Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

vCash
    *dead*

JASON!

Got the biggest cheer at the medal ceremony, too. Whatever his jump status, people love him. He's just so earnest and gleeful.

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Call me a Jason uber now, he is awesome.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    That is not IF he gets a quad, but WHEN. And just like his 3A, it will be when he's ready! He's doing what he can do, and doing it the very best... that's exactly what he should be aiming for. Too many try to throw in the quad before its ready, as it's MOAR POINTZ! and end up either injured, or so thrown off the other parts of their program that it just starts going downhill.

vCash
    I stand corrected--I must have misheard my friend re: Jason playing a musical instrument. Cool!

And I agree, he'll get a quad when he gets a quad. Clearly he's done fine taking his time getting the 3a right and is still working on its consistency in competition. I'd hate to see him rush the quad and have that throw him off or lead to injury. If I remember correctly (and now I totally don't trust my memory) I think he has done some work on it but it's not front and center in his training, obviously.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Jason's programs were the highlight of TEB for me. So nice to see someone go out and SKATE to the music not just go from element to element. I wish more men would follow Jason's gameplan which seems to be do what you can do perfectly instead of going for the quad attempt and blowing it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    I stand corrected--I must have misheard my friend re: Jason playing a musical instrument. Cool!

And I agree, he'll get a quad when he gets a quad. Clearly he's done fine taking his time getting the 3a right and is still working on its consistency in competition. I'd hate to see him rush the quad and have that throw him off or lead to injury. If I remember correctly (and now I totally don't trust my memory) I think he has done some work on it but it's not front and center in his training, obviously.
    Kori Ade has said that he's been practicing the quad quite often, but it's not landed/done consistently enough where they feel comfortable putting it in competition.

I think (being optimistic, I suppose) that he won't take as long with a quad toe as he did with the 3A. His seems to be good at the toe pick jumps.

vCash
    Josh Farris article ahead of his second Grand Prix in Moscow next week: http://www.examiner.com/article/excl...ns-on-the-rise
    Excerpt:
    Watching Josh skate to Schindler’s List it is difficult to believe that he is only 18-years-old. His ability to interpret and relate to the music goes well beyond his years. When talking about his love for figure skating, words seemed to fail him and he came up with a moment that exemplified his favorite thing about the sport. “There was one time, actually I was choreographing Schindler’s List, I was the only one in the World Arena like my coach left me and he said, ‘Just skate. Go skate and just enjoy yourself’ and that’s all I did. I didn’t jump, you know. I didn’t do any spins, I didn’t do any technical elements, I just skated and being in that whole arena by myself, just looking up listening to Schindler’s List, it was...,” Joshua sighed, “it was beautiful.”
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I LOVED this article, thanks, Sylvia!

I am sad that Josh won't get the opportunity to actually skate against Plushy. It must be really weird, to think that Josh was a little five year old watching Plushy...god, must have been a World Championships or something when Plushy wasn't much younger than Josh is now. Freaky!

I love reading/listening to Josh talk about skating. He really, really loves it. He has not forgotten.

vCash
    Only twenty minutes before leaving to compete it dawned on him that changes were necessary in his free skate. “We realized that I was training an illegal program for like months, which was an oops. I don’t know why none of us caught it. I had three repeated jumps, I had two lutzes, two axels and two toes. I don’t know why we didn’t catch it. So literally while I was skating I had to remind myself ‘doing a triple Sal on my second jump. Triple Sal, triple Sal, triple Sal,’” he laughed.
    Wow- that must be really nerve wracking for Josh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Wow- that must be really nerve wracking for Josh.
    At least they caught it before he competed. Imagine not realising til after.

Still, he's not alone. I seem to recall a three-time National Champion having to be told by a FAN at Nationals that he was doing an illegal spin in his short program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    I am sad that Josh won't get the opportunity to actually skate against Plushy.
    Maybe in Sochi then

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Still, he's not alone. I seem to recall a three-time National Champion having to be told by a FAN at Nationals that he was doing an illegal spin in his short program.
    Yes, I remember that too...

Sylvia posted a photo set of TEB gala and I wanted to share this photo here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/skateee...57637785969613

WOW.

vCash
    Yes, I remember that too...

Sylvia posted a photo set of TEB gala and I wanted to share this photo here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/skateee...57637785969613

WOW.
    Jason's Russian split is out of this world.
    Good luck to Josh next week!
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash

WOW.
    Told you his toes were level with his ears!

He seems to be getting MORE flexible as the years go by, not less! Outstanding.

So excited for Josh this week! I just have a really good feeling about it.

vCash
    @creamy_icicle (Japanese skating fan) tweeted this earlier today - manga:
    Yulia Lipnitskaya & Joshua Farris( @joshDfarris )"Schindler's List" #fanart http://twitpic.com/dlxlid
    In contrast Farris' training mate, Angela Wang, tweeted this 2 days ago:
    Showing off my incredible art skills lol! Good luck this week @joshDfarris Xxx #2013COR #amazingartskills #not #fail http://pic.twitter.com/TuV7ctmcuO
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Oh, Josh has made it now! Immortalised in Japanese fanart! And even greater! Immortalised in Angela Wang fanart!

(Actually I'm surprised the Japanese fanartists haven't got hold of Jason yet. But I'm sure that will happen.)

vCash
    And now Jason fan art. Featuring the awesome Kori Ade!

https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/sta...066944/photo/1

Jason just tweeted:
    Laura, thank u so much 4 this beautiful drawing. I absolutely love it! It was such a pleasure meeting you last week! pic.twitter.com/8sLneamtPq

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Oh, man. So Speedy and Didier Gailhaguet gave out medals. Can you IMAGINE getting a medal from either one? I'd have to seriously resist the urge to say something really awful. . .
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Clearly never trust my good feelings

Josh has withdrawn from CoR.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by navire View Post
    J. Farris (USA) withdrawn from #RostelecomCup2013 due to right ankle sprain. He injured the ankle in practice on Thursday.
    https://twitter.com/Tatjana21/status/403806976628367362

I hope it's not serious.
    Last edited by misskarne; 11-22-2013 at 10:37 AM.

Banned Member
    vCash
    This is so unfortunate, and given the prior history of injury, I am not surprised and am kind of relieved he decided not to skate while injured.

Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast