Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    From the Bloc
    vCash
    I agree, breaks are a chronic problem in the tv industry, especially in a world where our attention spans seem to be getting shorter and shorter as more stuff is available to entertain us. Especially for a suspenseful show like Revenge, momentum and that feeling of can't-wait-for-the-next-ep loses steam with each break, especially when it's 3-4 weeks.

I'd really love to know the logic behind this style of scheduling. The producers of Lost - same network - recognized the problem years ago and insisted that each season be broadcast in two long blocks. Survivor runs straight through, not even bothering with mid-season recap shows any more. The only thing I can think of is sweeps weeks - they happen in Nov and May AFAIK, so maybe that's why networks try to stretch the season. But if they lose viewers in the process, what's the point?

vCash
    I actually would prefer the series to be 13 episodes, from a quality point of view. Only in the US do they produce such long runs, and I think the shows do suffer in terms of plots that aren't well thought out.

IMO some of the best shows on tv are shorter, such as Mad Men, Homeland, and almost everything out of Europe (with the exception of Downton Abbey which I don't think I'll ever bother watching again). There's more time, more attention to detail, more consideration.

From an entertainment point of view, it obviously sucks. I love watching long series! I do think there is a quality v quantity argument though, and I don't know of any long running series with 22 eps a season that hasn't dropped the ball or jumped the shark at some point!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    That was a very satisfying hour of television. I love the new "alliance" between Nolan and Victoria. And I am finding Aiden a lot more tolerable now. I think he's best when he's fully on Emily's side and shirtless.

The only downer is Charlotte's storyline. Why are ambiguously gay people always stalking the Grayson children?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    Why are ambiguously gay people always stalking the Grayson children?

I'm glad they've tied up the Falcon storyline without making it someone we know like Marcus. Am loving the new Nolan/Victoria "Alliance", and wonder if Patrick will be happy to see his momma or...not.

Jack's being a total douche, as usual. Only Conrad can pull off douchy with flair...

vCash
    Jack really is rubbish. Can't believe I was so heartbroken when they didn't get together at the end of season one.

I loved this episode, there were so many moments that made me laugh. And I definitely didn't see the Falcon being someone like that!

So now we are so near the end - what do you want to see answered/tied up, or what do you want to see happen?

I want to see:
    1) Nolan get his company back and get it on with Marco and forget all about Padma
    2) The 2nd half of Ashley/Emily's past and how they know each other and why Emily gave her that money...
    3) Emily tell Jack who she really is - I want to see the look on his face!
    4) Emily or Jack get a new puppy. I miss Sammy.
    “What’s on the revengenda this evening?” – Nolan Ross

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post

I want to see:
    1) Nolan get his company back and get it on with Marco and forget all about Padma
    2) The 2nd half of Ashley/Emily's past and how they know each other and why Emily gave her that money...
    3) Emily tell Jack who she really is - I want to see the look on his face!
    4) Emily or Jack get a new puppy. I miss Sammy.
    1) - agree but let's get someone new. Marco screwed Nolan over
    2) - I don't think there is any more to that story? Emily gave Ashley the money because she(Emily) wanted to turn up to the pimp's recruitment in her (Ashley's) place for her mission (which is when she met Aiden). In return, Ashley gave Emily her name when she thanked her. Emily contrived to meet her again, and I assume helped her social climb, because Ashley would then owe her. Emily called her "an easy target". Personally, I'd like Ashley to learn that Emily was the one who gave her the money!
    3) YES!!! He'd be super pissed she lied. Might make him fall off his high horse though...
    4) Yes. Emily needs a puppy. Jack has a baby, that's enough

vCash
    I hope Jack would feel stupid for not even recognising that Fauxmanda looked completely different from his childhood love.

vCash
    I agree *Jen*, Jack is on the HIGHEST horse ever, and I really want someone to knock him down a peg or ten. He's just so lame as one of the "schemers" on this show. Even worse than Daniel. Just. Stop. Now.

Nolan is awesome as usual, but I can't really get on board with the whole Padma grief. It makes sense that he would feel gulity, and of course it's a tragedy that she's an innocent person that lost her life in this mess. But I just don't buy that Padma was Nolan's ONE TWU LUV!

I go back and forth with Aiden, but he's definitely back to being more likable right now...can't wait to see how this season ends!

vCash
    Just general comments here - am I the only one confused as to who is on who's side? I forget what happened from one week to the next, much less with 3-4 weeks in between.

Jack is dumber than a box of rocks. Emily and Daniel are together, then they are apart, then they are miraculously back together. Jack hates Conrad, then works for him, then hates him again. You're on the same side, you doofus.

And - Oh, I just happened to keep the medical record of a secret shameful thing I did 40 years ago in a file folder right here in this house all this time. Let me go get it for you. Duh?

I love Nolan. I want him to have a good, happy life. Maybe get away from the Hamptons forever??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan1 View Post
    Just general comments here - am I the only one confused as to who is on who's side? I forget what happened from one week to the next, much less with 3-4 weeks in between.

Jack is dumber than a box of rocks. Emily and Daniel are together, then they are apart, then they are miraculously back together. Jack hates Conrad, then works for him, then hates him again. You're on the same side, you doofus.

And - Oh, I just happened to keep the medical record of a secret shameful thing I did 40 years ago in a file folder right here in this house all this time. Let me go get it for you. Duh?

I love Nolan. I want him to have a good, happy life. Maybe get away from the Hamptons forever??
    The long breaks between eps surely don't help, but I think you're a bit confused about the plot. Understandably

Jack is NOT on Conrad's side, nor working for him. He is using him. He pretends to be on his side while he gets enough evidence to destroy him for what he did to Amanda. Keep your friends close and enemies closer, and all that. But ITA, he's dumb

Victoria has the medical records there because she just recently forged them for the specific purpose of showing Conrad, so that's why they're there.

Emily and Daniel...are harder to explain. Let me see:

Daniel was dating Ashley
    Emily hooked up with Aiden
    Emily broke Daniel and Ashley up as part of a plot to make sure Daniel became the head of Grayson Global.
    Victoria asked for Emily's help for something and part of it meant Emily staged a breakup with Aiden and flirted with Daniel and went to LA with him.
    Emily came clean to Daniel and he said he knew his mother was behind it anyway.
    Daniel decided he was still into Emily and pursued her.
    Emily has gone along with it because it pisses off Victoria and it's revenge-y
    Daniel wants Emily to marry him, Aiden says to do it, it's all part of a plan to destroy the Graysons.

Because all of that makes so much sense!

vCash
    ^^ . It's not supposed to make sense. It's just supposed to be fabulous! If it did make sense, it would be boring . Love this show!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    The long breaks between eps surely don't help, but I think you're a bit confused about the plot. Understandably

Jack is NOT on Conrad's side, nor working for him. He is using him. He pretends to be on his side while he gets enough evidence to destroy him for what he did to Amanda. Keep your friends close and enemies closer, and all that. But ITA, he's dumbBecause all of that makes so much sense!

Yeah, I meant Jack and Emily are on the same side and he's too stupid to figure that out! However, whose side is Ashley on now?

I know Victoria just had the documents forged. I meant (again) Conrad thought she kept them around all this time and just produced them out of thin air for him? Rocks meet box!

They are all like double agents, telling each side what they want to hear, and I don't know who to believe from one minute to the next.

I'm sorry to have such confusing comments, that's just how they come out of my brain through my fingers. If I wrote down every detail of every thought, I'd run out of message space. :-)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan1 View Post
    Yeah, I meant Jack and Emily are on the same side and he's too stupid to figure that out! However, whose side is Ashley on now?
    Ashley might be on her own side, I think. She used Jack's photo to get herself hired back by Conrad but I think this is for her own purposes, rather than anything to do with Jack...

vCash
    Ashley might be on her own side, I think. She used Jack's photo to get herself hired back by Conrad but I think this is for her own purposes, rather than anything to do with Jack...
    Yes, I think so too. she has no allegiance to anyone but Ashley.

vCash
    Plus, I don't think Ashley is that cunning. She's really drawn to Conrad and lacks the self-discipline to control her need to be on his team / with him / part of his life.

But can ya blame the girl? I mean, who isn't drawn to Conrad

I loved the line, "I've really got to watch more TV."
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    I loved the line, "I've really got to watch more TV."
    My immediate thought was that I expect to see that clip in some ABC promo someday.

vCash
    I'm back to not caring for Aiden. Oh, how I wish Takeda won. Yeah, yeah, Emily's obsession is unhealthy but that is the point of the show. Emily's little comments directed at Victoria were glorious.

And Jack is still so stupid. Why did he show that tape recorder to Victoria? For goodness sake.

Charlotte is pregnant? I so do not want to watch an entire season of The Secret Life of the American Teenager.

I still liked a lot of the episode. Edith/Falcon is lots of fun. Ashley was fun too. And I loved Emily's black dress.

vCash
    It's getting very interesting. I believe this is the end of the Initiative storyline, but I'm wondering what exactly they're going to do. There is a black out because...???

And how convenient that Daniel got his money out right before Aiden drained the account! Also...how epically stupid to drain it with your own password. I mean...REALLY? They'll know it was him, and they might know that Nolan was involved too.

Spoiler

vCash
    That sword fight was cringeworthy.

I really thought Aiden was gone then, which would have been ok because Ems would still have a love triangle in Daniel and Jack! But I am glad Takeda is gone because the new Takeda is annoying, and because he screwed things up by getting Aiden fired.

Regarding Jen's spoiler above:

Spoiler

The finale is called 'Truth' so will it all come out?! I think probably not if they are still planning a 3rd season!

vCash
    It's getting very interesting. I believe this is the end of the Initiative storyline, but I'm wondering what exactly they're going to do. There is a black out because...???
    I think Edith rigged the password, that Nolan figured out, to create the blackout. Not sure what the purpose is, but I'm sure we'll find out next week.

Not sure about Aiden. His father placing the bomb has not come up before, has it? Obviously, Aiden has more invested in this revenge than we knew. Wonder what Takeda's real motivation/goal was.
    Last edited by cruisin; 05-06-2013 at 03:02 PM.

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast