1 0.53%
  • Adelina Sotnikova - 2011

6 3.17%
  • Julia LIpnitskaya - 2012

26 13.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Favourite Junior World Championship win by lady

Which was your favourite Junior World Championship winning performance by a lady
    Last edited by sk8ingcoach; 06-16-2012 at 02:15 PM.

vCash
    So hard to pick just one because there are so many good ones. However i voted Mao Asada because hers was the most brilliant. Honourable mention must go to Yuna, Lipnitskaya, adelina, and also rachael flatt

vCash
    I voted for Rachael Flatt and I'm not the only one ! lol
    I loved that program and she delivered something really strong and beautiful, IMO.

vCash
    I'd take YUna and Julia

YEAH!
    vCash
    Julia Lipnitskaya

vCash
    i like Mao's victory, but I prefer Julia's for the way she performed through out the year. Julia gave consistency a new meaning ..

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    This thread needs links
    Thank you for the links!

Voted for Mao, but I loved Caroline, Adelina and Julia too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    i like Mao's victory, but I prefer Julia's for the way she performed through out the year. Julia gave consistency a new meaning ..
    She really did!!!

Banned Member
    vCash
    I will always be a fan of Ann Patrice McDonough. Here is her junior world winning LP. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0sLt...186EB2887122F4

AP absolutely deserved to win the year before, she lost to a Slutskaya wannabe who never went anywhere after that win. Kristina Oblasova, man it took some stretching to remember that name.

Always loved AP's stunning face and presence and skills on the ice. It is a shame she did not become more recognized. She was nearly perfection on the ice. And say what you will, I loved Julie's creations. The swan outfit was the only one I winced at, but Julie put AP out there dressed immaculately every time. It's a shame injuries derailed her.

ETA: Here is her brilliant SP. I always wondered who choreographed this SP. I've never seen Etude skated any better, it just was perfection. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doBRRA-5mF8
    Last edited by Alex Forrest; 06-17-2012 at 12:06 AM.
    I will not be ignored! -Me

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    My actual favorite was Jenny Kirk's win. She certainly wasn't the one hyped and her win made me smile.

I also love AP's.

From the given list I voted for Caroline zhang.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    It was incredible! Her level of consistency is amazing...best I've seen since the early years of Old Faithful aka Rachael Flatt. For a good two or three years Rachael was the model of consistency, turning in pretty much flawless skates on a regular basis. I've never been a fan of her skating but I admire that consistency b/c it takes a special kind of focus to skate a full program without error multiple times in a row.

Julia seems to have the focus and consistency, plus she has star power which will make her tough to beat if she can keep it up. My only hope is that she branches out in terms of choreographers. Hopefully she'll find someone better than Morosov who makes her do leg extensions in lieu of choreography. She has wonderful qualities about her but if she stays with him, I seriously doubt if we'll ever see them on full display. He'll keep giving her pedestrian choreography with ten leg extensions per routine (to no effect), zero relation to the music...basically the same COP tailored crap he's been putting out for the last few years. It will be a total waste...

She's still got growing to do so we'll have to see if that changes her jumps at all...

vCash
    Michelle Kwan is my #1 & then Jenny Kirk. Of the ones listed, Mao Asada.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Michelle Kwan is my #1 & then Jenny Kirk. Of the ones listed, Mao Asada.
    I was about to mention the Queen!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    I voted for Rachael Flatt and I'm not the only one ! lol
    I loved that program and she delivered something really strong and beautiful, IMO.
    I voted for Mao (loved that Boutique Fantastique program) but Rachael would be a close second and that's coming from a hater. She was so radiant and had a lightness at that competition that I've never seen again in her skating. I really think that if she had worked on her positions and skating skills more that she would have developed into a great artist.

vCash
    Yuna Kim.
    Her win right after 2006 Olympics served as an an early indicaton of what to come for next 4 years and result of next Olympics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Forrest View Post
    I will always be a fan of Ann Patrice McDonough. Here is her junior world winning LP. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0sLt...186EB2887122F4

AP absolutely deserved to win the year before, she lost to a Slutskaya wannabe who never went anywhere after that win. Kristina Oblasova, man it took some stretching to remember that name.

Always loved AP's stunning face and presence and skills on the ice. It is a shame she did not become more recognized. She was nearly perfection on the ice. And say what you will, I loved Julie's creations. The swan outfit was the only one I winced at, but Julie put AP out there dressed immaculately every time. It's a shame injuries derailed her.

ETA: Here is her brilliant SP. I always wondered who choreographed this SP. I've never seen Etude skated any better, it just was perfection. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doBRRA-5mF8
    Thank you for this. I didn't see much of A-P but I thought that she had great potential. There have been a few of the girls who have looked to be on their way to the top with a Jr Worlds win but it just hasn't worked out. I just hope that A-P is happy with whatever she is doing now.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael O'C View Post
    Thank you for this. I didn't see much of A-P but I thought that she had great potential. There have been a few of the girls who have looked to be on their way to the top with a Jr Worlds win but it just hasn't worked out. I just hope that A-P is happy with whatever she is doing now.
    The early 2000s were strange in the US. So much talent, and so much of it fizzled. I was internet pals with a mother of a talented skater who early in those internet years was relentless against two of her daughter's main threats, those being Sasha Cohen and Ann Patrice McDonough. Not a peep about Hughes, Nikodinov, Wheat, Stellato. Just Sasha and AP. They were the 'threats'.

I suppose it was 2003 Nationals that I spent some time with Julie McDonough. We had met when AP won Jrs in 2000. I sat with her during many practices, and I'd heard the bad talk about her, and saw the creepy "You will skate" interview on Lifetime, so of course I found myself next to her to get the up close on her. Let me tell you, Julie was brimming with pride over her daughter, and I came away from Dallas thinking that this is a woman who absolutely loves her daughter and is proud to be her mother. I didn't have the inside scoop at ColSpgs so I can only tell you my impression. I didn't get 'crazy skate parent' from Julie. Danny Kwan? That's another story.

I'm only writing this because it does seem like such a loss when a talented junior just disappears. AP had her foot/ankle injury and it ended. But when I watch AP and especially her Etude Op.25 I am happy that she became the skater she did, she was one of the top five skaters on the PLANET in 02/03 in my opinion. She deserves recognition for her insane skills, her musicality, and her grit. It didn't work out, but hey, that's why people like me post her YT links to remind people.
    I will not be ignored! -Me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Forrest View Post

I suppose it was 2003 Nationals that I spent some time with Julie McDonough. We had met when AP won Jrs in 2000. I sat with her during many practices, and I'd heard the bad talk about her, and saw the creepy "You will skate" interview on Lifetime, so of course I found myself next to her to get the up close on her. Let me tell you, Julie was brimming with pride over her daughter, and I came away from Dallas thinking that this is a woman who absolutely loves her daughter and is proud to be her mother. I didn't have the inside scoop at ColSpgs so I can only tell you my impression. I didn't get 'crazy skate parent' from Julie. Danny Kwan? That's another story.

I'm only writing this because it does seem like such a loss when a talented junior just disappears. AP had her foot/ankle injury and it ended. But when I watch AP and especially her Etude Op.25 I am happy that she became the skater she did, she was one of the top five skaters on the PLANET in 02/03 in my opinion. She deserves recognition for her insane skills, her musicality, and her grit. It didn't work out, but hey, that's why people like me post her YT links to remind people.
    Thanks for sharing. It always disturbed me to see posts written about AP and her mom and how people were SURE that AP was miserable the entire time she skated and that her mom was wretched. The truth is, AP must have loved skating on some level and her mom was probably not nearly as bad as she was made out to be. As fans who have only a tiny window into their lives as we watch from our couches, we will never know the whole story. It reminds me of what was said about Caroline Zhang over the past few years and all the "she looks miserable and hates skating" talk. I was glad to see Caroline speak out in an icenetwork article and say that yes she was frustrated, but she always loved skating.

vCash
    Realizing how much untapped potential Rachael Flatt had always makes me feel a little disappointed for her. But whatever. I voted for hers. This was a time when she seemed like a truly brilliant up-and-comer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast