Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Oh, I know Evan was much more of a favorite, I was referring to more of the trajectory that Evan took after Turin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    I have improved my cleverness level slightly.

Jason Brown SP - Prince

Jason Brown LP - Riverdance
    I just watched the two programs. Love the new swagger in the SP and absolutely cannot wait to see the evolution of the Riverdance program. I see great things for this season for Jason. No Josh yet?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by babyskate View Post
    I just watched the two programs. Love the new swagger in the SP and absolutely cannot wait to see the evolution of the Riverdance program. I see great things for this season for Jason. No Josh yet?
    There hasn't been any music/program news for Josh, no.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I believe Josh Farris is scheduled to compete July 12-13 in the Vail Invitational in CO (where he debuted his programs last year), so hopefully all will be revealed soon.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I believe Josh Farris is scheduled to compete July 12-13 in the Vail Invitational in CO (where he debuted his programs last year), so hopefully all will be revealed soon.
    Queen Sylvia strikes again.

vCash
    Really liked Jason's programs. Thanks for the links. Looking forward to Joshua's debut!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    No "Queen" titles for me, please.

Jason Brown makes guest appearances at 1:45 (warming up off ice, jumping on ice) and 3:26 (dancing in unison with Polina Edmunds) in her video montage of 2013 Broadmoor Open that I've cross-posted in the U.S. Ladies [#7] and Broadmoor Open threads: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKw7guGEV30
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Josh Farris will make his senior international debut at the Salt Lake Senior B in mid-September - refer to this thread in GSD for more info: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3961625

Jason Brown is scheduled to compete at the Glacier Falls Summer Classic club competition in Anaheim, California next week - event thread in Kiss and Cry: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...-August-4-2013
    ETA: The Glacier Falls club reportedly will be setting up their own on-demand video website (for a nominal fee) after the competition is over.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-24-2013 at 03:30 AM.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Someone who was at the Evening on Ice meet and greet asked Josh about his programs and he said he's doing a tango for his SP and Schindler's List for his FS.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    Someone who was at the Evening on Ice meet and greet asked Josh about his programs and he said he's doing a tango for his SP and Schindler's List for his FS.
    Tango - YES! Finally a move away from the soft elegant classical! (Not that I didn't love that style on Josh, but it was time for something different.)

Schindler's List - Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Like Riverdance, I think I'll have to see this one first before I judge it.

Thanks TanithandBenFan!

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Tango - YES! Finally a move away from the soft elegant classical! (Not that I didn't love that style on Josh, but it was time for something different.)

Schindler's List - Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Like Riverdance, I think I'll have to see this one first before I judge it.

Thanks TanithandBenFan!
    I'm the opposite. I'm more excited about the FS music because I have a general aversion to tangos. But I love Josh's skating, so I'm sure I'll love his tango.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    I'm the opposite. I'm more excited about the FS music because I have a general aversion to tangos. But I love Josh's skating, so I'm sure I'll love his tango.
    I suppose another way to think about it too is that he needs to come out of his shell a bit, so a tango should fit that bill quite nicely.

I'm not familiar with the music of Schindler's List, so I'll wait and see for that one.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Thanks Dorispulaski! This is really beautiful soft music. I think Josh can do it justice. We'll have to wait and see! I wonder what Tango he's doing?

Flying on a magic carpet over the planet where Disney princesses come from
    vCash
    Jonathan Cassar did an amazing free skate to Schindler's List.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP-X4L_-QBs

I will be very interested to see Josh's interpretation. The music is so beautiful and haunting, and I think his style will mesh well with it.

Can't wait for the mens' competition in Boston - it will be fierce!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    From Josh Farris' updated Team USA bio: http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/de...=100802&mode=I
    SP Music: Piazzolla's "Libertango" performed by Anderson and Roe Piano Duo
    FS Music: Music from Schindler's List by John Williams
    Choreographer: Joshua Farris, Damon Allen

Jason's bio is updated as well: http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/de...=100826&mode=I
    SP Music: "The Question of U" by Prince
    FS Music: "Reel Around the Sun" by Bill Whelan [Riverdance]
    Choreographer: Rohene Ward

Jason is scheduled to compete at Glacier Falls tomorrow night and late Saturday night - updates will be posted in the GF comp. thread in Kiss and Cry.

vCash
    Ah, just came in here to update, and Sylvia, of course, has beaten me to it

I'll be very interested to see Joshua's interpretation of Libertango. It has a lot of potential, especially in the realm of being in a different style to everything else he's done the last couple of years.

Can't wait for videos from Glacier Falls for Jason - keen to see what Riverdance looks like now!

vCash
    Is Sylvia a robot?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by siouxdonym View Post
    Is Sylvia a robot?
    I think so. Or a magical omnipotent being with a sixth sense for figure skating news!

vCash
    Jason leads the men's short program at Glacier Falls with a score of 82.87!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want to see the proof, UMBSGoBlue kindly posted a photograph of the detailed results.

She also provided this description:

J. Brown: bluesy piece. 3a (2ft), 3f/3t beaut, beaut 3z tano lutz, gorgeous, fluid choreo/skating; you'd have to be nonhuman not to like it
    So...that's 82+ WITH A MISTAKE.

I'm not foolish enough to think he can pull those scores internationally on Senior debut, but the PCS wasn't totally out of this world... Maybe ~75?

He leads Michael Christian Martinez by six points and skates his long program tomorrow. (Tonight? It's tomorrow my time, anyway.)

Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast