Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    vCash
    At least we don't have to wait until March for new episodes.

The best thing about this show is Emily and Victoria. Especially interacting together. We've been denied that for much of this season, so I'm looking forward to them FINALLY coming together for whatever purpose will further their respective agendas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post

The best thing about this show is Emily and Victoria. Especially interacting together. We've been denied that for much of this season, so I'm looking forward to them FINALLY coming together for whatever purpose will further their respective agendas.
    I am looking forward to that, as I think they have a great dynamic.

This episode seemed much better with the pacing and whatnot. I wasn't fully satisfied, but I was reminded of what I like about the show. Did I miss something with Ashley?

1. Victoria gets the video of Ashley and Conrad.
    2. Victoria confronts Ashley.
    3. Ashley shows up at the board member's hotel room.
    4. Ashley gets caught by Daniel after Aiden tips him off.

I know that she (Ashley) had wanted the board member to vote in favor of Daniel. But why would she show up to boink another guy when she just got caught boinking her boyfriend's dad? That just seemed a bit off for me. So I thought maybe I missed something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtisticFan View Post
    I am looking forward to that, as I think they have a great dynamic.

This episode seemed much better with the pacing and whatnot. I wasn't fully satisfied, but I was reminded of what I like about the show. Did I miss something with Ashley?

1. Victoria gets the video of Ashley and Conrad.
    2. Victoria confronts Ashley.
    3. Ashley shows up at the board member's hotel room.
    4. Ashley gets caught by Daniel after Aiden tips him off.

I know that she (Ashley) had wanted the board member to vote in favor of Daniel. But why would she show up to boink another guy when she just got caught boinking her boyfriend's dad? That just seemed a bit off for me. So I thought maybe I missed something.
    Victoria blackmailed her into doing it. Marco is quite the weasel! Wondering what Nolan has up his sleeve. Padma, just might be okay. Jack and Deklan story line is getting weaker. Still don't trust Aiden.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Bah, the Gullible Brothers. And the story is unnecessarily complicated now - the lame device of the phone book, using Emily's old red marker no less - and since they didn't kill the guy, was it supposed to be a warning? Then why is the name crossed out, like he's dead? And why leave him alive, when he can now point the finger directly at them?

I don't even care to know the answers, and only stop myself from FFing in case there's some tidbit that matters to the rest of the story. And here's something - remember how last season we all spent time speculating on who the body on the beach was, and who the killer was? Note that since this season's opener, there's been almost zero discussion on the identity of the body on the boat. Why? Because it's on the boat, and I think we're all hoping it's Jack, because finally there would be some relevance to Emily's story. Either that or it's one of the Ryan brothers, which will be an epically anti-climax.

For the rest - I'd love some clarity on Nolan's story. It's really feeling piecemeal to me. Emily's and Victoria's stories have been thought through - motivations, reactions, where it's all going. So far, Nolan's story just seems like something they threw together because he was last season's breakout character. We still don't know Padma's motivations or how she knew about David Clarke, and apparently Nolan doesn't care. At least he seems to have a plan, but after the massive error of revealing where the money went to Marco - who he thought was super loyal - he's making the same error in letting Padma get too close when he knows she is NOT trustworthy. Sigh.

I do like that someone has identified the gap in that Amanda has no money, yet was given half a billion dollars six years ago. You'd think Nolan would alert Emily on that one right away as it's a major threat to her identity and her plans.

re Ashley - I do like that we got a bit of backstory on her this season that helped set up her actions now. Agree totally with Matreyshka's assessment.

re Daniel - I'm guessing that his wimpy character last season was criticized enough that they've given him a complete makeover this season. I'd be enjoying it, if I didn't still think of him as the guy from last season.

re Conrad - emerging this season as the best written character, performed by a great actor. Love him and Victoria's love/hate relationship, and hope they keep them working together as they are way more fun together than apart.

Still love Victoria and Emily - and hope as do others that they come to some sort of alliance, as it's been clear from the beginning that they are more alike than either realizes. At least half of every show should be devoted to just them - start by ditching the stupid brothers vs brothers story please.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Victoria blackmailed her into doing it.
    I missed that with my DVR/Cable issues. Thank you. I just couldn't put it together in my mind what was to be gained there. I'm guessing that Victoria meant for her to seduce him/sleep with him to secure his vote for Conrad. However, the tables were turned when Daniel caught them in their fluffy white robes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtisticFan View Post
    I missed that with my DVR/Cable issues. Thank you. I just couldn't put it together in my mind what was to be gained there. I'm guessing that Victoria meant for her to seduce him/sleep with him to secure his vote for Conrad. However, the tables were turned when Daniel caught them in their fluffy white robes.
    Emily and Aiden found (via their spy cameras) out that Victoria was going to use Ashley's tryst with Conrad to force her to seduce the board member (thereby securing Conrad the vote). They concocted the scheme to get Daniel there to find her with the board member.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    Is this it for Ashley? To be frank, the writers treat this character like garbage in a manner that has always made me uncomfortable. I suspect she'll be used by Aiden--he splits up with Emily (as per Daniel's orders) and then starts a relationship with Ashley.
    I get why Daniel wouldn't want Aiden to be with Emily - he didn't delete her photo - but what power does he have to order him away? He's kicked him off the board, and Aiden works for Takeda, not Daniel?

I don't like Aiden with Emily. I don't buy the chemistry. I do REALLY look forward to see what Nolan has up his sleeve!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    I don't trust Aiden either. He ruined his own chance at revenge when he shot the russian mobster in the flashback episode, and now he's screwed over Nolan and gotten played by idiot boy Grayson. Not impressive!
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    I'm starting to like Fauxmanda a lot--in contrast to many of the other characters, she seems to have learned something and is willing to just let the past be the past. The small conversations between her and Emanda have been very well done this season in revealing a lot about both characters' states of mind
    I found myself wondering when Fauxmanda became the voice of reason. She's really a lot less annoying than she was last season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    I'd like for at the end of this show for Nolan at least to sail happily away with a bevy of beautiful accounting-minded boys and girls to some secluded island where they can have wild orgies and do math all day.
    Hear hear!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I don't even care to know the answers, and only stop myself from FFing in case there's some tidbit that matters to the rest of the story. And here's something - remember how last season we all spent time speculating on who the body on the beach was, and who the killer was? Note that since this season's opener, there's been almost zero discussion on the identity of the body on the boat. Why? Because it's on the boat, and I think we're all hoping it's Jack, because finally there would be some relevance to Emily's story. Either that or it's one of the Ryan brothers, which will be an epically anti-climax.
    I'd totally forgotten about it. I'm guessing it's one of the Ryan brothers, but I can't quite bring myself to care, even if it's one of the Brothers Clueless.

re Daniel - I'm guessing that his wimpy character last season was criticized enough that they've given him a complete makeover this season. I'd be enjoying it, if I didn't still think of him as the guy from last season.
    Yeah, he seems like a completely different person to me.

vCash
    For the rest - I'd love some clarity on Nolan's story. It's really feeling piecemeal to me. Emily's and Victoria's stories have been thought through - motivations, reactions, where it's all going.
    I'm not sure I understand Victoria at all. Both in the past with David and Kara, and in the present, I never know what she's doing because she wants to and what she's doing against her best instinct because she's afraid of what the Initiative, or Conrad, might do if she doesn't obey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilynn View Post
    I found myself wondering when Fauxmanda became the voice of reason. She's really a lot less annoying than she was last season.
    The magic powers of maternity?

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    The magic powers of maternity?
    Only in Revenge-land does maternity cure sociopathic tendencies?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilynn View Post
    Only in Revenge-land does maternity cure sociopathic tendencies?
    And even then, she tried to bump off Mason!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    And even then, she tried to bump off Mason!
    Yes, but that's just a mother's instinct to protect her child See, a baby changes everything.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I think I am 2 or 3 episodes behind. Ugh, I hate getting behind. Sometimes this happens and I never watch the show again.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I am glad to see that Emily is still crossing people's faces off photographs. That was an effective storyline. I would like to see the judge's wife again.

At least there is forward motion on the Porters' storyline. But the writers need to somehow tie this storyline with the larger mythology and I don't think they will able to do so.

The same has to be saidf re: Aiden's sister. I don't really much care for her unless she will be somehow tied with the rest of the cast.

Ashley will be back! I have a soft spot for those sad sacked characters and I really want her to triumph.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    I am glad to see that Emily is still crossing people's faces off photographs. That was an effective storyline. I would like to see the judge's wife again.

At least there is forward motion on the Porters' storyline. But the writers need to somehow tie this storyline with the larger mythology and I don't think they will able to do so.

The same has to be saidf re: Aiden's sister. I don't really much care for her unless she will be somehow tied with the rest of the cast.

Ashley will be back! I have a soft spot for those sad sacked characters and I really want her to triumph.
    In an interview recently, the creator/head writer of the show said that this will be revealed pretty soon so there is definitely something else going on there.

Loved the show tonight! I didn't realize how much I'd missed Emily's red marker until she busted it out tonight. Woot!!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Interesting. I'll give the writers the benefit of the doubt. One thing they are doing a good job of is that I buy Amanda's redemption arc and her relationship with Jack. I would like her to be happy (relatively speaking).

vCash
    Worried that the judge's wife will be killed. And hope they don't just drop the character, I think she has more to offer. I like her.
    Also thinking that Amanda may slip. She may go after the creepy brothers who have threatened her family.

vCash
    Sharpie should really buy ad time during the show. Never has a magic marker played such a significant role in a TV show

It was nice to see one of the old-school take-downs. But I'm still a bit muddled on the larger mythology that unfolding. Initiative lady encouraged Danny to have Nolan hack Grayson Global just so GG hackers can route themselves into NorCorp files? I'm fuzzy on that part.

Mysterious thumb drive - dun, dun, dun! I find Marco pathetic, and hope that Nolan keeps him at arms length.

More Emily / Victoria plotting was fun to see.

Aiden is just not interesting me. The previews indicated that he's going to get jealous of Emily and Daniel. Really? That's the tired angle they're going to play? Boo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    It was nice to see one of the old-school take-downs. But I'm still a bit muddled on the larger mythology that unfolding. Initiative lady encouraged Danny to have Nolan hack Grayson Global just so GG hackers can route themselves into NorCorp files? I'm fuzzy on that part.
    Maybe the initiative knows who Emily is and is leading Daniel to find out about the money.

Mysterious thumb drive - dun, dun, dun! I find Marco pathetic, and hope that Nolan keeps him at arms length.
    Don't trust him. And he's creepy and weak.

Aiden is just not interesting me. The previews indicated that he's going to get jealous of Emily and Daniel. Really? That's the tired angle they're going to play? Boo.
    Yeah, it seems idiotic for him to get jealous. He and Emily did the "break up" scene in the restaurant, with the plan for Daniel to want her back. Did Aiden think Emily would not wind up kissing Daniel? Doesn't make much sense.

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast