daniel's "ce soir".

Other problem...the "hello mother" we heard from Patrick was in an American accent, wasn't it?
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post

Other problem...the "hello mother" we heard from Patrick was in an American accent, wasn't it?
    Yes. I hoped it was Nolan at first, a crazy thought just to believe he was out! But I think Jenny is right, he will be new.

One thing I am confused about - how did Conrad know the laptop is at the bottom of the ocean?!
    “What’s on the revengenda this evening?” – Nolan Ross

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Ah, but I think they have been working this season to show us that Victoria is evil but on a different scale than Conrad. She has a soft side, and feelings of guilt and regret, and an understanding of where the lines are crossed. Conrad OTOH has moved to a higher level of evil, although I do still think he loves his kids, and Victoria for that matter.
    The underlying theme of Revenge is choice. I don't think we're meant to necessarily agree with Victoria's choices in her life, but we are meant to understand them. I would hope I would not just abandon my child for art school, but I can easily see how a sixteen year old would. And after that, rightly or wrongly, Victoria's decisions have all been for the "good" of the family; she's pathologically committed to the Grayson name. She's a perfect foil for Emily. Neither are victims exactly, but I think we're supposed to see how external circumstances beyond each character's control boxed them into going a certain way in life.

Conrad would probably be evil no matter what. Victoria would probably not be.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Thank you cruisin and Jenny

One more question - how do they make Emily (the actress) look so YOUNG in those flashbacks?! Is it just the dark hair and fringe?! That scene with her and Takeda, she really looked about 16.
    They made the camera squint...
    Season 3 better hurry is all I can say.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    I too agree that Patrick is a character we have not seen before. But unless Patrick is gay and starts romancing Nolan (which I would LOVE!), then I'm assuming Patrick will be all up Emily's grill.

I can't see the show having Emily suffer love troubles with Daniel, Jack, Patrick *and* Aiden. One of them must go, and it looks like it's Aiden. At the very least, I suspect the final reveal of Aiden's fate will be the big mystery of season 3, like who died on the beach in season 1 (great!) and who died on the sinking ship (ugh!).

vCash
    One thing I am confused about - how did Conrad know the laptop is at the bottom of the ocean?!
    I don't think he did know that, per se. Conrad could never find the laptop and assumed it must have been on the boat that went down.

Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    I too agree that Patrick is a character we have not seen before. But unless Patrick is gay and starts romancing Nolan (which I would LOVE!), then I'm assuming Patrick will be all up Emily's grill.

I can't see the show having Emily suffer love troubles with Daniel, Jack, Patrick *and* Aiden. One of them must go, and it looks like it's Aiden. At the very least, I suspect the final reveal of Aiden's fate will be the big mystery of season 3, like who died on the beach in season 1 (great!) and who died on the sinking ship (ugh!).
    Not necessarily. Patrick is older, and Emily has her hands full already even without Aiden.

Aiden may have survived and will factor back into it later.

I sincerely hope they won't go there with Emily and Patrick. I'd rather he go for Nolan or Ashley.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    Loved the episode. It kept me awake with unanswered questions. Guess that is the hallmark of a really good story.

The one thing that bothered me was the reveal. They aired it too many times as a preview, which took all of the punch out of it. My thought: Jack appeared to have loved his wife and she is still dead, no matter what her name was. If he wasn't conflicted before, he certainly will be now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    Conrad would probably be evil no matter what. Victoria would probably not be.
    I agree with this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Meredith View Post
    The one thing that bothered me was the reveal. They aired it too many times as a preview, which took all of the punch out of it. My thought: Jack appeared to have loved his wife and she is still dead, no matter what her name was. If he wasn't conflicted before, he certainly will be now.
    I thought it was a fake out. The previews are so often misleading, that I didn't fully expect it. I enjoyed it regardless

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Might have been part of casting - knowing there would be a ton of flashbacks, they cast both Emily and Nolan with actors who can look a lot younger than they are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Might have been part of casting - knowing there would be a ton of flashbacks, they cast both Emily and Nolan with actors who can look a lot younger than they are.
    And I think Nolan is genetically blessed! He doesn't look so young in flashbacks, but he sure as hell doesn't look 41 either!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    And I think Nolan is genetically blessed! He doesn't look so young in flashbacks, but he sure as hell doesn't look 41 either!
    To be fair, most people, today, look younger than their parents/grandparents did at the same age. I'm 60 and I know look much younger than my mother/grandmother did at 60. Most of my friends, the same. When I was 33 I was carded every time I tried to buy a bottle of wine .

vCash
    Random Thoughts:

The producers kept their promise to demystify the scope of the Initiative by basically Rubiconing it (See AMC's Rubicon Wiki entry. That show was about a secret society of war profiteers in Corporate America). Fine with me. I was fearful they were going the route of Rimbaldi circa "Alias".

The whole Regina thing was a weird detour that was uncessary IMO. I wish they'd scale things down to the key players. Sorry to lose Takeda, but if it means less Aiden then I'm all for it.

If history is any indicator, Jack will be angry and push Emily away, hating himself and falling into a further spiral. But let's face it, his life sucks. Loses his Dad in Season 1. Loses his wife that he THINKS is his childhood sweetheart, but isn't. And then loses his only brother. Sheesh. The only bright spot is Carl, and I suspect the baby will narratively stay with his grandmother never to be seen next season. Hopefully he'll lick his wounds quickly and then Emily can corral him into her plan.

Nolan! She really does need his tech skills, but beyond that he's really her only family in a sense. I want her to go all gladiator mode to save him.

I believed Victoria desperately wanted Jack to pull the trigger. Her speech to Emily about marrying for position and how hollow it feels was a self-admission. Still, I expect she'll rally as she always does.

Love that Conrad is now the Governor Victoria as the 1st lady of NY? As if she wasn't already.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    The producers kept their promise to demystify the scope of the Initiative by basically Rubiconing it (See AMC's Rubicon Wiki entry. That show was about a secret society of war profiteers in Corporate America). Fine with me. I was fearful they were going the route of Rimbaldi circa "Alias".
    Agree - I mentioned Quantum of Solace above - the Bond movie where a consortium of international power players is in it not for terrorism or some crusade, but for profit.

The whole Regina thing was a weird detour that was uncessary IMO. I wish they'd scale things down to the key players.
    Agree again - they kept trying to make the whole Charlotte-Declan story work, and it never did. I thought it might have as an innocent parallel to all the nasty stuff the grown ups were doing, but instead we got junior stories more suited to 90210 or the OC that just distracted from what we really want to see. Maybe they were trying to get a younger demographic. But with Declan gone, I hope they can take a closer look at Charlotte now and take her story beyond what they've done so far. Regina was just too random - came out of nowhere, just another 3-5 ep story arc contract player.

I believed Victoria desperately wanted Jack to pull the trigger.
    I thought that was a critical scene somewhat lost with all the other stuff going on at once. Would have been better in another ep, where the importance of it in her character development could have been better explored.

Love that Conrad is now the Governor Victoria as the 1st lady of NY? As if she wasn't already.

vCash
    I'm wondering if there's more to the "IT guy" than just a Conrad/Initiative flunky to set the bomb.

In season 1, with all of Victoria's flashbacks about David and the plot against him, I thought we were meant to see her as conflicted between love and power as represented by David and Conrad respectively. At times it almost seemed as if she were completely a victim in that plot, although then we'd see more scenes where she was actively complicit.

So the whole secret baby storyline may be more of the same, in showing both sympathetic and unsympathetic sides of her.

vCash
    Whether dead or alive, I don't think we've seen the last of Aiden. We need to know what he said to the FBI that would cause them to go after Nolan. Nolan's arrest is eerily reminiscent to David Clarke's demise. I am looking forward to seeing how Emily will be able to get Nolan out of jail...with Jack's help, of course. Jack has had a bad a season, IMO, and a good way of redeeming any Revenge character is to befriend/assist Nolan.

vCash
    I wonder if D really is dead or did Victoria have something to do with a disappearance?
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Looking for some nostalgia? Go back and read the FSU thread of Season 1 of Revenge. Good times

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...hlight=Revenge

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Jen,I am confused with the Padma thing too. Is she really dead? If she's alive and it was faked, the "police" are involved, since they questioned Nolan for her death. But, cops can be paid off. If she is dead, and she really cared about Nolan, I can't see her betraying him on that level. Even if under force. She had to know they'd kill her anyway. And, since the Initiative really doesn't exist - Who killed her or faked her death?
    As it was mentioned, this second season was a mess, and I didn't enjoy it much.
    I also didn't pay a lot of attention to details.

But I think I got this: Padma was asked to sit down on a chair (in front of a camera, I think) when she was brought to her father, who was locked in the next room. She probably had to read the speech to see her dad, and we all know she was ready for anything for the smallest chance to save him, or even just see him.

As for who killed her, well, the Initiative might not exist, but there's a consortium of wealthy people ready to hire/induce people to commit all sorts of crime to serve their purpouses. It doesn't make much of a difference how they call it, the Initiative does exist.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast