Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

vCash
    He was just stunning in the SP, and his reaction after the marks wa fab. I love his skating and personality, and he is still very young. I hope ha will see him skating long and winning a lot of different titles.

vCash
    JBrown is winning me over. I still don't think his jumps are that great (except the tano 3lz), but everything else he does is sublime. His spins are the Czisny equivalent of the men's field and I love how he just immerses himself into the character of the program on the step sequence. Also nice to see him getting PCS he deserves out on the senior ranks, I think it's awesome he's in 2nd ahead of all those big names at SA! I also think his skating has gotten faster since last season, which is great and adds a new dimension to everything. Costume is weird but better than last year, I finally understand the baggy pants I think, he is soo thin through the lower body!

vCash

Jason's brilliance

Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    JBrown is winning me over. I still don't think his jumps are that great (except the tano 3lz), but everything else he does is sublime. His spins are the Czisny equivalent of the men's field and I love how he just immerses himself into the character of the program on the step sequence. Also nice to see him getting PCS he deserves out on the senior ranks, I think it's awesome he's in 2nd ahead of all those big names at SA! I also think his skating has gotten faster since last season, which is great and adds a new dimension to everything. Costume is weird but better than last year, I finally understand the baggy pants I think, he is soo thin through the lower body!

Glad to read that some of you fans are finally catching on to the fact that Jason's skating skills are superior to most of the men's skating. His brilliance speaks for itself. I wish him the best of luck at Nationals and beyond. He also speaks kindly and his humility will keep him shining. I've watched him for many years and he just continues to prove himself as a contender. What a role model for the United States in men's figure skating.

vCash
    Jason is one of the reasons why I'm looking forward to Nationals so much!

vCash
    Jason was very tight tonight. He was landing 3A left and right in the practice session and at least 1 during warmup.

vCash
    Jason was visibly nervous tonight but he got the loudest cheers from the audience. I'm sure his nerves will be worked out come TEB.

vCash
    Not bad at all, if skated clean he would've medalled imho. And since he's not doing a quad, he *must* skate clean, no question about it in order to medal on the big international stage, and mayhap even at Nationals, especially if the others skate clean with quads. However, if they fail, then he has a chance to win it all at Nationals. jmho.

vCash
    Ooops, forgot to add Joshua Farris, it'll be interesting to see how he skates on the Sr. GP...

vCash
    Seeing Jason live was AMAZING. He filled the ice and was the most phenomenal skate outside of Machida. Riverdance is such a great program for him and I am just so incredibly glad that I had the chance to see it live. No matter what Jason should be proud!

vCash
    Getting PCS in the 8s in your first GP is something. They could still be higher though. Love that he and Rippon were killing Aaron in PCS.

Anyways, perhaps the 3axel3toe is a bad idea. Better just do 3axel2toe and 3axel, and tag the 3toe onto the 3flip.

vCash
    Fifth in his maiden GP is something to really be excited about, especially since he only found out about this one quite late.

Now it's Josh's turn to make a splash! Skate Canada up next!

EDIT:

Yay, I got to watch a video.

Jason has a special magic that isn't common amongst skaters - and particularly not of his age. He smiles that infectious smile and you feel like clapping anyway. The crowd was definitely sold anyway, they were cheering loudly for that first spiral (which, admittedly, is very cheer-worthy!).

I haven't seen him breathing that hard before the program and looking that nervous since JGP Courchevel last year. He looked just like that before the SP at that event and the SP was, by his standards, a disaster. So getting a bit too wound up is something that he's just going to have to work through. It was only his first Senior GP so it'll come, he'll learn to handle it with time.

He was definitely off the music though, and a lot of his elements looked almost panicked, like, oh my gosh, I have to chase this music down! He was definitely rushing through both step sequences, and he didn't take his usual lines into either 3A.

But that moment right before the first step sequence, where he's just finished the spin, the crowd is up and clapping and with him, and the music is building - and he pivots in front of the crowd with that huge grin - that's just a winning moment. He suckers them all in and he knows it and he loves it. He's never had to play to a crowd this size before and he's fantastic at it.

Okay, Josh. Next weekend is Skate Canada. Jason has set the tone. What can you give us? (Looking forward to the delish tango again!)
    Last edited by misskarne; 10-20-2013 at 08:34 AM.

vCash
    Re-posting from GSD : http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...or-Josh-Farris
    Quote Originally Posted by joeperryfan View Post
    Josh Farris has a brand new site on FSO, which I designed btw.

Let me know what you think of it!

Official Website of Josh Farris
    Last edited by Sylvia; 10-21-2013 at 07:36 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun Y View Post
    I think Jason Brown was not at an obvious disadvantage in speed in comparison with the best Japanese skaters. Watching them live, he is but slightly slower than Kozuka and Takahashi, but not obviously slower than Machida. His ice coverage is excellent. The quality of his skating skills is on par with Machida, behind Kozuka and Takahashi, and ahead of the other 2 American men. Although Aaron is also fast and powerful, he lacks the effortlessness and smoothness that come with pure technique.

And then there is his exquisite sense of timing that is matched by no one except Takahashi. I am not exaggerating. This is what 9.5 in Interpretation looks like.

There are few things in life that can compare to the thrill of seeing his tano triple Lutz. It's unbelievably beautiful. You have to see it live to get this tingle in your spine. I could barely detect the landing; it just flutters and floats softly without a ripple, light as a feather, and right on the music cue. Who says jumps cannot be artistic or beautiful or emotionally moving?
    Thank you for posting this. Those of us lucky enough to be in the arena to see the last practice before the men's free skate saw what Jason was capable of. FTR, I never liked Riverdance - until now! Jason skated with such assurance, such absolute joy, that he received the largest and longest ovation of any of the skaters.

My thought as I watched him, "OMG, he loves what he is doing!" I hope he never loses that love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Meredith View Post
    My thought as I watched him, "OMG, he loves what he is doing!" I hope he never loses that love.
    That is exactly what I told him when I spoke to him on Sunday. He said that yes, he absolutely LOVES to be out there and LOVES to perform and I said, yep, it's obvious, and don't ever change!!
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Many thanks for telling Jason that; and sharing what he said with us!

vCash
    New Icenetwork article by Sarah Brannen: Eager Farris battles nerves before Skate Canada
    Excerpt:
    In Salt Lake City, Farris stepped out of a quad toe in the short program and replaced the quad with a triple in the free. He has worked on other quad jumps, including the flip.

"Flip would probably be the easiest for me, but I get the edge call sometimes, so I don't want to run that risk," he said. "I've actually tried all the quads in the harness, other than Axel, obviously. Loop and Lutz were probably the easiest."

For now, he has a quad toe in both the short and the free skate, although he hopes to have two in the free skate eventually.

"In the short, I want to skate clean, confident, do what I know how to do, and then go all out in the long."

Farris says the quad has improved a lot over the last month.

"So much better, oh my god. Ever since I got back from Salt Lake, I was like, 'OK, I need to turn this around.' They're so much more consistent now, more consistent than they've ever been."
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash

Quad....flip...?

Okay, fine, here's my heart, look after it, it may not survive the season if you and Jason keep this up.

vCash
    Nice article about Joshua. He comes across as introspective, cerebral, shy, and nice. And I like how involved he gets into music, not just his own. Btw, I was surprised he didn't toe the party line and pick an American man as the one(s) he most looks up to (and I agree with him about Mr. Daisuke Takahashi; it doesn't get better than that).

GOOOOOOOOOOOO JOSH!!!

vCash
    Frankly I was not a big fan of Jason Brown's Riverdance free skate. At Skate America he was too nervous to skate to its full potential, including the nonjumping aspects. But still, it was abundantly clear that he, like his role model Ryan Bradley, loves to perform to the audience. That's what he does for me. Because he loves it so much, he moves me to love it more. I look forward to seeing him killing it in Boston.

vCash
    I suppose it was always on the cards. Max did it too - got too nervous and too wound up and ended up messing up, but he did it in the SP and pulled his head together for the FS. Jason did the reverse - he had it all together for the SP, but maybe that contributed to the tension for the FS because suddenly it was a potential medal he was looking at.

Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast