Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    In the season opener I believe they said something about meeting in the context of some charity, I think for a museum or gallery. I got the impression that Ashley was in her party planner mode at that point, so definitely after this encounter. Plus I also got the impression that Emily had not yet solidified her identity as socialite lady-of-leisure at the point of this flashback episode.
    I wasn't sure how far back that went. Most of the pre- lady of leisure flashbacks have Emily with dark hair. Last night's she was blonde.

vCash
    In the series premier (or the second episode), it had been established that Emily and Ashley met during some Art gallery function or society (the same one where Lydia's husband and his mistress were members). So, Emily merely pushed Ashley to that sphere at the night club.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I wasn't sure how far back that went. Most of the pre- lady of leisure flashbacks have Emily with dark hair. Last night's she was blonde.
    I think the hair is supposed to symbolise her commitment to her mission. Her hair was dark while she believed her father was guilty, and then while she did the first groundwork on the Graysons and realised they're just as bad and decided to commit to revenge, she went blonde again.

It also helps to show the lapse of time - the colour, length and style vary.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    I think the hair is supposed to symbolise her commitment to her mission. Her hair was dark while she believed her father was guilty, and then while she did the first groundwork on the Graysons and realised they're just as bad and decided to commit to revenge, she went blonde again.

It also helps to show the lapse of time - the colour, length and style vary.
    I don't think the hair colour is "symbolic" in any way, except when it was dark it was when she was in her dark & moody teen stage. The changing colour & style does help to indicate time though.

She had dark hair in that picture that Lydia had, didn't she? The one that nearly got her busted? I think that was circa 2004 or thereabouts.

Odd that she'd pick blonde for Emily, though, when Amanda as a child was blonde. You'd think she'd go for something more different.

BTW, no one else has commented on the fact that we got to see The World's Oldest Dog again in the flashback episode! And seeing the backstory to this new business at the Stowaway ... well, I still don't give a crap, but at least it does explain what's going on there. Plus the parallels are interesting -- both Jack and Emanda are paying for their father being wrongly accused (tho obviously in different ways and to different degrees).

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Victoria and Conrad are every bit as devious as Emanda. I loved the elaborate sting they did with her mother. They are my favorite characters on the program.

Now, what is Nolan's old bf going to do with Dannyboy? Poor Nolan. He gets screwed no matter what's happening.

I don't trust Aiden.

I don't think anybody on the show is trustworthy except Amanda to Jack and Nolan and Nolan to Amanda. And Jack. Everybody else is
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    what was nolan's old bf's name? my first thought was how much he looks like that girl that he is sort of seeing now
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    LOL, apparently Nolan loves his CFO, regardless of gender.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    what was nolan's old bf's name? my first thought was how much he looks like that girl that he is sort of seeing now
    They do, don't they. The plot thickens.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    (((((Nolan)))))
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    I don't think the hair colour is "symbolic" in any way, except when it was dark it was when she was in her dark & moody teen stage.
    I think you've just agreed with my point there - dark hair symbolised the dark, moody Amanda. She went blonde when she started her revenge.

I do wonder where they're going with Aiden, though. Is he a permanent character? We know he couldn't save his sister, but is he going to help Emanda?

Also...going from the preview next week, I think Nolan might be in luck...

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I also thought that there was a connection between the two CFOs that might explain her knowledge and interest in David Clarke's investment, but later in the ep they said his name, and it doesn't fit. Padma Lahari appears to be South Asian, while Marco's last name is Martinez or something similarly Spanish sounding. Then at the end we see why he was introduced - when Daniel called him.

And the Boring Brothers are still boring 6 years ago. I wonder how the reaction has been to that SL in the wider fandom - hopefully they will wrap that SL up soon so we can free up valuable airtime for the other characters and SLs.

ETA - according to the cast list for the next ep on IMDB, it's Marco Romero.
    Last edited by Jenny; 11-27-2012 at 02:13 PM.

vCash
    Padma, I thought was of Indian descent. Marco could be from a predictable Hispanic country or possibly from the Philippines.

Let It Snow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    I had the same thought.

I'm puzzled here: are "Emanda" and "Amanda" the same character, or are the spellings different on purpouse, and in that case who's who?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by loulou View Post
    I had the same thought.

I'm puzzled here: are "Emanda" and "Amanda" the same character, or are the spellings different on purpouse, and in that case who's who?
    'Emanda' is Emily, who is really Amanda. 'Fauxmanda' is 'Amanda', who is really Emily. Emanda/Emily is also referred to as Amily Confused?

vCash
    I wish we would just refer to them a Emily and Amanda, as they call themselves. It's easier to keep track of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    I wish we would just refer to them a Emily and Amanda, as they call themselves. It's easier to keep track of.
    Where's the fun in that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    I find that confusing because it is not always that clearcut. What do we call the little girl who grew to become now Emily. She was Amanda then.when someone says emanda I know exactly who it is.

vCash
    I like Fauxmanda for the real Emily (curly haired nut job).

But for the real Amanda Clarke (blond)....I can't decide if Emanda or Amily is better.

It's a huge dilemma
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

Let It Snow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    'Emanda' is Emily, who is really Amanda. 'Fauxmanda' is 'Amanda', who is really Emily. Emanda/Emily is also referred to as Amily Confused?
    You people are so clever .
    (Thanks).

vCash
    I enjoyed the episode but I felt it a bit lacking in a twist, esp. given this was the last episode of the calendar year. Either the writers should've had Victoria tell Emily why they should team up or had Nolan tell Padma what he plans to do.

Is this it for Ashley? To be frank, the writers treat this character like garbage in a manner that has always made me uncomfortable. I suspect she'll be used by Aiden--he splits up with Emily (as per Daniel's orders) and then starts a relationship with Ashley.

vCash
    I liked that it liked a twist--I feel like a lot of shows go horribly wrong when they feel the need to top the previous show every time. Especially in a show like Revenge, you need some breathing room, and if you're going on hiatus for a while, this is a good way to do it. I also thought it was perfectly titled.

As for Ashley, I think the writers have been fairly consistent with her character. She might want to do the right thing, but she consistently does the easy thing instead which gets her into trouble. She always backs the wrong horse because her ambition exceeds her intelligence.

I'm starting to like Fauxmanda a lot--in contrast to many of the other characters, she seems to have learned something and is willing to just let the past be the past. The small conversations between her and Emanda have been very well done this season in revealing a lot about both characters' states of mind. Daniel is growing on me, like a particularly virulent fungus or genital rash. He was the perfect choice for the "path is not clear" part. I also like that they're showing Emanda somewhat wavering--she wants a family, she's concerned with happiness, etc.

I'd like for at the end of this show for Nolan at least to sail happily away with a bevy of beautiful accounting-minded boys and girls to some secluded island where they can have wild orgies and do math all day.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast