Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Awesome episode!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Loved it!
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

Uncle Dick's Beyotch!
    vCash
    At least Jack has something interesting to do. But in the context of the narrative, I want to say to him, "Lie down before you hurt yourself!" He hasn't had the benefit of Revenge boot camp training, so he's definitely out of his element.

I read somewhere that the Initiative aspect of the story is going to be reduced (which I consider a good thing). But they introduced the "Falcon" which I thought at first was merely another shadowy Initiativesque plot point. But in retrospect I think it's got potential. Love that Victoria and Conrad are together - at least as far as their scheming goes.

Previews look interesting! (Mason Treadwell!)

Best Nolan line: "So this is where Aiden-sen waxes on"
    Last edited by Bostonfan; 03-18-2013 at 10:10 PM.

vCash
    I can't wait a whole week! (I say this every week).

I am glad Padma wasn't in this episode. Even before the whole initiative thing I felt she dragged Nolan down. I want to see him getting back with his ex Marco.

When Jack does finally find out I hope he finds out Emily was going to tell him when they got together (Sammy night) but didn't because he chose Amanda over her! Part of me is still dying for him to find out but I guess that would essentially end the show. I get the feeling Jack isn't going to be very good at getting revenge, the others will probably have to rescue him a few times

What does everyone think of Aiden? I wasn't sure about him at first and I still feel he gets in the way of the Emily and Nolan partnership, but they are starting to seem like a little team now so it's not so bad...
    “What’s on the revengenda this evening?” – Nolan Ross

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    I am glad Padma wasn't in this episode. Even before the whole initiative thing I felt she dragged Nolan down. I want to see him getting back with his ex Marco.
    Me too!!!

When Jack does finally find out I hope he finds out Emily was going to tell him when they got together (Sammy night) but didn't because he chose Amanda over her! Part of me is still dying for him to find out but I guess that would essentially end the show. I get the feeling Jack isn't going to be very good at getting revenge, the others will probably have to rescue him a few times
    I'm not sure if it's the actor, the writing or both, but Jack is the one weak spot of the show for me. He just comes off as so one note. If he finds out about Emily/Amanda, I'm sure his reaction would be some form of self righteous indignation.

vCash
    Maybe I'm just a mean old lady, but I found myself giggling during Jack's grieving scenes.

I feel like the writers don't quite know what to do with Aiden. Sometimes he's a reckless loose cannon who is only out for himself, then he's back on the team 100%. It's strange.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Maybe I'm just a mean old lady, but I found myself giggling during Jack's grieving scenes.

I feel like the writers don't quite know what to do with Aiden. Sometimes he's a reckless loose cannon who is only out for himself, then he's back on the team 100%. It's strange.
    Me too. I was during his scenes with Nolan at the party. Such bad acting.

I feel the same about Aiden. I much prefer team player Aiden to reckless loose cannon Aiden. The latter has me most of the time, while team player Aiden actually fits in pretty well with Emily and Nolan's revenge team.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    Previews look interesting! (Mason Treadwell!)

Best Nolan line: "So this is where Aiden-sen waxes on"
    Actually I think it was "waxes off," which is even more

Nolan and Conrad get the best lines - I also thought "faux bro" was funny, again giving Nolan the voice of the audience. Lost did that with Hurley to an extent, and it was fun.

And yeah, Mason!!

I get the feeling Jack isn't going to be very good at getting revenge, the others will probably have to rescue him a few times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley0884 View Post
    I'm not sure if it's the actor, the writing or both, but Jack is the one weak spot of the show for me. He just comes off as so one note. If he finds out about Emily/Amanda, I'm sure his reaction would be some form of self righteous indignation.
    The Gullible Brothers have been snoozeville since day one, but now I'm seeing some hope. If he is now joining the revenge game - and miffy is so right he will definitely need backup/rescuing, and no doubt won't even know it most of the time - then he could finally become interesting.

Maybe that's part of what made his SL so dull all this time - he was the only major character not involved in some sort of revenge, or at least have a vendetta, despite his family history. And I actually kinda like the creepy look he gets in his eyes when he's trying to lie.

We know Victoria's and Emily's "I hate your guts and I'm lying to your face" looks so well, but in the end, it might be dull, boring, stupid Jack who has the most success as a liar since no one will see it coming.

But I bet I'm hoping for too much here - every story like this needs a good guy, so I expect they are going to keep him that way.

On to others -

Nolan - LOVE his style!! His clothes and the way he wears them are perfect for his character. And while they had him back in standard tech nerd garb for the flashback, the part that was fun for me was how the character transformed into an earlier version of what we see now - Nolan 1.0!

Eli - this is a good addition too - I miss the Talented Mr Hamptons, and am happy to have another con artist in the cast. I guess Victoria was employing the classic keep'm close strategy, but at the same time having him that close to what's really going on seems like a dumb move. I thought she might have made Charlotte co-chair.

Conrad - totally LOVE him! And he and Victoria together has got to be one of the all time great tv duos - I look forward to their breakfasts, and loved the counting money scene - great writing, perfectly acted.

Aiden - well his big appeal now for me - other than being Emily's chance to get her wax off - is his house! Love that house - hope we see more of it.

Falcon - I hope this turns out to be interesting, rather than another new character destined for a 5 ep story arc. And I'm just not seeing Conrad and Victoria having a sekret hacker on their team all these years - not their style, and think of all the times that person could have helped them, esp since Emily showed up. But we shall see.

vCash
    Just caught yesterday's episode. It's getting so good!

Other than not liking Nolan being upset I can't say I'm too bothered about Padma.

I feel bad for Eli. He did a really good thing at the Stowaway... I feel a bit bad for Kenny Ryan too - I don't think he's all bad. But they both leave with nothing...

vCash
    I hope they bring Eli back, I like his character. Surprised he went nuclear so soon.

Loved the "you should look for a new line of work" line from Nolan.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Definitely another one of Revenge's leaps of faith, because as I said above, there's no way that Victoria would put someone she doesn't know in such a position in one of her charities - especially when it's the one where she's hiding all her money. Not to mention that this is the second time the season when someone has upstaged one of her events - remember the politician's wife? Victoria is too much a control freak to repeat that mistake.

I do hope they bring back Eli though - I guess he was hired for two eps, but hopefully feedback is good and they bring him back, as I think there's a lot of potential for an interesting character there. Plus he's kinda cute As for Emily being mad at him over the fire, I thought that was misplaced, since she actually did set one, and as we were reminded, it continues to be one of her MOs.

Love seeing Mason back - "what will you do with this delicious new morsel?"

And who is the mystery child? Please please please don't be Nolan or Jack. Please be someone new, perhaps this Falcon, which would nicely explain how Victoria and Conrad, albeit very devious, would hook up with a hacker long before hackers were fashionable (if they used him back at the time of the plane crash as Nolan says, it's entirely feasible, but not something most people would have thought of in the early 90s).

As for Jack, can we wrap this damn thing up already? I don't need any Ryans back, I don't need new clues, and I don't need more air time for him (although his devious look is rather creepy and it would be superfun if he went to the dark side for awhile). Has the stupid boat and body even been found yet? Because the first episode of the season indicates that it is found, and now I can't remember. Actually I don't care.

Also don't care about Padma. I just don't buy stories where men fall in love with someone they barely know and then proceed to risk their own life and everyone else's for them. It's not like Emily who he's known for many, many years and has deep ties to, or even Marco, who he apparently had an actual relationship with. Plus, aside from the fact that she wore the same dress in a different colour this week who on earth wears a short skirt and high heels to a meeting with terrorists? The whole thing was just off for me.

But me loves Emily, and am even starting to enjoy Ashley and her lippy ways with Conrad. Love love love Conrad and Victoria working together, and look forward to their little breakfast scenes each week! ooo and Victoria's box of gold bullets - a much classier device than Emily's red marker!

vCash
    I wish they had gotten a better actor for Jack. Some of his facial expressions are just too OTT. "LOOK AT ME I'M LYING!!!"

Can't say that I'll miss Padma either...but I saw her abduction coming from a mile away. Why couldn't she just go off to the island and stay off my screen for good? I really hope the writers aren't going all one twu wuv with Nolan/Padma....blech.

vCash
    I'm still on the fence with Padma. Still don't trust her. Still wondering if she is in cahoots and this was a con.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I'm still on the fence with Padma. Still don't trust her. Still wondering if she is in cahoots and this was a con.
    I almost hope so, because otherwise the story is just too lame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    who on earth wears a short skirt and high heels to a meeting with terrorists?
    LOL!!!

But wait ... the bullets Daniel received came from Victoria?

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post

But wait ... the bullets Daniel received came from Victoria?
    Very last scene - Victoria is closing ladylike box of what appears to be dozens of gold bullets in her infamous jewelry box. My guess is she's trying to keep Daniel feeling scared so he won't go off on his own, and keep Emily in check at the same time. I thought it was rather clever in the same episode as we saw Emily using her trusty red marker perhaps for the first time as a child.

vCash
    Very last scene - Victoria is closing ladylike box of what appears to be dozens of gold bullets in her infamous jewelry box. My guess is she's trying to keep Daniel feeling scared so he won't go off on his own, and keep Emily in check at the same time. I thought it was rather clever in the same episode as we saw Emily using her trusty red marker perhaps for the first time as a child.
    Good catch! I missed that. I did wonder why the hell there was a scene of her looking in her jewellery box, but I guess that's what I get for watching it on a tiny screen!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    That scene was disturbing. Victoria had a rather smug look on her face. Rather than a worried one.

vCash
    Just caught up. Lots of little things made me laugh - like Daniel giving the bullets back

Not sure I like Jack teaming up with Ashley I am not keen on her. Although I'd still like to know the rest of her history after Emily anonymously helped her in that nightclub - it surely can't be co-incidence that she ended up in that town?

I've never liked Padma, but I would like to give Nolan a big hug. And then hook him up with his ex boyfriend again.

ETA: I can't believe there are no more episodes for a month?! Why?

vCash
    Just caught up. Lots of little things made me laugh - like Daniel giving the bullets back
    That was awesome!

Not sure I like Jack teaming up with Ashley I am not keen on her. Although I'd still like to know the rest of her history after Emily anonymously helped her in that nightclub - it surely can't be co-incidence that she ended up in that town?
    Don't trust Ashley at all. Jack is a fool.

I've never liked Padma, but I would like to give Nolan a big hug. And then hook him up with his ex boyfriend again.
    I didn't like her either, but I feel bad now. Like I judged her unfairly (as if she's a real person ). Didn't expect her to be dead.

What was the deal with Victoria fainting? A little melodramatic, even for Revenge.

ETA: I can't believe there are no more episodes for a month?! Why?
    WHAT! NO!

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast