Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 489
  1. #141

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,438
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4484
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post

    You know Padma is totally a cold-stoned bitch. I mean, she didn't go back to see her dying mom because of a job *interview*?
    I thought it was her Grandmother? I missed my grandfather's funeral because I was on the other side of the world. It happens.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post

    And for Nolan - I was liking getting to know NolCorp, but they've suddenly decided he's completely in love with Emily, which I don't like - I'm for the sibling relationship that worked so well last season
    I don't know that Nolan is in love with Emily, is he? I thought he was just upset that she continually freezes him out. Padma is jealous because she thinks Nolan was with Emily, from his introduction of 'my Emily' to thinking they were living together rather than he just stayed for a couple of nights.

    But yes, she surely has to know sooner or later that Emily owns nearly half the company! Unless she's a silent partner, but even so...
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

  2. #142
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    736
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    Typically it's a summer house. But last season we saw that they stayed there through Thanksgiving anyway. But I think the idea was that it was an unusual occurrence for them because of Daniel's incarceration. This season picked up at Memorial Day, the start of the summer season.
    Does anybody else wonder what these people do when they are not at the summer house? How they get along, who they have problems with, who dies, etc.? You'd think they'd never go back to the Hamptons since that's where all the bad stuff happens.

  3. #143

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,438
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4484
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan1 View Post
    Does anybody else wonder what these people do when they are not at the summer house? How they get along, who they have problems with, who dies, etc.? You'd think they'd never go back to the Hamptons since that's where all the bad stuff happens.
    Isn't that why Nolan sold his house there?

    I think a great strength of the show is that it is SO ridiculous and unlikely, and yet we don't get hung up on it. We embrace it!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

  4. #144

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,719
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    34207
    It wouldn't surprise me that Amanda's mom hasn't been searching for her. After all, she did try to kill her daughter. She doesn't strike me as the loving motherly type. She might have been happy starting a life of her own and convinced herself that Amanda is better off without her. Of course, I think part of her still cares and that is why she ran to the wrong Amanda's bedside upon hearing about her accident. I wonder if she will see "Emily" any time soon? You would think a mother would recognize her daughter, even if she is all grown up now.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

  5. #145
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,377
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I just started watching this show and quickly caught up via netflix and hulu and I'm hooked. Yes, it's ridiculous. But I love it.

  6. #146
    Go Team SW Florida! =)
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,898
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4653
    Did they name the baby Carl??!

    Amanda's mom totally creeps me out but I think that's how it's supposed to be.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

    "I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

  7. #147
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Entitiled
    Posts
    5,615
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post
    I just started watching this show and quickly caught up via netflix and hulu and I'm hooked. Yes, it's ridiculous. But I love it.
    I know, I know-it's addicting. I got hooked this summer watching reruns.

  8. #148
    Satisfied skating fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Looking for a pairs team to split up
    Posts
    40,224
    vCash
    600
    Rep Power
    43213
    Awwww (((((Nolan)))))


    "Do you gag a little when you say that? Honestly?"



    Awwww ((((Emanda)))))
    Last edited by rfisher; 10-29-2012 at 01:55 AM.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

  9. #149
    snarking for AZE
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    katbert greenhouse
    Posts
    30,171
    vCash
    2068
    Rep Power
    50062
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    Did they name the baby Carl??!
    i'm holding out hope he gets a nickname or something
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

  10. #150
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    258
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    what's the significance of Amily's back? Treadwell seemed to have picked up something.

  11. #151

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    9,269
    vCash
    567
    Rep Power
    3372
    Amanda needs to save Nolcorp or I'll be pissed. Nolan doesn't deserve to lose control of his company.
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

  12. #152
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    258
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ssminnow View Post
    what's the significance of Amily's back? Treadwell seemed to have picked up something.
    Ah. But how does Treadwell know?

  13. #153

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Singleville aka 7th Circle of Hell
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,383
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    9520
    Amily and Emanda on the porch was really, really good, and I'm so glad the writers on this show don't drag things out. We do need to keep Emily somewhat human.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

  14. #154

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Downing cosmos before the free dance
    Posts
    1,701
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    176
    Curses, Frankenstorm! They were showing stupid weather reports at 9:00, then joined Revenge "in progress". It was only the first few minutes, but still! Hope I didnt miss anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by ssminnow View Post
    Ah. But how does Treadwell know?
    Treadwell interviewed Amanda when she was young. Perhaps she told him about it/showed him? I wonder what's in that folder.

    I am very confused about who's on whos side. The Initiative, the FBI? they talk like they were on the same team, but certainly not now.

    Edited to clarify: Mommy Clark, Victoria, Conrad... they talk like they were on the same side, but it's obvious they arent now (or at least, they dont trust eachother).

    And someone mentioned Mommy Clark being held captive by WHM... is that true? or is that something that MC told Victoria? Or am I more confused than I originally thought?
    Last edited by talulabell; 10-29-2012 at 04:30 AM.
    Erm.... I got nothin'

  15. #155

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    9,145
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    34134
    Aiden probably provided Treadmill with the contents of that folder.

    I have to admit I liked that moment between Emily and Amanda. The show needs at least one close female relationship.

  16. #156
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    17,241
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I hate that Aiden is conspiring with Daniel to take control of Nolcorp. Yay for Emily for saying NO WAY!

  17. #157
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,403
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    And someone mentioned Mommy Clark being held captive by WHM... is that true? or is that something that MC told Victoria? Or am I more confused than I originally thought?
    The history of Kara and the WHM is still a mystery. She left the mental hospital with him, presumably to be killed. However, at some point he decided she was worth more to him alive than dead.

    Fast forward to modern day and she is in love with him and according to Aiden - married to him.

    So the question is when did she fall in love with him. Was it an act on his part? Her part? Is it a case of Stockholm Syndrome or did she really get to know him? How much did he trust her and vice versa? Obviously he didn't tell her everything, as she is not aware that Emanda is actually her daughter, David's innocence in the terrorist act, the WHM killing David, etc. If she is aware, she's doing a good job of hiding it.

  18. #158
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    Posts
    4,802
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    You know Padma is totally a cold-stoned bitch. I mean, she didn't go back to see her dying mom because of a job *interview*?
    As Jen said above, it was her grandmother, not her mother. And IIRC correctly, Padma already had the new job, it wasn't just an interview, and it was said as "your grandmother caught a bad flu" not "your grandmother is dying." So based on that incident alone, I don't think it was cold or bitchy.

    However there is something questionable there. Did she investigate the Grayson Inc. & David Clarke just to show her initiative, to try to impress Nolan? Or is she working for someone else? I really hope the former, even if it was stupid. I can't say I love the character, but Nolan deserves some relationship happiness, even if it is shortlived.

    I'm pretty sure this is the first time we've heard that Emily sold her shares in Nolcorp, though. It makes sense in retrospect, though: she'd be far more involved in his business if she did still have a 49% interest.

    I don't know enough about corporate law to know if the Graysons' claim on Nolcorp is legit. If they did have an exclusivity clause with Clarke (which I'm assuming they do), surely they'd have cause to go after Clarke and any profits he made (and therefore Emanda, as his beneficiary). Even if Emanda sold the shares, surely any claim Grayson Inc had would still be on that parcel of money, wherever it is now, not on Nolcorp? Which would mean that Emanda is more in jeopardy here than Nolan.

    And what the hell is Aiden up to, pointing out Clarke's involvement to Daniel? Is he trying to ruin Emanda or Nolan financially? Or just trying to get Daniel to trust him?

    I can't say I'm thrilled about this whole financial angle on the story ... but at least it's better than the eye-rolling saga of the Porters.

  19. #159

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Infected with the joy of skating!!
    Posts
    10,551
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    14026
    I love that idiot Daniel immediately grasped the significance of David Clark investing his personal money in NolCorp while he still worked for GG.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

  20. #160

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    53
    Posts
    10,466
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    20970
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    However there is something questionable there. Did she investigate the Grayson Inc. & David Clarke just to show her initiative, to try to impress Nolan? Or is she working for someone else?
    Or is she working on her own behalf? My first thought, last week when she found the check, was that she knew someone who was on the plane that the terrorists blew up.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •