Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I came across these 16 practice photos of Josh at Rostelecom Cup in Moscow (before his WD): http://victoriasha.gallery.ru/watch?a=33D-lc1v
    Thanks for the pictures, those are very nice! Josh has matured a lot facially since the last couple of seasons. I still can't get over how leggy he is though, he's always been that way since he was little, but I thought he'd eventually grow into his legs but I don't think he's grown for a few years now and yet he still has that "all legs" look. I guess some people never lose it, but at least it can make for nice lines.

vCash
    These are lovely, thanks Sylvia!

Aahhh, can't wait for Nationals!

vCash
    Well, it's the 15th here, so...

Happy 19th birthday Jason!

How time flies!

vCash
    Happy birthday Jason!!!

His new website is up!
    http://figureskatersonline.com/jasonbrown/

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    I featured Josh's Clair de Lune program today in the Monday Moves series on my blog.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    USFSA showed an hour of practice today on Google Hangout from the World Arena with Josh, Agnes, Max, and Angela. Josh did a run-through of his FS without the jumps and then answered a few questions afterward (including mine about how long it took him to choreograph his programs ). The video is archived here. Josh's run-through starts around the 42-minute mark.
    Last edited by TanithandBenFan; 12-18-2013 at 09:13 PM.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    Oh Josh looks fantastic! You would never guess he had been injured. So glad!

vCash
    This may have been discussed previously, but I was just checking out the IN interview with Jason Brown that took place during U.S. sectionals and is available for free viewing on IN. It was very interesting to learn that Jason's Mom used to be a producer for The Arsenio Hall Show and that's one of the reasons why Arsenio says Jason Brown is his favorite figure skater. Arsenio has even attended a few skating events where Jason competed.

vCash
    There was an Arsenio Hall connection to Jason Brown article by Sarah Brannen this past fall - it's linked from the News page of Jason's official site and titled "Brown’s biggest fan? Why, Arsenio Hall, of course (Icenetwork.com / September 6, 2013)" - it even includes a photo of Hall smooching baby Jason!
    Last edited by Sylvia; 12-30-2013 at 01:54 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Jason's new blog is up

web.icenetwork.com/news/2013/12/29/66234032/jason-the-dream-browns-life-as-a-senior-begins?tcid=tw_share

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    There was an Arsenio Hall connection to Jason Brown article by Sarah Brannen this past fall - it's linked from the News page of Jason's official site and titled "Brown’s biggest fan? Why, Arsenio Hall, of course (Icenetwork.com / September 6, 2013)" - it even includes a photo of Hall smooching baby Jason!
    Awww, what a cute cute baby was Jason! (And, of course, how could he not have been?)What a sweet pic of Jason as a baby with Arsenio. A great story too about Jason's Mom, Marla's long-lasting friendship and professional partnership with Arsenio. Thanks for posting that article and noting the accompanying photo, Sylvia.

vCash
    Reading Jason's blog continues to be a joy.

vCash
    Jason's level of adorable continues to be off the scale! He's soooooooooo sweet!

Meanwhile, everyone appears to have forgotten Joshua again. That's okay. That suits me fine. Everyone forgot him last year, too. Keep on forgetting him, people...he will force you to remember.

vCash
    Tweeted on @LynnRutherford:
    On his teleconference @jasonbskates said he's working on his quad every day, but it will not be in programs at '14 US Championships.

For quad, Brown & coach Kori Ade are sticking with same strategy they used for 3A: "Not pushing too hard, not risking integrity of programs"

The strategy may work; w/o quad Brown scored 84.77 for his short during Grand Prix. Will focus on flow in & out of jumps to gain higher GOE.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I'm not disappointed that he's not including the quad - I'd rather see him give it time, like the 3A, and be as beautiful as his 3A was when he started landing it!

vCash
    He's following the strategy best for him...good move!

vCash
    Oh, misskarne! I haven't seen anyone in this thread going on in an annoying way about people "forgetting" about Jason when there happens to be more at certain times being posted about Joshua. For goodness sakes, maybe at this point these two wonderful young skaters and exceptional young men with separate (albeit initially entertwining) careers should have separate uber-related threads instead of a combined one, mainly so that your feelings won't get hurt in regard to posts about Jason and non-posts about Joshua. Egads!

I wish both of them well in their careers in skating, and I hope they will each be proud of their individual showings at U.S. Nationals in Boston.

vCash
    Go back and re-read misskarne's post. She said that people were forgetting Joshua again, not Jason. I think this thread needs to be terminated and a separate thread should be started for each one of these skaters. They were only initially noted for skating in the same level at the same age. Nothing about them is similar at the present time. We haven't forgotten about Joshua, but the posts have been about Jason because of his consistency and talents throughout this year. Joshua will skate at Nationals but we haven't seen a lot of him this year. Good luck to all skaters in Boston!

Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Oh, misskarne! I haven't seen anyone in this thread going on in an annoying way about people "forgetting" about Jason when there happens to be more at certain times being posted about Joshua. For goodness sakes, maybe at this point these two wonderful young skaters and exceptional young men with separate (albeit initially entertwining) careers should have separate uber-related threads instead of a combined one, mainly so that your feelings won't get hurt in regard to posts about Jason and non-posts about Joshua. Egads!

I wish both of them well in their careers in skating, and I hope they will each be proud of their individual showings at U.S. Nationals in Boston.

vCash
    Ah yes, scheffie! It's very true that perhaps one of the reasons not a lot is currently being posted about Joshua is that he's been injured and we haven't seen a lot of him lately. What we have seen of his Schindler's List looks very promising.

FYI, I was actually pointing out to misskarne that I personally haven't seen the opposite to what she's complaining about, i.e., posters in this thread taking offense that there aren't enough posts about Jason, anytime there happens to be more posts about Joshua. I realize that misskarne seems to be confusingly annoyed that few appear to be currently posting a lot about Joshua in this thread. It's pretty clear to me that there are a lot of posts currently about Jason because he's been more visible recently and he's had significant success in his senior GP series debut. In what universe does that mean anyone is intentionally "forgetting" about Joshua!?

ITA with you scheffie that at this point (and as this thread is definitely winding to a close anyway), two separate threads are in order to celebrate these two worthy and talented young men! At the least, separate threads may assist misskarne in calming her unfounded worries regarding quantity of posts for Joshua.

vCash
    I really agree there is no reason for the thread to be shared.

Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast