Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    REVENGE IS BACK.

*goes back to watching*
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Um...did anyone else get the vibe that Emily was thinking about hurting or killing one of Victoria's children to make her pay? Daniel had better watch out. I don't think Em would harm her own sister!

I still can't believe that she threw the laptop into the sea. I get that she wanted a type of justice not provided by the legal system, but...really? That laptop could clear her father's name as well as destroy the Graysons. I don't think getting rid of it was the best idea.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    Um...did anyone else get the vibe that Emily was thinking about hurting or killing one of Victoria's children to make her pay? Daniel had better watch out. I don't think Em would harm her own sister!

I still can't believe that she threw the laptop into the sea. I get that she wanted a type of justice not provided by the legal system, but...really? That laptop could clear her father's name as well as destroy the Graysons. I don't think getting rid of it was the best idea.
    Agree about the laptop, not a good idea to get rid of a back up plan. Or, after she exacted her own revenge, she could have cleared her father's name.

As far as hurting one of Victoria's kids, I don't think she'd hurt Charlotte or Daniel. I think what she wants is to take them away from her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    As far as hurting one of Victoria's kids, I don't think she'd hurt Charlotte or Daniel. I think what she wants is to take them away from her.
    That would be far more in character and make much more sense

Meanwhile, love that Emily has the arson trait still (she burned down Mason Treadwell's house). Much better than Amanda's trait of hitting people over the head and killing them!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash

Ems best buddy is Nolan.....there's no doubt in my mind that he has a backup of that entire computer's contents hidden safely away somewhere for her if she needs it at some point. I had a brief panic moment too when she threw that computer into the water!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    I like that she threw the computer in the water. I like that the writers occasionally have her do something stupid and human. She was emotional, she was protecting Jack, she was genuinely upset about Amanda.

Plus, now that everyone knows about it, it's a liability.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

From the Bloc
    vCash
    So it wasn't the laptop on the boat after all - I thought it looked like a different laptop than Emily's NASA-grade CIA model

My first thought is what are you doing out there with the laptop and Aiden in plain view of Victoria's balcony? But I do like this emotionally stripped down Emily. She was going too Hamptons there for awhile, and now she's refocusing and ready to do it old school, without all the high tech and big money she's been relying on of late. Agree with you HeatherC that Nolan will not leave her hanging like that - he's got the goods.

Which brings me to Nolan handing over that code. He looked so anguished about it - was that another test for Padma? I think Nolan believes that her father is necessary collateral damage given the power of the program. My bet is he wrote a bunch of code to keep the baddies busy, but that it won't work in the end.

re new Initiative guy - SUPER creepy - but what was the point of killing of Helen just to replace her with someone else? I thought Helen was a lot more interesting.

Can't wait to see how Emily deals with Elias. Clearly he needs to be dealt with, but so soon after the loss of Amanda I don't see her harming one of the kids she grew up with. Unless they write in that he was always trouble, and maybe mistreated her - or they go the other way, and he joins in her fight.

vvv annoying that Charlotte was able to find that picture in apparently one Google click - one would think that's the kind of stuff that Emily would have carefully removed from circulation in the years she spent setting up her new identity.

As for Gullible Jack - OK he's - finally - figured out that Conrad isn't a nice guy, but that's just based on his gosh shucks values I think, and that Amanda and Emily were up to something, but still doesn't see that the love of his life is standing right in front of him.

And how sad was that, listening to Emily essentially deliver her own eulogy, with almost no one there? I was reminded of Lost - live alone, die alone. And why doesn't Jack have any friends - weren't there a ton of people at the christening?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    So it wasn't the laptop on the boat after all - I thought it looked like a different laptop than Emily's NASA-grade CIA model
    No, that was Declan's laptop. Nolan hacked it so he and Emily could watch the action. Jack told Nate that it was THE laptop, because Nate had no idea what THE laptop looked like.

I can't see how Charlotte will ever forgive Emily for letting her believe Amanda was her sister, just personally. I don't know that Jack will, either. I'm assuming that before the series ends, eventually everyone will have to find out about the real Amanda!

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Maybe Charlotte if Emily explains that she was trying to clear their father's name and could only do so incognito, and that Amanda was never supposed to be part of it, and once she showed up, there was nothing Emily could do but keep going. Emily's been quite nice to Charlotte too, so in her desperation to have a loving family, she might welcome the idea that Emily is actually her sister. It's poor little Carl who's out in the cold once it all comes out, because he's Jack's son but has no relation to the Graysons or the Clarkes.

I don't see Jack forgiving Emily either though, and will barf if that's how this all ends, with them sailing off into the sunset on a boat called Emily. In some ways, I think Emily needs to end up alone.

vCash
    I don't see Jack forgiving Emily either though, and will barf if that's how this all ends, with them sailing off into the sunset on a boat called Emily. In some ways, I think Emily needs to end up alone.
    I agree - although I wonder if the writers will go there, since Emily clearly thinks she will end up alone...will she?

I think she should. I think she took this path knowing that she'd never have a happy end, and it'd be a total cop out for her to end up with Jack, who she has no chemistry with anyway.

vCash
    She could wind up with Daniel. I could see him forgiving her and possibly helping her. That would be the ultimate revenge against Victoria and Conrad.

vCash
    Daniel took part in the death of Amanda, though (not to mention continuing to hide the truth of the plane crash). Could Emily forgive him for that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    Daniel took part in the death of Amanda, though (not to mention continuing to hide the truth of the plane crash). Could Emily forgive him for that?
    But not knowingly. Or did I miss something?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    But not knowingly. Or did I miss something?
    He knows. That's why he's having a crisis of conscience and wants Nolan to destroy Carrion. I don't think he knows that Amanda's death was a direct result of Conrad's deal with Nate Ryan - he thinks it's because Victoria and Conrad told the Initiative that Amanda had stolen the laptop. He said he had reached his limit for blood on his hands...

I think Daniel could still redeem himself, but he's still changing a lot as a character so who knows what they have in store for him.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Agree that Daniel is the most inconsistent character - they don't seem to know what to do with him.

vCash
    Agree that Daniel is the most inconsistent character - they don't seem to know what to do with him.
    Unrelated, but Jenny I love that you seem to love all the same shows as me

vCash
    He knows. That's why he's having a crisis of conscience and wants Nolan to destroy Carrion. I don't think he knows that Amanda's death was a direct result of Conrad's deal with Nate Ryan - he thinks it's because Victoria and Conrad told the Initiative that Amanda had stolen the laptop. He said he had reached his limit for blood on his hands...

I think Daniel could still redeem himself, but he's still changing a lot as a character so who knows what they have in store for him.
    Yes, he knows. But, I don't think he knew the "plan" before it happened. I think he figured out that his parents set Amanda up, but afterward.

I think Daniel could turn out to be a really good character, if they let him evolve. In some ways he is a lot like Emily. He can be very aggressive, but seems to have a conscience.

vCash
    I think Daniel is a well-INTENTIONED character whose moral compass is damaged by the fact that he has Victoria and Conrad for parents. He seems to want to do the right thing, but he has no idea what that is, and that is the essence of this show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    I think Daniel is a well-INTENTIONED character whose moral compass is damaged by the fact that he has Victoria and Conrad for parents. He seems to want to do the right thing, but he has no idea what that is, and that is the essence of this show.
    Agree.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Best episode this season.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast