Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

vCash
    I love this show, I really do, but this episode was a little over the top.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    I think Mason being the first to get it is perfect. They've shown that he can sniff out a lie very easily. After all, he knew there was more to the story of David Clark. He never bought into Victoria. He knew the kidnapping was a joke. He's got a lot invested in the Clark/Greyson debacle and it makes sense that it would take someone on the outside to see all the pieces come together.

Like the title of the show, people want to buy into illusions. Victoria wants to believe that Amanda Clarke turned into a stripper who got knocked up by her childhood friend than a sophisticated, formidable opponent.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    I think Mason being the first to get it is perfect. They've shown that he can sniff out a lie very easily. After all, he knew there was more to the story of David Clark. He never bought into Victoria. He knew the kidnapping was a joke. He's got a lot invested in the Clark/Greyson debacle and it makes sense that it would take someone on the outside to see all the pieces come together.

Like the title of the show, people want to buy into illusions. Victoria wants to believe that Amanda Clarke turned into a stripper who got knocked up by her childhood friend than a sophisticated, formidable opponent.
    Totally agree with this post.

Mason is the investigative journalist, and one of the few who spent time with Amanda after David went to jail. He knows her a bit better than most - certainly better than Victoria, or Jack's nostalgic memories. Remember too that he was already questioning Amanda's identity with the scar, so when Victoria mentioned that Emily was also in juvie, it revived his thoughts that Amanda wasn't Amanda, and quickly led him to Emily. Kinda liked the red thread motif - harkens back to Emily's red marker last season.

As for Victoria's views on Emily - anyone noticed that this season they are ramping up the class distinctions? Suddenly this season we are seeing servants all over the Grayson house constantly. I wondered at first if they were setting up something where the servants overhear something, or they becomes pawns of Victoria/Conrad/Emily etc. Then this ep we have Ashley firmly put in her place in words and images - notably the juxtaposition of Victoria's couture preparations vs Ashley trying on ill-fitting off the rack dresses from her closet (and not even buying something new, to go with her boyfriend's custom tailored tux). And now I'm thinking none of this is for plot - it's merely capitalizing on the popularity of Downton Abbey and reviving the idea of America's version of royalty.

One thing I'm annoyed about though is this stupid "initiative" and the squad of terrorists and money launderers - although it *was* kinda funny when Nolan referred to Aiden as Mr Bond But seriously, I thought the producer of the show said this season would be more about the core circle of characters - back to the cul de sac (!) so to speak. Perhaps he was referring to the yawner Gullible Boys storylines, but I was hoping he was saying that the initiative was no more, and here we have them back and bigger than ever, sigh.

As for Kara and what she knows/what she's up to/how crazy she actually is - let us remember that Jennifer Jason Leigh is a formidable actress, and now I'm seeing that she's ideal casting for this enigmatic character.

Line of the night, as always goes to Nolan when he said that getting Conrad arrested for murder at his own wedding qualified for "revenge all-stars."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    As for Kara and what she knows/what she's up to/how crazy she actually is - let us remember that Jennifer Jason Leigh is a formidable actress, and now I'm seeing that she's ideal casting for this enigmatic character.
    No one does barely controlled crazy and angry better than Jennifer Jason Leigh! She was the perfect casting! I'm not sure what she knows or thinks she knows. All of the suggestions here are plausible. I do get the feeling that Emily is liking her mother's vengefulness. In spite of what she believes her mother did to her. I was wondering if her mother was actually trying to kill her or, if Emily was struggling in the water and her mother was trying to save her. Than it got all turned around, because everyone made assumptions based on her mental illness.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    No one does barely controlled crazy and angry better than Jennifer Jason Leigh! She was the perfect casting! I'm not sure what she knows or thinks she knows. All of the suggestions here are plausible. I do get the feeling that Emily is liking her mother's vengefulness. In spite of what she believes her mother did to her. I was wondering if her mother was actually trying to kill her or, if Emily was struggling in the water and her mother was trying to save her. Than it got all turned around, because everyone made assumptions based on her mental illness.
    I don't think so. She remembered her mother trying to drown her, and her mother admitted having done something so bad that she told David to tell Amanda she was dead. I like the idea of a multi-dimensional character who tried to kill her own daughter, who married a man who helped set up her ex-husband, who is mentally ill but who still appears somewhat sympathetic.

I honestly think she knows who Emily really is, but I'm not sure whose side she's on, ultimately, given her connection to the white haired man.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    these nieman marcus commercials are on my last nerve
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I don't get this whole 'Gift of Revenge' thing and wish it would go away. This show can be confusing enough all on it's own...I don't need commercials with the cast members in them to mess me up even more, LOL
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    What a perfect comeuppance for Mason. That was great.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Jack and Declan's dad did that was so bad. It has to do with something with their mom.

Is that it for Jennifer Jason Leigh? Have to admit, I don't mind. She's been a disappointment.

vCash
    Tonight was awesome! I didn't mind the Neiman/Target ads. I thought it was pretty clever.

vCash
    I had to wonder if Kara having that last flashback about Amanda in the car, and then looking back at Emily if she made the connection or not that she was her daughter. Otherwise the whole Kara plotline was a big fizzle. All this build-up, and frankly not much happened. I have to imagine she'll play a more significant role down the road.

Other random thoughts:

Oh please, oh please - let the gift that Emily gave to Victoria be an empty box!!!!

"One time, at Revenge camp"

Please Revenge writers, keep Nolan and Emily platonic!

They're throwing too many new characters at us. Now there's a brother to the guy that co-owns the bar (I can't be bothered to remember his name)? They're working some sort of revenge against something Jack and Declan's father did to them? Please - too much. Then there's Padma's contined jerky insertions into the narrative, and the Initiative lady. I almost long for the simpler days when Emily just worked on putting an "x" through the face of one person at a time.

Is it me or does Emily Vancamp look at little softer? Not fatter, mind you. Just not as muscular. She doesn't look as lean and mean physically as she did in Season 1.

What is it with Fauxmanda and tire irons?

The baby was a cutie pie

vCash
    ^^ Agree about the Initiative Lady. I liked it better when the Initiative was just this obscure thing. Putting a face on it makes it seem trite and less powerful.

vCash
    I thought Amanda was having the flashback, not Kara. We do tend to see things from Amanda's point of view more than anyone else's. I'm fairly sure Kara knew, she may even have known the whole time. The way she looked back just confirmed it for me.

I love that Victoria and Conrad think that the initiative is behind Kara's antics and the security cameras going out. If only they knew
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    ^^ Agree about the Initiative Lady. I liked it better when the Initiative was just this obscure thing. Putting a face on it makes it seem trite and less powerful.
    Especially when that face is Wendy Crewson, who is one of my least favourite actors. Mostly because I don't think she can act. Everything she does is exactly the same, completely one note. The fact that that one note fits well for evil automoton ...

As for Victoria's views on Emily - anyone noticed that this season they are ramping up the class distinctions? Suddenly this season we are seeing servants all over the Grayson house constantly. I wondered at first if they were setting up something where the servants overhear something, or they becomes pawns of Victoria/Conrad/Emily etc. Then this ep we have Ashley firmly put in her place in words and images - notably the juxtaposition of Victoria's couture preparations vs Ashley trying on ill-fitting off the rack dresses from her closet (and not even buying something new, to go with her boyfriend's custom tailored tux). And now I'm thinking none of this is for plot - it's merely capitalizing on the popularity of Downton Abbey and reviving the idea of America's version of royalty.
    Hmm, I'm not sure about any Downton Abbey connection, intentional or otherwise, but I agree that perceptions about the money class has a lot to do with how this show works. The basic premise hinges on the idea that, if you have enough money, you can do anything. I'm thinking the Ashley business has more to do with just illustrating how being around all that money and power will almost inevitably turn your head to wanting more. At least that's how they were treating Ashley last season. This season, and esp. with Aiden's suspicions ... who knows.

The most perfect use of Ashley, though, was last night -- when Mason's comment about Daniel dating the help led to Victoria's comment about Emily being a juvy girl ... and we know where that led.

Other thoughts: Emily + Aiden = whatever, though at least they didn't drag out the inevitable. And at least they're not lying to each other, so that's something.

I agree that Mason being the one to come closest to the truth was fitting -- and I like that, even though he was close, he still didn't figure out the final piece of the puzzle until Emily basically told him. It is, after all, rather too preposterous to just guess at. (Though his juvy lesbian love affair angle was pretty .)

But Mason agreeing to plead guilty so he can get an amazing book out of it??!? This is a perfect example of "things that work in Revenge-land but are so completely removed from real life that they're just laughable." In the context of the plot, it's perfect. Just don't think about it. At. All. Like don't think about how the incredibly fastidious Mason will fare in jail ...

And don't get me started on how much I don't care about the evil rich brothers' revenge on the house of Porter ...

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Jennifer Jason Leigh and Henry Czerny are the only two really great actors on this show. The rest of the cast members are just what a soap opera ordered. Whee!!! Adrienne Barbeau (from "Maude") is going to play Madeline Stowe's mother in the next episode. I guess Susan Lucci wasn't available.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    these nieman marcus commercials are on my last nerve
    DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message too short

vCash
    Those commercials made trying to fast forward through the commercials a real challenge!
    Creating drama!

vCash
    Susan Lucci as Madeline Stowe's mother would have been the best casting decision ever.

I agree that Czerny is a step above everyone else. JJL should theoretically be but she hasn't impressed me in this. It might just be that I don't like the character at all. I never like those dazed-eyed sorts of characters.

vCash
    Yeah, the getting Mason to plead guilty thing didn't make any sense, but who cares - great episode!!
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    Susan Lucci as Madeline Stowe's mother would have been the best casting decision ever.
    OMG that would have been FABULOUS.

Also agree that Henry Czerny is the best actor on the show, and thanks to some really good dialogue I think, is getting better and better. His interactions with Victoria are delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Yeah, the getting Mason to plead guilty thing didn't make any sense, but who cares - great episode!!
    Hubby has started watching with me this season, and that was the moment when I had to explain to him that on this show, there are many moments like that, and we just have to go with it.

Also agree we need to keep Nolan and Emily platonic, plus I have to say the bit with Padma was like last week never happened, when he told her off at the wedding re going behind his back, and now he's all soppy puppy with her. And then previews of next week - did I see him kissing a man? We know that's a possibility for him, but then what's with Padma? They need to sort this out - Nolan is way to good a character and Gabrielle Mann is doing way too good a job with it to screw around like this.

Hubby's other big question is why on earth Nolan would be willing to give up control of his "life's work" just because he made a vague promise to her father. Seriously? Sure, he's trusting Aiden because he's Emily's friend, but just as hiring Padma to a very senior position with no background on her didn't make any sense, you'd think that Nolan would have CHECKED WITH EMILY before giving up control of his company, no? And is he not connecting the dots that at the very same time that Aiden is after this info, so was Padma? Are we dropping that SL?

And then there's the cheque. Considering it's potentially worth billions of dollars and the control of two major corporations, you'd think they'd at least put it in a protective envelope, no? But then we wouldn't have the visual, which sadly does seem to drive a lot of decisions by the writers on this show.

I did enjoy Emily's reveal to Mason though - rewound and watched it twice

vCash
    I have to wonder if Emily has a specific endgame in mind for her revenge against Conrad and Victoria, or whether she just wants to hang around their world and stir things up in any old direction that will make them suffer.

Will she be vindicated if they end up dead? If they're imprisoned for life for crimes they did or didn't commit? If they publicly confess to or are exposed for framing David regardless of their own fate?

How was marrying Daniel supposed to achieve any of those goals?

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast