Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmarch View Post
    Love Daisuke's LP, does anyone know what the music is?
    Pagliacci, by Leoncavallo, choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne
    Support Daisuke, join Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi

vCash
    Stirring the pot here....

BUT: If Jeff still has his 3A (which I was surprised to see him land with relative ease) and adds a second 3A into his program, how competitive is he among current senior mens skaters even without a quad? I thought his program components were STUNNING and his footwork and other jumps still seemed top notch. I know Jeff won't come back to eligible skating but how would he compare if he had a second 3A in that program?

vCash
    ASHLEY - what a masterpiece of an LP!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJMDk...hannel&list=UL

Nobody has EVAH come up with so powerful and perfect a program to this music. For 40+ years I've dreamt that someone would 'get it right' with the Samson & Delilah Bacchanale music. Finally! Thank you, Ashley. And so well skated for the start of the season. Imagine what it can be like at Worlds.

Love-love-love the glamorous Orientalia golden dress. WOW!

Samson & Delilah - First came Peggy Fleming with the perfect skate to 'Mon Coeur' (the soft tune) and now Ashley Wagner with the perfect Bacchanale...and even a bit of 'Mon Coeur' in the middle!
    Last edited by Frau Muller; 10-07-2012 at 05:23 PM.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by timmybopper View Post
    Stirring the pot here....

BUT: If Jeff still has his 3A (which I was surprised to see him land with relative ease) and adds a second 3A into his program, how competitive is he among current senior mens skaters even without a quad? I thought his program components were STUNNING and his footwork and other jumps still seemed top notch. I know Jeff won't come back to eligible skating but how would he compare if he had a second 3A in that program?
    Would'nt he be in a conflict of interests situation in such a case? His client list includes Patrick, Yuzuru and Nan Song!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Plush has a haircut His jumping ability is still amazing, but the rest of his skating just isn't going to cut it anymore under IJS. And what with the grabbing of his left leg into the Y-position at the end of the SLF? That made no sense whatsoever.
    Oh really?
    Men - Free Skating Results
    PL. Competitor National TSS TES PCS SS TR PE CH IN Deduction StN.
    1 Daisuke TAKAHASHI JPN 172.06 81.00 91.06 9.11 8.71 9.21 9.25 9.25 0.00 #6
    2 Takahiko KOZUKA JPN 165.08 83.06 83.02 8.54 8.18 8.32 8.29 8.18 1.00 #3
    3 Jeffrey BUTTLE CAN 160.86 72.66 88.20 8.71 8.64 8.86 8.89 9.00 0.00 #1
    4 Evgeni PLUSHENKO RUS 156.21 71.63 85.58 8.75 7.96 8.68 8.54 8.86 1.00 #5
    5 Michal BREZINA CZE 151.53 71.45 80.08 8.25 7.61 8.07 8.00 8.11 0.00 #2
    6 Patrick CHAN CAN 137.42 57.00 84.42 8.61 8.57 8.07 8.57 8.39 4.00 #4

That's so funny, or ridiculous, when the Plushy's haters trying to belittle him. He won the ECH in this year, and he got very high scores, don't you remember? Or the ECH wasn't under the IJS? And look at the protochols of JO!

And his hair one of his trade marks!! Didn't you like it? This is matter of taste! Many fans adore his hair, like me. He was very beautiful and unique on the ice with it. But he has became more mature, and he cuted his hair.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15Uja...eature=related
    Isn't he beautiful? Read the comments ))
    Last edited by lala; 10-07-2012 at 05:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    Thanks for the link. I was hoping I'd wake up to this today

Great skate and I really enjoyed the program. I think it is still probably a work in progress. She added little bits of choreography to "Black Swan" last year and I expect her to do the same with this one as she becomes stronger throughout the season. All in all a great start to her season.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Plush has a haircut
    Looks great
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    That's so funny, or ridiculous, when the Plushy's haters trying to belittle him. He won the ECH in this year, and he got very high scores, don't you remember? Or the ECH wasn't under the IJS? And look at the protochols of JO!
    It's not difficult to place above Brezina and a very sub-par Chan, and it's not belittling Plushy to observe that his non-jumping elements were not at the same level as Dai, Buttle, and Chan. Plushy didn't skate with the same ease as those I mentioned.

And his hair one of his trade marks!! Didn't you like it?
    I like the haircut. The layer and shorter length in the back lighten up his hair.

vCash
    Ashley's freeskate:

I like it for the most part but the dress is gross and she has way too many spots where she's stopping to pull faces and pose for the judges.
    I really like most of Ashley's LP. The beginning and middle are very good, but the last minute or so doesn't seem to work as well. But I'm sure it will improve with each comp. Most of all, I'm impressed with the confidence and attack that she is showing.

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Wait - Chan fell four times and did not win a competition??? What has happened to the sport of Figure Skating?????

Tongue firmly in cheek...

vCash
    Aashley's skating is highly seducing as a Dalilah should be. go my girl!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danafan View Post
    Wait - Chan fell four times and did not win a competition??? What has happened to the sport of Figure Skating?????
    COP ruins everything!!!1

vCash
    Ashley looks great and there's still room for improvement with adding in either a 3-3 or 2a-3t, which I assume she plans to do. Awesome start to the season though, her flutz even looks better, and I actually like the dress! The cut and design are gorgeous, I agree deep purple might be a better color choice, but in that video it was more orange and less glaringly yellow than the photos suggested so it was already a big improvement. so excited the season is here !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I really like most of Ashley's LP. The beginning and middle are very good, but the last minute or so doesn't seem to work as well. But I'm sure it will improve with each comp. Most of all, I'm impressed with the confidence and attack that she is showing.
    Yeah, I love Ashley and like her new program overall. However, I think the, like you, that the last minute needs to have more of an impact. Also, the arm movements are a little too much. Hopefully, she and her coach will reign that in as the season progresses. I love her acting when she skates, IMO her expression is probably the best of the ladies right now.

Too bad Chan fell so much but his program is gorgeous. As program themselves, I think his La Boheme and Mao's Swan Lake have the potential to be really great. They both have great choreography the whole way through and don't just glide from jump to jump. However, Chan's jump failures were really disastrous. I'm glad the judges gave him the scores he deserved and I'm sure he work out the kinks eventually this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    ASHLEY - what a masterpiece of an LP!!!!

Nobody has EVAH come up with so powerful and perfect a program to this music. For 40+ years I've dreamt that someone would 'get it right' with the Samson & Delilah Bacchanale music. Finally!

Samson & Delilah - First came Peggy Fleming with the perfect skate to 'Mon Coeur' (the soft tune) and now Ashley Wagner with the perfect Bacchanale...and even a bit of 'Mon Coeur' in the middle!
    I'm not sure Ashley's is "perfect" ... yet. It's a little too stop and go for my taste, and her jump timings still feel hurried.

This is one of my favorite pieces of music, but many skaters have done a great job with it before:

Notably, Joannie Rochette at this very event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzxIv0iQhWA (a perfect program, and in my opinion, the best COP ladies program in recent history)

Kristi Yamaguchi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNmt6AHYfk8 (as close to perfect as Kristi can get)

Jeff Buttle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADGQ-Fq7s6c (a little watered down, but clean)

I believe Evan Lysacek is skating to this music too, and he was quoted as saying this is a piece not a lot of skaters use ... um right.

vCash
    Jeffrey Buttle
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HRcile3Pr8&feature=plcp
    I just absolutely love this guys pro work. Arguably skating better now than before he retired!
    That program/performance was a joy.
    His reaction was wonderful, too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    I saw somewhere that Miki's LP might be Black Swan? So if it is, then she is a bird as well!
    No, that was her exhibition. I am quite sure that the LP is something else.

Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Fortunately, I didn't look at Dai's new program thinking, "Oh no, choreographed by Morozov."
    From your post I am not sure if you know this, but it was not choreographed by Morozov. Shae-Lynn Bourne choreographed it. Although I agree that it looks a bit like Morozov program - most likely he had his input in it too.
    Last edited by lauravvv; 10-07-2012 at 07:29 PM.

vCash
    Ashley's dress looks so much better on the video than in pictures. I don't like her program though. I found it pretty boring. I'm glad she's continuing to skate so well though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ostile17 View Post
    Pagliacci, by Leoncavallo, choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne
    I can't find a link to Dai's LP in this thread. Is there one and I just keep missing it?

ETA:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...kSXwGLyMQ&NR=1

That's not Pagliacci. So we must be talking about different programs. May be this link is from last year?
    Last edited by Vash01; 10-07-2012 at 08:55 PM.

Vacant
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I can't find a link to Dai's LP in this thread. Is there one and I just keep missing it?

ETA:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...kSXwGLyMQ&NR=1

That's not Pagliacci. So we must be talking about different programs. May be this link is from last year?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJuEc...hannel&list=UL

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast