Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by worldsnice12 View Post
    What a first performance of the year

I WANT TOO SEE MAO NOWWW

someone please load Mao fs program!

Vacant
    vCash
    Wow great skates from Mao and Ashley it seems. Mao's dress looks ok but not keen on the flesh top and the fact that you can see the press studs. Hopefully it will look better while she's skating. Ashley's is....not good Still can't wait to watch this though!

vCash
    Amazing skate for Daisuke. It really looked like he was from another planet compared to the others out there today!
    Well done!!!
    Support Daisuke, join Daisuke Takahshi Road to Sochi

vCash
    Congratulations to Team Japan. Can't wait to see a revitalized Mao Asada.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8AjG4VKyTA
    Mao's Swan Lake
    And according to Japanese new report, Mao got 0 on one of her spins. That explains the low TES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tianrushui View Post
    Mao's Swan Lake
    And according to Japanese new report, Mao got 0 on one of her spins. That explains the low TES
    I love it!

Vacant
    vCash
    I LOVE Mao's new LP. Beautiful, beautiful footwork all the way through. She looks so much more healthy this season and it really shows in the jumps which looked the best I've seen them since perhaps even 2008 Worlds. More mileage, that 2x-3t in place plus the spins and final jump combo sorted and this will be 130+ potential by the end of the season.....if done clean

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tianrushui View Post
    Mao's Swan Lake
    That program has so much potential. I love it. The last two sequences are perfect!

vCash
    Dai's LP! He is an incredible athlete and artist!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGPON...ature=youtu.be

vCash
    Overall, I think Mao's program has potential and could be one of her better ones. It has nice choreography all the way through. She just needs more mileage on it and to become more consistent.

Really enjoyed Daisuke.

vCash
    Yay yay yay MAO!!!!

Are the ladies not required to do a layback spin now?
    Last edited by AndyWarhol; 10-06-2012 at 03:38 PM.

vCash
    The only problem that i have with Daisuke's FS is that the program's choreography doesn't really seem to start until after the quad toes are out of the way. He has a long gliding approach where he isn't really doing anything... and it's even more obvious when he does two of them right in a row.

He probably will get better as the season progresses, but other than that, nice job, Daisuke!

vCash
    Mao looked gorgeous and happy. That is so great

Daisuke was amazing as well. Going to be a great year

vCash
    Does this mean Mao has dumped the 3 axel for now?

And is Ashley's or Akiko's LP on youtube yet?

vCash
    So glad for Ashley!!

(But here's hoping she ditches that dress!)
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    I'm delighted for Mao, Ashley and Jeffrey!

Vacant
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    Does this mean Mao has dumped the 3 axel for now?
    Nope, she did a few in practice at Japan Open and they looked a LOT better than any of her attempts last year. She's said she is going to try and add it later in the season.

Mao gave a LOT of points away here (UR's 2ft 2x at the beginning and a spin that didn't even score anything) but still racked up 122+. I'd say internationally this program will be very well received. But whatever happens, I'm just really happy that she seems happy out there and most importantly, she looks healthy!!

ETA: Better quality version of Mao's new FS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfkkuI5vXyw

Love Dai as always but ITA with zebobes - where is the choreography at the beginning? Is this the actual choreography or has Morosov's editing been at work? There are moments that I just love however.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    Nope, she did a few in practice at Japan Open and they looked a LOT better than any of her attempts last year. She's said she is going to try and add it later in the season.

Mao gave a LOT of points away here (UR's 2ft 2x at the beginning and a spin that didn't even score anything) but still racked up 122+. I'd say internationally this program will be very well received. But whatever happens, I'm just really happy that she seems happy out there and most importantly, she looks healthy!!

ETA: Better quality version of Mao's new FS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfkkuI5vXyw

Love Dai as always but ITA with zebobes - where is the choreography at the beginning? Is this the actual choreography or has Morosov's editing been at work? There are moments that I just love however.
    Agreed. I really appreciate that Mao has choreography throughout her entire program and hope she is able to keep it that way and add jumps throughout the season. I know she has struggled the past few years, but hope she can finally get it together.

Love Dai's passion but I wish he had more choreography in the beginning and was using someone other than Morosov.

vCash
    http://www.brecorder.com/sports/othe...pic-fight.html

This says Plushenko did 2 quads and a 3A and 2 quads for the first time since 2005. Says he is 50/50 happy about it but it's too early.

vCash
    From the Daisuke-san thread in Trash Can:

Quote Originally Posted by ostile17 View Post
    Congrats to Daisuke and Team Japan for winning Japan Open

1 Takahashi 172.06
    4T 4T<(2foot)-1T 3A 3A-3T 3Lo 3S 3Lz-2T-2Lo 3F

2 Kozuka 165.08
    4T 4T(stepout+hands) 3A 3A-2T-2Lo 3F 3Lo 3Lz-3T(turn) 3S

3 Buttle 160.86
    3F-3T 3A 3Lo-2T 3Lz 3S 3Lo 3S-2T-2T 2A

4 Plushenko 156.21
    4T(hand) 4T-2T 3A 3Lo 1A 3Lz-2T-2Lo 2S~2A 2A(fall)

5 Brezina 151.53
    4S(hand) 1F 3A 3A-2T 3F-2T 2Lo 3Lz 3S-2T-1T

6 Chan 137.42
    4T(fall) 4T(fall) 3Lz 3A(fall) 3Lo 3Lz(fall) 2F 1A
    So, it looks like Dai has started off the season very strong, and I hope his strength and success continue to build

As far as complaints about Dai's choreo, IMO, trying to successfully land quads requires a lot of energy and mental focus. Preparation in going into quads is also important so its a given that choreo will not be the main focus in the sections of his program where f'ing quads for point-gathering are needed.

ETA:
    Thanks kittyjake for the link to Dai's fp performance at Japan Open! Wow! I have to say, Dai has certainly started out the season very strong. It's clear that he has been focusing hard on getting two quads into his fp without sacrificing any of his artistry. So what re the opening choreo? Why so nitpicky? The opening IMO is still very powerful. Good strategy on Dai's part. He is a true artist and athlete, and he's right now, IMHO, the best male skater in the world.

Okay, there are plenty of talented challengers out there too... several of them his own countrymen (Hanyu, Oda, Kosuka). Surely that fact has bolstered Dai's focus on continuing to improve. But I also think that Dai doesn't really worry about his competition, as much as he is inspired by the best that his top competitors have to offer. Dai feeds on that inspiration and he focuses always on what he can do to be better. Above all, he's gracious in either victory or defeat.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 10-06-2012 at 06:20 PM.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast