Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

vCash
    Buttle looked great - and a 3A!! He's really kept his skills up which is pretty impressive.

vCash
    I adore Mao and I am so glad that she seems to be coming back to life but I'm not in love with her Swan Lake program, at least not yet. Hopefully her new LP will grow on me though as the season progresses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    I adore Mao and I am so glad that she seems to be coming back to life but I'm not in love with her Swan Lake program, at least not yet. Hopefully her new LP will grow on me though as the season progresses.
    The theme for this year seems to be 'boring...old school programs'. I'm struggling to engage in some of this stuff and find myself fast forwarding or stopping the stream saying to myself "I've seen enough...NEXT"

Don't think Suzuki's completely works but has some potential. Applause for doing something a bit different. Love Alena's dress and the music is good, too. I'd like to see that program develop.

vCash
    Buttle
    oh, how I'd love to see him at Worlds and in Sochi...

I really like Mao's Swan Lake. Ashley's S&D - not so much, unfortunately... it seems to me S&D joins the group of overused muzaks .

love Akiko's costume .

Gede is a rockstar, even with that many jump mistakes. Leonova was a hot mess.
    Plushenko - I'm not sure if this "the best of Saint Saens" free works well, but he deserves respect for his amazing jumping abilities (2 quads at 30 - wow!).

Chan - finally, a good programme! I'm not his fan, but I'm so glad he went beyond obvious music choices, decided to skate 2 new programmes this season and expanded his artistic scope. hopefully, jumps m.i.a. was a mere blunder.

Takahashi - honestly, I'm a bit disappointed. less dancing, more dramatic arms flailing plus typical Morozovian crap costume - hmm...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shah View Post
    ....love Akiko's costume .
    That is THE DRESS of the year, so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FAN View Post
    Awww! Gedevanishvilli's LP is so charming! Loved it.

And as a sign of the apocalypse, I didn't hate Plushenko's program! It might be the lack of the violin-on-crack Edvin Marton music, but it's the first time I've enjoyed something from him since his Nijinsky program
    There is still a lot of things U've never seen before...

vCash
    Plushenko.

What can I say? What can anyone say? For all the haters and critics and those who will belittle him at every opportunity they get, no-one can deny his greatness.

Thirty years old, and still landing two quads. Thirty years old, and adding new elements. He is truly unbelievable. I can't wait to see how this looks come Euros.

I love this program, and I love the way he skates it, with passion and fire. And no, he'll never have enough transitions to satisfy the haters but there are more than there were, and put together better too. His program doesn't look cluttered or rushed. It flows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Plushenko.

What can I say? What can anyone say? For all the haters and critics and those who will belittle him at every opportunity they get, no-one can deny his greatness.

Thirty years old, and still landing two quads. Thirty years old, and adding new elements. He is truly unbelievable. I can't wait to see how this looks come Euros.

I love this program, and I love the way he skates it, with passion and fire. And no, he'll never have enough transitions to satisfy the haters but there are more than there were, and put together better too. His program doesn't look cluttered or rushed. It flows.

very well said, my dear!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ItalianFan View Post
    very well said, my dear!
    I agree!

vCash
    Plushenko.

Yep. Definitely

vCash
    I love Plushy's skating, he's unbelievable/

Akiko as well!!!

Love Mao's new LP. The music cut is really good as well as the costume and choreo! Good to see her back in good shape and nice smile again!
    Last edited by ratatouille; 10-13-2012 at 05:07 PM.

vCash
    Just now getting around to watching the vids. Wow. Epic Buttle! Also excited to see the early versions of this seasons programs. It will be interesting to see how these all evolve. I will confess to missing Dai's usual hotness factor within his program. Hopefully we will see some hot Dai in his SP? Good to see Mao. Hopeful that Ashley's program will evolve positively, and that she will get a different color dress. Suzuki is the most beautiful bird ever! Plush is amazing.

SA next weekend! It's finally here!
    Charlie has taught me so much about positivity and your outlook on life, and that it’s your choice in the way you see the world and the way you react to situations. ~Sharna Burgess

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Wow ... Plushy certainly had more of a "program" at the JO this year than I've seen from him in at least 8 years.

Mao was lovely.

I would describe Ashley as having taken it to the next level. Her program is well constructed, she seems very fit, and her jump technique seems better in the air and during the landings (ie not falling).
    Last edited by bardtoob; 10-14-2012 at 06:44 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FAN View Post
    Awww! Gedevanishvilli's LP is so charming! Loved it.

And as a sign of the apocalypse, I didn't hate Plushenko's program! It might be the lack of the violin-on-crack Edvin Marton music, but it's the first time I've enjoyed something from him since his Nijinsky program
    Maybe you didn't see Plushy's programs.

vCash
    Plushenko.

Do you wonder? Look at this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVGRZLmIEIw
    "I have never tried to stop my improvement. The duty of a top athlete is to improve the sport"
    Last edited by lala; 10-14-2012 at 01:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    Do you wonder? Look at this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVGRZLmIEIw
    "I have never tried to stop my improvement. The duty of a top athlete is to improve the sport"
    Thank you. Although I am not a fan, I respect Evgeni greatly. And I have to say that this was really moving, although the music is probably a bit too much. As for "improving the sport" - probably he has a different idea of "improvement" than other people who don't like his skating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Thank you. Although I am not a fan, I respect Evgeni greatly. And I have to say that this was really moving, although the music is probably a bit too much. As for "improving the sport" - probably he has a different idea of "improvement" than other people who don't like his skating.
    Maybe. But if you surf on the Youtube, you will see how many people like him, and how much inspiring personality he is. And his name will be unforgettable, it will be in the sport lexicon, like a best male skater after the Second War( Mr Cinquanta). Nobody can't deny.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    Maybe. But if you surf on the Youtube, you will see how many people like him, and how much inspiring personality he is. And his name will be unforgettable, it will be in the sport lexicon, like a best male skater after the Second War( Mr Cinquanta). Nobody can't deny.
    I agree with
    how many people like him
    name will be unforgettable
    will be in the sport lexicon

These are all facts

Best male skater after the 2nd world war is subjective.
    I personally don't agree - but many might.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    I agree with
    how many people like him
    name will be unforgettable
    will be in the sport lexicon

These are all facts

Best male skater after the 2nd world war is subjective.
    I personally don't agree - but many might.
    I'M curious for your aspects.

vCash
    aspects?

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast