• Tonya Harding

2 1.24%
  • Patrick Chan

2 1.24%
  • Surya Bonaly

6 3.73%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Should I decide to submit a vote, I'll certainly go for Sonja Henie. I need to know if Diva is a rather positive term like "gorgeous and drawing all the attention decidedly" or a negative one like "bitch with excessive self confidence". If the latter is meant, I wouldn't submit any vote, I don't want to offend anyone, today or past, dead or alive.

Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    I voted for Moir, but my first thought went to Skary Babs!
    Barbara was certainly a queen, and gentle Maurizio let her shine. But I don't think she ever acted decidedly like a diva or something. Neither do I see her look at Maurizio as a "death stare" - this term has become legendary, but I watched it live on TV then in 2006 and watched it several times on vids from different broadcasts in order to see it from different camera angles, just to get sure about my point of view on this historical moment. I don't think she wanted to stare him down, neither does it look to me that she wanted to blame or accuse him... they both look at each other, Maurizio is saying something (has anyone ever found out what he said?), and Barbara's eyes seem to say "tell me it's not true, wake me up, pinch me..." much rather than "I kill you". I love them for their heartbreaking embrace after their free dance one day later. Not at all a "Diva".

vCash
    I'm another one who doesn't think it was a "death stare" (and being able to interpret body language is an important part of my work).

To me she looks much more like she's freaked out, trying to process what just happened and not being able to (like her brain has jammed up and isn't processing anything). She's looking to him for some clue. It's not "how kood you!?" but "What the hell?!? What do we do now???"

I think she was kind of a diva at other times, but to me that's a good thing.

But I still maintain that the biggest diva / drama queen of all time was Toller Cranston and won't vote for anyone till he's added.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Butz View Post
    Scary !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123