Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post

OH MY GOD. I think that was the only thing I could say or think the first time I watched this!

He is truly amazing! He gets so into it and draws you into it so well. Also, DANCE JASON DANCE!
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash

I think he's picked up a few more fans out of this. As he should

Some interesting news out of the icenetwork report!

He says his triple Axels are getting better.

"Seventy percent of the ones I do are like a quarter-turn under-rotated," he said. "And then 30 percent are clean. So that's really exciting."

The ratio is getting bigger! I know he'll get there! Can't wait for JGPF!

vCash
    Encouraging news but you know, if the 3a continues to bug him, he could potentially have a future in ice dance . He sure was dancey in that MC Hammer number .

vCash
    That's what I thought-Jason, if you grow taller, and have more 3A trouble, for heaven's sake, you're a natural dancer (and from a dance perspective, that number was even better in person)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    That's what I thought-Jason, if you grow taller, and have more 3A trouble, for heaven's sake, you're a natural dancer (and from a dance perspective, that number was even better in person)
    I don't think he's going to get any taller - he'll be 18 soon, and he's already done a LOT of growing.

vCash
    I don't think he's going to get any taller - he'll be 18 soon, and he's already done a LOT of growing.
    A lot of growing? Jason is only listed as 5'7", and if Josh is really only 5'8", then he's realistically probably more like 5'6" which is definitely on the shorter side for a guy. I mean, he's always been small looking at pictures and videos of him as a little kid, but apart from a couple seasons ago when he grew maybe 3 inches over the course of several months, I don't recall him ever having a huge growthspurt, just that he was smaller than most of his peers, which he still is. Anyways I was joking about the ice dancing thing, but if he did really want to pursue it, I'm sure there are some small female ice dancers out there, and size difference doesn't matter nearly as much in ice dance as in pairs.

vCash
    Jason Brown looks bigger than Joshua Farris because he is bulkier.
    Farris and Brown are unlikely to ever beat Hanyu Yuzuru who is way above them unless one improves his PCs and the other his TES.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mossop View Post
    Jason Brown looks bigger than Joshua Farris because he is bulkier.
    Farris and Brown are unlikely to ever beat Hanyu Yuzuru who is way above them unless one improves his PCs and the other his TES.
    Do you really think? I'm always shocked that Farris is only 5'8" because to me he looks pretty tall and lanky on the ice, I would guess like 5'10" to 6', probably because his legs are very long and thin. Brown otoh doesn't look tall to me, ever. He used to be soo skinny and tiny though!

vCash
    It might shock you...but my husband, my father, and my youngest son all grew several inches between 18 and 24.

My dad was 5'2" when he graduated high school, and grew to 5'8". My youngest son, the same. My husband grew 3 inches between age 20 & age 24.

vCash
    It might shock you...but my husband, my father, and my youngest son all grew several inches between 18 and 24.

My dad was 5'2" when he graduated high school, and grew to 5'8". My youngest son, the same. My husband grew 3 inches between age 20 & age 24.
    Of course it's possible he'd still grow, I think it's more just looking at his body type, it seems pretty proportional now, if he's grown at all since last season it's only minimally, and he's always been small so it would be unusual for him to grow tall now. I more worry about Josh growing taller because his legs are still really long compared to the rest of him, it could just be his build but he's also pretty skinny still, and although according to bios he's only grown a couple inches over the past 2 or 3 years which would make it seem like he's probably done/nearly done by now, I still worry he could have a spurt and it would affect his gorgeous jumps, namely 3a and 4t. Hopefully that won't happen though, I'm really impressed with him this season so far, lots of improvements since last season which was the first time I was really taken by his skating and noted the potential.

vCash

How interesting. My brother shot up to 6'4" between 16 and 17, but he didn't grow anymore after 18.

vCash
    This is why I try not to give my heart to junior skaters-it's all well & good to assume that most don't grow after some age, but some people do.

vCash
    This is why I try not to give my heart to junior skaters-it's all well & good to assume that most don't grow after some age, but some people do.
    I'm often wary. But then sometimes I just get blindsided. Like by these two. Oops.

vCash
    I'm often wary. But then sometimes I just get blindsided. Like by these two. Oops.
    Yeah but these two are so good! Or at least I think so. They have the potential to be way better than Lysacek and Weir IMO (no offense to Evan or Johnny!). Besides they are probably done growing, or mostly done, anyways. No one else in Josh's family is tall and he's always had those long thin legs since he was a little kid so it's probably just his build, and as for Jason, he seemed to do most of his growing in that one significant spurt he had a couple years back and physical changes since have appeared to be pretty marginal. The bigger concern for these two is more likely to be changes in build, which they also might not experience, but at this age is when you do see a lot of guys bulk up, which in terms of skating could be beneficial or detrimental. Looking at some of the big jumpers among the international men today, they really have a broad range of body types, Joubert and KVDP muscular, Hanyu and Oda very slight and wiry, Chan and Brezina somewhere in-between. And even in the US, Brandon Mroz is lanky and Max and Keegan are more compact and stocky, so really, it seems like powerful male jumpers can come in all shapes and sizes.

vCash
    Laurent Tobel was a very good jumper until he got to 6'4" or whatever huge height he ended up as.

Then he was a wonderful entertainer, but I always wish he had stayed a little shorter. His jumps wer OK, but still

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YukiNieve View Post
    Put this link here as well:

Very entertaining program by Jason Brown's "You Can't Touch This" at An Evening with Champions benefit show.
    (Thanks you, Marni!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE4FNDys1Tk&feature=plcp

This kid got skills! Go Jason!

vCash
    Well, the good news for Josh and Jason is that they won't have to worry about competing against Han Yan or Nathan Chen at the JGPF. However, Kovtun put up a monster FS score and it appears the judges now rank him on equal footing in terms of PCS to these two. Should be interesting to see the competition go down at the JGPF. Kovtun's 3a and 4t were both really good, 3a-3t especially strong. Anyways I think having another really strong competitor on the scene should help push all the boys to work really hard heading into the event. Josh now has incentive to work on the consistency of his quad like he said he plans to, and as for Jason, 3a should obviously be a priority, ideally getting 2 in his FS, where it's likely that the rest of the field will all be going for 2 in the FS, and half the field will likely be attempting a quad as well! Why are the juniors so good this season?? Like seriously though it's barely October and we've already seen 4 different men land quads and score over 210 points - on the JUNIOR grand prix!!

vCash
    From yesterday, with thanks to Sylvia on Twitter:

Jason Brown skated SP&FS exhibitions at UGL Regional today, landed 7 triples+3A< in FS, 149.09; 3A<<, 3Lz3T, 3F in SP, 65.45; 214.54 total.

It's kind of that he both times has downgraded the one in the SP and then only UR the one in the LP. Not bad considering he skated both in one day.

Getting closer! Go Jason!

vCash
    The not falling part on the ur 3a is a good start...But it leads me to wonder whether the way the 3A in the SP is placed is harder for him than where it is in the LP. Maybe the SP layout needs some work, as well as the 3A needing work.

vCash
    I like his FS better so I'm glad he's only getting UR on that one

Maybe I'll warm up to the SP one eventually though. It probably is a tougher entrance though and that's the reason for the downgrades, I would think. Good scores though, of course, I don't know if we can expect him to post scores like that at the JGPF, but it's still promising, and there is still a lot of time between now and then for him to improve his 3a. Should be an exciting event this year, lots of strong skaters...

Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast