Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    where all the boys, men, wolves, jocks, otters, cubs, & bears are ;)
    vCash
    Can we please just go ahead and send both Jason and Joshua to the Olympics in Sochi! I am such a fanboy of both of them! LOVE 'EM!!

vCash
    Jason Brown is one of the most brilliant figure skaters of all time. Every movement of his programs puts him at the top of the list. The perfection is mind boggling. Can't wait
    to see what is in store for him when he lands his first quad in competition. Jason deserves to go to the Olympics. I don't even care what he does in the long tomorrow, but
    wishing him well. He's superior to most skaters, and fans of the pure art of skating are catching on.

Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Can we please just go ahead and send both Jason and Joshua to the Olympics in Sochi! I am such a fanboy of both of them! LOVE 'EM!!

vCash
    Thanks so much for the link misskarne!

Jason is making a really strong case for the Olympics so far... If he can pull off a medal today I think that will put him even more into the conversation, and as said, his SP score would definitely be an asset during the team competition

vCash
    Shhhhhhhhhh!

Don't jinx it!

In all honesty, Jason is a pretty smart guy. The experience at SkAm will have been filed under "what not to do". I wouldn't mind betting we'll be seeing a calmer Jason tonight...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    But then Adam can't go

It's so sad how few spots there are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    I find that very surprising, on both counts. They're both two of the most naturally musical male skaters in the US today, here I was assuming each of them played at least one instrument. ITA that they should both learn an instrument when they retire.
    Jason just told me that he ´has ben playing piano!

vCash
    *immediately jealous of Finnice*

You mean, this morning? Or just generally? There was an icenetwork article a few seasons back where they mentioned that he was fairly accomplished on the piano.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    In all honesty, Jason is a pretty smart guy. The experience at SkAm will have been filed under "what not to do". I wouldn't mind betting we'll be seeing a calmer Jason tonight...
    ITA! And as someone who was at SA during his long, I personally couldn't really pick up on his nervousness initially. Then again, I may have just been too excited about seeing him skate in person to notice!

vCash
    Ah, it was obvious to me the second I saw the video; he was breathing really deeply and heavily even as the music started. I've only ever seen him do that once before - right before his SP in Courchevel last year, with much the same result.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Jun Y's post #732 included an excerpt from the recent Skate Guard blog interview about Jason playing the piano.

New interview with Jason and Kori Ade by J-C Berlot: Joyous Brown becomes an overnight Paris sensation (love the Rohene mutual admiration society exchange at the end! )

P.S. to dinakt: Thanks so much for your thoughtful and thought-provoking reply in post #738 - I think it would make a fascinating discussion topic on its own?
    Last edited by Sylvia; 11-16-2013 at 01:47 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Oh, thankyou Sylvia! (Always can rely on you for articles!)

Love the quip about his glasses. I wonder how bad his eyesight really is. It must be fairly ordinary. I know I would be too terrified to even skate a lap without mine on, let alone even attempt a waltz jump, and here he is reeling off triples like they're nothing. Placement of elements must be super important.

vCash
    Can't really add much to this thread other than to say how much I love Jason. He's just so wonderful. And honestly, I feel he's second to none in his attention to detail, the complexity of his movement, and his musical interpretation. It was so interesting to see Jason and Patrick in the same competition for the first time. Although Patrick has stronger edges and greater speed, I couldn't help but notice that Jason has more refined details in his program and what looks like harder choreography (to me, anyhow). The difficulty of the transitional twizzles, steps, spirals, and leaps Jason does just astounds me. And he does it all with such ease!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    New interview with Jason and Kori Ade by J-C Berlot: Joyous Brown becomes an overnight Paris sensation
    Well, it just proves that the fanfare for Brown at Skate America was not entirely due to home advantage (where at least half of the audience was Japanese).

vCash
    Congratulations to Jason Brown for winning his first senior grand prix medal!

vCash
    I am so, so happy for Jason and slightly gleeful about all his naysayers who said that he would stagnate. The guy gets 158+ with one triple axel in his first GP season. Just wait till he has 2 3A and maybe a quad. Somehow I think it is coming.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    I'm sure it will; as he gains even more experience and the confidence that comes with that.
    I'm delighted for Jason.

vCash
    Congrats to Jason. His joy on the medal stand was wonderful to see.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

ridin my horse named Bob
    vCash
    GO JASON GO!!! MAKE THEM SEND YOU THE OLYMPICS!! :-D
    PLUSHENKO YOU ARE ALWAYS THE BEST

vCash
    I am so incredibly proud of Jason! If he can get a quad, he is going to become a monster!!

Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast