Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    what a glorious day!
    vCash
    Oh, man. I'm so sorry to hear Josh is injured. I was so looking forward to seeing his FS again. Hope he takes the time to heal properly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PairSk8Fan View Post
    This is so unfortunate, and given the prior history of injury, I am not surprised and am kind of relieved he decided not to skate while injured.
    Joshua's last major injury was in January 2011...yes, everything before that is very bad and extremely unlucky but he's actually had a very good run...since leaving Tom Zakrasjek.

Which is also a point I believe pertains to the second part of your statement...somehow I think that he wasn't getting any pressure to skate this time.

I really hope it's not serious. I want to see him skate Schindler's List clean at least once this season!

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Joshua's last major injury was in January 2011...yes, everything before that is very bad and extremely unlucky but he's actually had a very good run...since leaving Tom Zakrasjek.

Which is also a point I believe pertains to the second part of your statement...somehow I think that he wasn't getting any pressure to skate this time.

I really hope it's not serious. I want to see him skate Schindler's List clean at least once this season!
    I believe that given the circumstances of the January 2011 injury that he will forever be the one to decide how he deals with his injuries without anyone else's influence or unsolicited advice. That whole incident was OTT.

vCash
    Sorry to hear Josh is injured I agree though- after his nationals injury, it is no surprise at all he won't chance skating on it. I feel like he really 'needed' this competition to solidify his position going into nationals this year; but being healthy enough to skate at nationals is more important.

vCash
    I was looking forward to seeing Josh skate all week.

I still have nightmares about his KNC during Nat's so it's good to be cautious.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Clearly never trust my good feelings

Josh has withdrawn from CoR.

EDIT:

I hope it's not serious.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    So sad about Joshua's injury. Not an easy year for him so far. Best wishes, hope he comes back strong at Nationals.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Right now i give Jason the inside track for making the Olympic team over Josh. Not only has Jason competed much more but he's been more impressive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Right now i give Jason the inside track for making the Olympic team over Josh. Not only has Jason competed much more but he's been more impressive.
    I agree, but if Josh can recover from this injury and skates clean at Nationals I think he will gain a ton of ground on Jason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronwynsings View Post
    I agree, but if Josh can recover from this injury and skates clean at Nationals I think he will gain a ton of ground on Jason.
    Yes, regardless of what happened during the GP, the top two performances at U.S. Nationals is what counts.

But I'm sure it's a boost to Jason's confidence that he has the highest GP (and overall) SP score out of the men. I expect the SP streak to continue at Nationals. The FS is a bigger question mark for me. We know he can score high with a nearly-clean effort, but we also know that he can scored quite low with too many mistakes.

In 2012, Jason was in the final group but then dropped to 9th after a 14th place FS. And last year he was in 7th and dropped to 8th after a FS with two falls and a 3A<<. But we also saw Jason rise up to the occasion in 2011 with a stellar 7th place FS (without a 3A) that raised him up two spots.

So who knows....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Jason has only done one more competition than Joshua, and that's because Joshua is now injuried.

Jason: Glacier Falls, Nebelhorn Trophy, Skate America, TEB
    Joshua: Vail Invitational, US International Classic, Skate Canada, CoR (WD)

Granted, Jason has been on the ball immediately, whereas Josh has taken his steady time getting everything ready, but what's going to count is what goes down in January, and if this slow start for Josh means he nails it in Boston, then I'm all for it!

vCash
    Looking at the list of qualifiers to the GPF, and Jason is the 3rd alternate behind Adam Rippon. Not likely he'll skate, but you never know! Still very good for him in his first senior season.

vCash
    Jason has only done one more competition than Joshua, and that's because Joshua is now injuried.

Jason: Glacier Falls, Nebelhorn Trophy, Skate America, TEB
    Joshua: Vail Invitational, US International Classic, Skate Canada, CoR (WD)

Granted, Jason has been on the ball immediately, whereas Josh has taken his steady time getting everything ready, but what's going to count is what goes down in January, and if this slow start for Josh means he nails it in Boston, then I'm all for it!
    I like Josh a lot but it's silly to say that Josh less one competition is on the same trajectory as Jason. Josh's internationals this season were a bit of a mess, and now with injury he's set back a bit. Jason has had 2 very good internationals, one so-so one. Josh is helped out by his higher BV but I would be very surprised if he made the Olympic team this year.

vCash
    I'm surprised by the blogs that post about Josh's chances of making the Olympic team. I don't think he's ready mentally or physically, even if he does skate clean
    at Nationals. They will send the more consistent, more experienced skaters.

Quote Originally Posted by valyrian View Post
    I like Josh a lot but it's silly to say that Josh less one competition is on the same trajectory as Jason. Josh's internationals this season were a bit of a mess, and now with injury he's set back a bit. Jason has had 2 very good internationals, one so-so one. Josh is helped out by his higher BV but I would be very surprised if he made the Olympic team this year.

vCash
    So sorry to hear about Josh's injury! Though there is never a 'good' time to sustain an injury, the timing is so unfortunate. I was looking forward to his performances at RC but I'm glad that he wasn't pushed to compete and instead withdrew. Here's hoping for an easy (and timely) recovery!

vCash
    Jason Brown interview 11/23/13 [via Skype]
    Watch an interview with Jason Brown during icenetwork's coverage of U.S. sectionals.
    http://web.icenetwork.com/video/v31239921

I believe this is not geoblocked?
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Jason Brown interview 11/23/13 [via Skype]
    Watch an interview with Jason Brown during icenetwork's coverage of U.S. sectionals.
    http://web.icenetwork.com/video/v31239921

I believe this is not geoblocked?
    Not geoblocked. I can access it without logging in, from Europe.
    Jason is lovely.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Some GREAT news!

@joshDfarris Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving! I am thankful to be back on the ice & training. See you in Boston!
    Hooray!

vCash
    I came across these 16 practice photos of Josh at Rostelecom Cup in Moscow (before his WD): http://victoriasha.gallery.ru/watch?a=33D-lc1v
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I came across these 16 practice photos of Josh at Rostelecom Cup in Moscow (before his WD): http://victoriasha.gallery.ru/watch?a=33D-lc1v
    Thanks for sharing the link! Josh is so soulful and really has an artistic sensibility that I find very appealing. I am wishing only the best for him and Jason in Boston! Let's go guys!!

Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast