Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1004

vCash
    Or, there's always the "Joyous Jason" thread that sprang up spontaneously after TEB.

It's Josh that needs a new thread--what should his be called?

vCash
    How about: Joshua Farris, Gladiator on the Rise.

For Jason, I vote:

Wood Nymph with Ponytail Power

Or: Riverdance Your Heart Out

Or: Jason Answers the Question!

vCash
    Jason made AOL/ Huffington Post news as "America's new favorite Olympic skater". Is media going to promote him, sort of like Shaun White? I am very curious where it leads, and hope Jason keeps his cool thorugh it all. Olympics are too close. Though I have great trust in Kori and Jason.
    My favorite thread name is the one about cat gif.
    Do not think it could be " we were ubers before 2014..." because Jason is building his fan base, we cannot be uppity))
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    I, too, will miss this thread, but I must say, all along I have regarded Jason and Joshua as two totally different skaters. Sure they were at the same level when they were
    younger, however, one of them rose to the top in time for the Olympics while the other had so many issues to deal with. The window is very small in this sport. Go Jason 2014! His lp video has reached over 1.4 million. Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Please don't do this again. They are two completely different skaters and just because you like them both doesn't mean that everybody else does.

vCash
    For Josh, I really liked the "Not Allergic to Gold" suggestion from earlier

I like "Riverdance Your Heart Out".

Another one could be "Reel Around Sochi"!

vCash
    I'm sure Joshua is great, but I really only care about Jason, so I definitely support separate threads.

vCash
    I have a VERY soft spot for Josh for a variety of reasons ( one of them goes back to 2009 watching a video from JGP in Bosphorus and e-mailing my skating friends- "look at this guy, I think he has more in him musically than what he shows" and maintaining that conviction for years, so now when Josh is doing his choreo and going all emo I quietly squeal to myself "I knew it!"). Regardless, I think he is a special skater. But i am going to question whether he needs his own thread here and now. If it languishes after 4CC, it'll get lost. Should we wait till next year, while keeping the info on Josh , Richard etc in the main Men's thread? Or will there be a way to resurrect the thread later? "Not Allergic to Gold" is funny and rather bull's eye, IMO.
    improving my ballad- like lines

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    I think "Not Allergic to Gold" is awesome. I hope Josh at 4CC!
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    Is it too early to speculate about the 2014-15 seasons?

I think Josh will medal at 4 Continents, be invited to a couple of the post Olympic skating tour stops, 1 Disson show, two Grand Prix events, and will medal at both.

I think Jason will get TV time at the Olympics (being shown marching with the athletes at Opening Ceremonies, etc.), make top 10 at the Olympics, get a handful of post Olympic tour stops, 1 maybe 2 Disson shows, be invited to the same Grand Prix events he did this season (SA seems obvious), where he will medal or not depending on his quad (if he lands it, for certain; if he falls, perhaps not).

I also think whoever the US sends a year from now to Worlds 2015 will secure 3 spots for US men, which will be maintained for the following 4-8 years (I am very positive about the young American men skaters).

vCash
    Yes, wayyyyyyyyyyy too early to speculate. This season isn't even over yet.

I do hope that both young men get some show engagements this summer. They are special talents that will bring ticket buyers to any show. Especially with Jason's newfound popularity.

I think that Jason and Max are more than capable of bringing back the three spots this year rather than next.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    If Jason and Josh could get spots at the SOI tour stop in Chicago (where I have tickets), I would be ecstatic.

vCash
    Hoping Jason makes a return visit to Detroit for SOI

vCash
    Oooh, maybe I'll have to shell out money for SOI if Jason does the Chicago stop. That would be kewl.

I was watching some of Jason's old programs today and thinking about what sort of program he might do next year...with the exception of Riverdance, all of his recent LP's have been very slow-to-building orchestrations (Nutcracker, Avatar, Liebstraumcantspell). He did a Latin-style SP in 2011, I think? I would LOVE to see him do it as an LP next year. It would also give him another reason to keep the pony at least one more season (since it would go with the Latin image and costume very well!).

Anyway, I thought Jason was getting his own thread?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    Oooh, maybe I'll have to shell out money for SOI if Jason does the Chicago stop. That would be kewl.

I was watching some of Jason's old programs today and thinking about what sort of program he might do next year...with the exception of Riverdance, all of his recent LP's have been very slow-to-building orchestrations (Nutcracker, Avatar, Liebstraumcantspell). He did a Latin-style SP in 2011, I think? I would LOVE to see him do it as an LP next year. It would also give him another reason to keep the pony at least one more season (since it would go with the Latin image and costume very well!).

Anyway, I thought Jason was getting his own thread?

2010-2011 SP was to Baliwood by San Francisco-based band King City: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaTW6dT3Yjc
    2011-2012 SP was to Grand Guignol by Argentinian-based electrotango band Bajofondo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xAG9G_m_IM <--- I'm guessing this is the on you're thinking. It's also my favorite SP of his (though I do like the revamped Question of U program for this year).

I love how he's skated to some really obscure music...I never heard of either of these groups until Jason skated to their music. Bajofondo played at SXSW this year so Jason skated to them before even the hipsters in Austin caught on!

A Latin FS would be awesome, but part of me would love if they did something completely different. What that looks like I have no idea!

We still got a few posts left with this thread... The two titles for Jason's solo thread that seem to have traction were "Riverdance your heart out" and "Some Day is Today." So I guess we can decide one one or the other.
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 01-21-2014 at 04:23 AM.

vCash
    The first one that you posted was the one I was thinking about; got my dates mixed up but yeah. I would love to see him expand on that style next year; I think he would be good at it. "Something completely different"; I have no idea what that would be since Jason seems to already do a ton of different things, lol. I mean, Prince and Riverdance in one season ain't nothing to sneeze at. He's done movie scores and ballets and all sorts of things. I have no idea what else he could do to be insanely different but I'm sure it would be great.

As far as thread titles go, I have to vote for Some Day is Today because it was mine but I defer to the general public's opinion.

vCash
    The first one that you posted was the one I was thinking about; got my dates mixed up but yeah. I would love to see him expand on that style next year; I think he would be good at it. "Something completely different"; I have no idea what that would be since Jason seems to already do a ton of different things, lol. I mean, Prince and Riverdance in one season ain't nothing to sneeze at. He's done movie scores and ballets and all sorts of things. I have no idea what else he could do to be insanely different but I'm sure it would be great.

As far as thread titles go, I have to vote for Some Day is Today because it was mine but I defer to the general public's opinion.
    And the Riverdance one is mine.... But yes, I'm fine with whatever title people like better.

Honestly, he probably could skate to elevator music and make it work somehow! So year, probably whatever he skates to will be awesome. I guess when I mean "Something completely different" i mean something that nobody would have thought of.

vCash
    Then I guess it wouldn't be any good to try and speculate if we never would have thought of it. JK!

One thing I do have to applaud Jason, Kori and Rohene for is their music choices for him. I'm one of those semi-cultured people who really appreciates good music and interpretation BUT, I don't care how famous or beautiful a piece of music is; if you can't make me care, I will not and do not care. But Jason has skated to some REALLY good pieces, especially his LP's. I mean, "Flow Like Water" is one of my most favorite soundtrack bits EVER and he skated to that, so yeah, pretty good taste going on over there. Plus, I mean, Riverdance...who doesn't love Riverdance?!

And howabout we compromise on the title: "Today is the Day to Riverdance"?

vCash
    Jason Brown NEEDS to do a FS to this music next season: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjeHLV2WidE

Panpipes of the Andes (Sikuriadas and Cacharpaya). The program would be LEGENDARY, he would take it to new heights.

vCash
    Then I guess it wouldn't be any good to try and speculate if we never would have thought of it. JK!

One thing I do have to applaud Jason, Kori and Rohene for is their music choices for him. I'm one of those semi-cultured people who really appreciates good music and interpretation BUT, I don't care how famous or beautiful a piece of music is; if you can't make me care, I will not and do not care. But Jason has skated to some REALLY good pieces, especially his LP's. I mean, "Flow Like Water" is one of my most favorite soundtrack bits EVER and he skated to that, so yeah, pretty good taste going on over there. Plus, I mean, Riverdance...who doesn't love Riverdance?!

And howabout we compromise on the title: "Today is the Day to Riverdance"?
    Well, my husband. But he was totally sold on Jason's program when we saw it in Boston, so I guess it's all good.

I do appreciate that they are looking unconventional places for program music, hence my excitement at the prospect that Team Brown will expose me to some new band I've never heard of.

That thread title sounds fantastic to me.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    .Plus, I mean, Riverdance...who doesn't love Riverdance?!
    I actually despise Riverdance. Like usually cover my ears when the music is played. Jason's program is the only time I've ever been able to enjoy the music, so that says a lot for his entertainment skills!

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast