Thread: Ice Dance 2005

vCash

Ice Dance 2005

Watched some old tapes yesterday ' although it doesn't seem that long ago from 2005 FDS and ODS

Grushgons had some nice programmes this year .Four Seasons FD probably the FD I liked the most from them .It had nice light and shade some good Morozov choreo and had everything you ever want in a FD ES commentators said
    Their Charleston OD was great too .Their ODS were always better IMO.

K/Novikov Watching now it was like a train wreck Very untidy sloppy and their moves in closed holds were poor .Very exciting though
    They were dressed in red/black but can't remember the music now It was all very frantic.Anyone know why they split ?

Fraser/Lukanin unforgettable

Dom/Shabalin FD Fifth Element .Nice programme lovely pink costumes.Very nice OD Quickstep too.

Delshoes Absolutely beautiful FD to Frida
    Third in FD but as usual fourth overall
    Charleston OD really good.

B/A Shadritsa FD liked it a lot one of my favs of theirs

Denstas Nice OD but Toy Story what were they thinking ?
    They said they'd written the year off after CDS as Albena had been recovering from bronchitis and they'd lost training time
    FD Bach to Africa which for some reason wasn't popular with fans I really enjoyed it a lot

N/K FD to Tosca

Any more memories ?

vCash
    N/K FD to Tosca
    Pretty much says it all.

Delobel and Schoenfelder should have won the FD that year and been no lower than 2nd overall.

vCash
    I think Frida was DelSchoe's best FD.

There were also too many couples with D&S as their initials. It meant to you had to type more to explain who you were talking about.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Yeah I agree Tosca was pretty bad... Mainly because of a distinct absence of a certain article of clothing that goes around Tatiana's head...
    But I remember them saying that the original Tosca was much more artistic but had to be reworked so they could get their levels.

vCash
    Kulikova/Novikov.. that's a team I haven't seen discussed in awhile.. I actually forgot their existence until a few months ago when I watched a video of them on youtube. They WERE pretty frantic, not anywhere near any of the best Russian teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Kulikova/Novikov.. that's a team I haven't seen discussed in awhile.. I actually forgot their existence until a few months ago when I watched a video of them on youtube. They WERE pretty frantic, not anywhere near any of the best Russian teams.
    This is what I thought .They were so scruffy looking too
    When we talk about V/M skating beautiful edges flow etc on a scale with K/N V/M would be one end and K/N the exact opposite end
    Did they only compete that season ? They must have been third ranked after N/K and D/S .Did K/Novitski take over third the next season ?

vCash
    I think K-N split up after 2004-2005 season. And yes, Kh-N were Russian third team at OG in Torino OG.

vCash
    Wasn't Novikov the Russian Truckie Ice Dancer?
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Novikov was with Orlova the 2005-2006 season. It was not an improvement, skating-wise.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Wasn't Novikov the Russian Truckie Ice Dancer?
    That's right

Another thing I noticed if anyone has the tape of the ODS.In the knc with N/K after their scores it shows a woman in the audience with a little girl waving .The girl is maybe Navka's daughter Anyone know if it was ? Just the way Navka was looking at the monitor. .
    Last edited by nuge; 06-19-2012 at 11:04 AM.

vCash
    Well I'll answer my own question
    After seeing the photos of Navka's daughter on the other thread I reckon it was her