Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Congrats guys!!!

vCash
    Yes, congrats guys! Great programs.

vCash
    Nice job guys!

vCash
    Jason's fun exhibition program at Junior Worlds. A must see!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0biVB...ature=youtu.be

vCash
    Pretty impressive moves for someone who was -5 when that song came out.

vCash
    A born entertainer; with Level 4 spins and footwork,
    His jumps aren't bad either!

vCash
    Yeah, Jason is cool, a very talented figure skater, and a lovely young man! (He doesn't get huge height on all of his jumps, but he's got very good technique, soft knees and good edges, not to mention musicality and infectious enthusiasm).

There are a couple of videos on youtube of the You Can't Touch This exhibition performance by Jason, under the lights at An Evening With Champions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULTLwT63urM

Another version of the EWC video was posted earlier in this thread, I believe

Too bad Jason wasn't at least a pewter medalist at Nats so he could have performed this fun exhibition in Omaha. Maybe USFS should allow skaters who don't place high at Nats, but who have rockin' exhibitions, to be included in the gala.

ETA:
    It's really great to see the young U.S. men doing so well at junior Worlds! Reminiscent of 2007-2008 Junior Grand Prix Final sweep by Rippon, Mroz, and Armin. Also, a near sweep by U.S. ladies with Mirai and Rachael taking gold and silver that same season at GPF. Even though Courtney and Samantha didn't accomplish the same at Junior Worlds this year, they also came kinda close (at least in the sp). Junior accomplishments aren't always the best indicator of what will happen in seniors, but there are definitely a great many young talented skaters coming up in all disciplines for the U.S., as well as Canada. And, it's nice to see talented youngsters like Michael Christian Martinez from the Philippines, Boyang Jin from China, and Mikhail Kolyada from Russia.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 03-04-2013 at 11:42 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YukiNieve View Post

That needed to come with a warning. I had just taken a sip of my drink when the closeup showed those glasses!

Shame the crowd didn't seem that into it!

vCash
    ^^ From what's visible on camera and judging by the audio, there weren't too many people watching in any case. I think those who were watching, along with the announcer, were fairly into it. Small crowd didn't seem to bother Jason's enthusiasm and performance quality, not one bit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    ^^ From what's visible on camera and judging by the audio, there weren't too many people watching in any case. I think those who were watching, along with the announcer, were fairly into it. Small crowd didn't seem to bother Jason's enthusiasm and performance quality, not one bit.
    Not at all, and IMO, that's his best gift - to be able to connect with a crowd no matter how many people are in it.

Here is Joshua's ex to "Ain't No Sunshine" - lovely as always, although I retain hope that one day he will stop emo-ing in his exhibitions. LOVE the gorgeous full-length-of-the-ice outside-to-inside spreadeagle.

They both seem to have quite won over the British Eurosport commentators!

vCash
    British Eurosport commentators are so cool! I love listening to them, even when they over-gush and mis-speak on the rare occasion like they did at 4CCs.

vCash
    Josh is very shy I think, so it doesn't surprise me he picks "emo" songs to skate to in exhibitions, he's probably not comfortable skating hip-hop comedy routines like Jason is, I think taking on that kind of stuff in an EX is hard for many, maybe not Brown or Chen, but they are showmen to be certain and such performers are a rarity among male teenagers. Plus Josh's style is sort of languid anyways, so I thought this number was a good fit. Not sure what to think about the sparkly shirt but otherwise I liked the program. Jason's hat was cool

vCash
    I love Jason. He has IT

The announcer of the gala sounded like Barbara Fusar Poli, I think she did a pretty good job despite the lack of crowds.
    Joshua is turning into a very handsome guy. I hope he brings more personality and character to his performances, all seem too well choreographed at the moment
    Totally shallow, but I wanna see Jason with a haircut or without the ponytail
    I think we even might see both next year at the Olympics

vCash
    Jason's exhib was just as nice and maybe a smidge better without the lights. The vest was nice and bright with the lights but the arena seemed too dark in the video so I kept worrying about his safety on some of the jumps, though he is probably used to it. Good job Jason.

vCash
    Manleywoman has posted a podcast transcrption excerpt from her interview with Kori Ade at 2011 U.S. Nationals here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3857873

Cute video posted today in the 2013 Junior Worlds forum in Kiss and Cry:
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    The offcial podium sweep video featuring Joshua Farris, Jason Brown and Shotaro Omori. Courtesy of ISU: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx5QxlUbsSQ :-)
    ETA that Jason has finished writing his Junior Worlds blog! http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-07-2013 at 10:48 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Cute video, they all seem like very sweet kids. Even Joshua seemed less quiet than usual. I'll be interested to see what kind of programs he chooses for next season, he pulls off the tortured artist Jeremy Abbott style off quite well (sorry Jeremy but that's the best way to describe Joshua's exhibitions! Very suave new-age man ) and same goes for classical but I think he could do a more upbeat or character-driven program justice as well.

vCash
    I have enjoyed Jason's blog so much.

Describing his feelings about the FS:

I was last to skate, and I knew I had the opportunity to help make history and be part of the first men's sweep from any country. The arena was silent as I got into my starting position ... by the end, I had tears in my eyes. I have been working so hard this entire season, struggling to master and integrate a new jump, and to successfully perform the way I've dreamt was so overwhelming and emotional.
    It was a joy for this viewer, too!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    It was a joy for this viewer, too!
    I'm fairly sure Jason wasn't the only one crying... His LP was just magical.

I do love the description of how Josh's skate "sounded" great. I've always wondered how that must feel, hearing how much the crowd loved the guy before you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YukiNieve View Post

thanks so much for posting this! Loved it! Great split jumps.

I've been watching skating for about 17 years and there are two skaters that I loved instantly upon watching them, Kwan and Lambiel, and now Brown is the third. His movement, style and commitment to his music is just incredible for someone so young. I hope he enjoys much success in the future.

vCash
    I was just pondering the amount of will power and love for the sport Josh needed to have to come back from 3 separate almost career- ending injuries in his young life. Quite remarkable. With all the quads that are necessary these days to be at the very top, I hope that his coaching team is somewhat careful; and I also hope that the judging is not turning the other way when having multiple quads becomes equal to high PCS no matter what skater puts on ice. If that happens my head will explode.
    improving my ballad- like lines

Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast