Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    It's not difficult to place above Brezina and a very sub-par Chan, and it's not belittling Plushy to observe that his non-jumping elements were not at the same level as Dai, Buttle, and Chan. Plushy didn't skate with the same ease as those I mentioned.
    But in the past Dai's, Buttle's and Chan's jumping elements were not the same level as Plushy, and he could beat them. And he learn a lot of new things in last and this year he wants to suit the requirements. He received higher PCS than technical scores in JO. Even Buttle got higher technical scores, what is absolute unusual. So Plushy will be better in the future in general. And if he won't be first, only second or third? That would be miraculous in his age !! And he can do it!

f you haven't seen
    http://www.jsfresults.com/InterNatio...o/data0105.pdf

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post

From your post I am not sure if you know this, but it was not choreographed by Morozov. Shae-Lynn Bourne choreographed it. Although I agree that it looks a bit like Morozov program - most likely he had his input in it too.
    Yep, I didn't know who choreographed it before I watched. I was responding to the posters who were decrying Dai's "Morosov program" and/ or any Morozov influence on him this season.

Unfortunately, many seem to be so in love with what Dai did last year that they seem not to be able to stop comparing last year's programs with this year's and just appreciate watching Dai's skating. It's a pleasure to witness his mastery.

vCash
    Thanks. I hope he does not peak too soon. He has the whole season to go.

vCash
    Finally got a chance to see the Ashley video. How awesome to see her performing so well and looking so confident and happy!

And the dress does look somewhat better on video.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    How does an experienced skater on the level of Mao (or is it her choreographer's and coach's fault) lose points by repeating a spin? That being said, it was great to see her skating with such confidence. The lady's season is going to be quite exciting. I won't be surprised if Ashley wears this costume only one more time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by all_empty View Post
    This is one of my favorite pieces of music, but many skaters have done a great job with it before:

Notably, Joannie Rochette at this very event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzxIv0iQhWA (a perfect program, and in my opinion, the best COP ladies program in recent history)

Kristi Yamaguchi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNmt6AHYfk8 (as close to perfect as Kristi can get)

Jeff Buttle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADGQ-Fq7s6c (a little watered down, but clean)
    I like Kadavy's version. This was a program that I wished Caryn had repeated when she got more confident in her jumps later in her pro career. I liked the ending. It gets boring when almost everyone ends his program with a combo spin of some sort, and most of them aren't very fast and/or doesn't match the music's tempo.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    LOL @ Takahashi's costume. Part of it is a rip-off of Johnny Weir's Swan SP costume from the 2006 season. Even though Dai skated his program extremely well for this early in the season, I am not in love with the music, the program, nor the costume. He does so many crossovers and the over-emoting and arm waving looks so contrived and phony, JMO.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 10-08-2012 at 12:25 AM.

Title-less
    vCash
    My eyes could be deceiving me. I thought Ashley's skating improved. I hope she stays healthy and kick butt this year.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Seeing Jeffrey skate so brilliantly and hearing of how well he did in both competitions this weekend makes me even more pissed that he didn't make a run at that Olympic gold in Vancouver. I wonder if he has ever had any regrets about retiring early.

Quadless
    vCash
    Loved this the most out of all the guys. And that he's still out there at his advanced age is amazing.

I hope he's able to skate this program all out at least once this season.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Seeing Jeffrey skate so brilliantly and hearing of how well he did in both competitions this weekend makes me even more pissed that he didn't make a run at that Olympic gold in Vancouver. I wonder if he has ever had any regrets about retiring early.
    I'd like to think that he's flourished without the pressure of constant training, competition and expectations. If he's happy, what does it matter? I was shocked he did the 3ax here, considering it's never been a great jump for him - and still has all his transitions and WHEEE!

vCash
    Oh man! I love Patrick and all, and I hope he just had a bad night However, can anyone explain to me how ANY skater can fall 4 TIMES still get a 9.5 in P and E component! WOW! What would a clean skate score? 15!
    The emperor is naked people!
    I hope he is not injured and I'm sure he will bounce

vCash
    Jeff Buttle was AMAZING. I can't believe he just skated a competitive long program with all the hardest jumps when jumping has never been his strong suit. That program was art, beautiful and moving. I truly respect this guy.

vCash
    Hey Jeff, you know it's not too late to come back for Sochi.

vCash
    Gosh I love Jeff and his skating so much. He's one of my favorite skaters ever and I'm glad he continues to give us these great programs every year. I was shocked to see the triple axel too. I would love to see more programs like that in competition from other skaters (I mean in terms of artistry).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RFOS View Post
    Hey Jeff, you know it's not too late to come back for Sochi.
    I'll drink to that! Jeffrey was smooth like butter

I kind of like Ashley's dress color - it reminds me of a California poppy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    Patrick tends to make big mistakes early in the season... Nice to see he didn't get first with that
    Of course he didn't get first if others skated better than him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danafan View Post
    Wait - Chan fell four times and did not win a competition??? What has happened to the sport of Figure Skating?????

Tongue firmly in cheek...
    I guess Chan haters can't bitch that he's winning with falls, it's time to use other means to insult Chan and the sport

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    LOL @ Takahashi's costume. Part of it is a rip-off of Johnny Weir's Swan SP costume from the 2006 season. Even though Dai skated his program extremely well for this early in the season, I am not in love with the music, the program, nor the costume. He does so many crossovers and the over-emoting and arm waving looks so contrived and phony, JMO.
    Over the top costume suits his over the top hands and arms and heads and facial expressions very well. Yeah, ARTISTIC!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    Jeffrey Buttle
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HRcile3Pr8&feature=plcp
    I just absolutely love this guys pro work. Arguably skating better now than before he retired!
    Jeff is still my favorite skater. Every move he does is beautiful. I wish I could see the Japan open where he won gold.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast