Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Exactly how many times have Adam and Jason faced each other? At Nationals Jason while skating as a Senior Nationally was still a Junior internationally plus was just a kid so he wasn't expected to beat the top veterans at 16,17. But now he's older and obviously much better then he was in 2011 or 2012.

vCash
    Nothing against Adam, I'm not into trashing skaters, but I do believe if Jason and Adam were to skate at Nationals this year, Jason would place higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Exactly how many times have Adam and Jason faced each other? At Nationals Jason while skating as a Senior Nationally was still a Junior internationally plus was just a kid so he wasn't expected to beat the top veterans at 16,17. But now he's older and obviously much better then he was in 2011 or 2012.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Exactly how many times have Adam and Jason faced each other? At Nationals Jason while skating as a Senior Nationally was still a Junior internationally plus was just a kid so he wasn't expected to beat the top veterans at 16,17.
    Well, fellow "kids" Aaron and Farris managed to do it despite Max having only B level assignments in the fall and Joshua competing in juniors internationally, so Brown did have a chance to pass Rippon last season at Nationals, but had 2 big falls in his LP.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 08-04-2013 at 07:45 PM.

vCash
    Max is 21 and Jason is still only 18. Big difference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scheffie View Post
    Nothing against Adam, I'm not into trashing skaters, but I do believe if Jason and Adam were to skate at Nationals this year, Jason would place higher.
    Based on how Adam skated early last season maybe. But the Adam I saw most recently I don't think so. With my own eyes with the overhead blasting Carmen I saw effortless 3A and 4Z in his SP run-through. You cannot make comparisons without current information.

Jason was the best of the night and very entertaining, but short on a few rotations. I agree that there is something infectious about his presentation. No one had a stand out skate and we were surprised at the high score and the distance Jason was in front. The program has lot of potential but he is still working on landing the 3A on one foot. If this was a Ricky uber thread I may be forced to tell you that he landed some wicked 4S in the warm-up and a killer 3A3T in his program. But it isn't, so forget what I said.
    I like Josh and Jason and enjoy their skating. I cannot say that I am turned off by any of the current skaters and think each has a lot to offer. Just because I may offer an opinion you may not agree with (professional and free) doesn't make me right or guilty of disrespecting an athlete or your opinion. My remarks regarding Josh were based on a personal verbal exchange I had. And since I am not willing to repeat the exchange in its entirety it was unfair to his fans to state a comment without evidence. I wish all of the skaters a great season.

vCash
    Fair enough. I happen to adore Richard Dornbush's skating, he's another one I wish could become more consistent. He has a lot of style! I don't remember mentioning
    anything about Joshua Farris, although he needs to be mentally tough enough to reach his goals. Good luck to every skater this year!

Quote Originally Posted by Fudove View Post
    Based on how Adam skated early last season maybe. But the Adam I saw most recently I don't think so. With my own eyes with the overhead blasting Carmen I saw effortless 3A and 4Z in his SP run-through. You cannot make comparisons without current information.

Jason was the best of the night and very entertaining, but short on a few rotations. I agree that there is something infectious about his presentation. No one had a stand out skate and we were surprised at the high score and the distance Jason was in front. The program has lot of potential but he is still working on landing the 3A on one foot. If this was a Ricky uber thread I may be forced to tell you that he landed some wicked 4S in the warm-up and a killer 3A3T in his program. But it isn't, so forget what I said.
    I like Josh and Jason and enjoy their skating. I cannot say that I am turned off by any of the current skaters and think each has a lot to offer. Just because I may offer an opinion you may not agree with (professional and free) doesn't make me right or guilty of disrespecting an athlete or your opinion. My remarks regarding Josh were based on a personal verbal exchange I had. And since I am not willing to repeat the exchange in its entirety it was unfair to his fans to state a comment without evidence. I wish all of the skaters a great season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudove View Post
    My remarks regarding Josh were based on a personal verbal exchange I had. And since I am not willing to repeat the exchange in its entirety it was unfair to his fans to state a comment without evidence.

A kind soul named Snoopy15 on GoldenSkate has just posted this link...

Jason Brown - Glacier Falls LP

!!!!!!!!

It's fan-tabulous! A couple of observations (I've only watched it once so far.)

- The first jump was a double toe, presumably popped. But on first impression, it didn't seem accidentally popped. Is he still marking that jump?

- The 3As were very nice, the 2ft quite slight. The 3A-2T out of Ina Bauer and brackets is still fifty kinds of awesome. He is still stalking it a little, but that'll disappear with time, I guess.

- The crowd got into the footwork sequence VERY rapidly

- I didn't hear any extra music. I'm going to go back and time it but I seem to recall that last time he was twenty seconds short. I didn't hear any extra music and I am sure he didn't stand still at the start of the BO version for 20 seconds so...that seems odd to me.

- He's still running out of puff at the end, but not as badly.

- He looks so adult and grown-up now. I mean, I know he's 18 and closer to 19 than 18, but...it seems only yesterday he was that scrawny little thing!

- Still not entirely sold on that shade of green, but the costume does look pretty awesome. IMO.

EDIT:

All right, I'm a little confused here. I just timed the LP and came up with 4:27. That can't be right or he'd have had a time deduction, wouldn't he?
    Last edited by misskarne; 08-05-2013 at 02:43 AM.

vCash

Jason's fs glacier falls

Thank you thank you to Snoopy 15 for sharing with us Jason's program. Wow, I loved every minute of it!

Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post

A kind soul named Snoopy15 on GoldenSkate has just posted this link...

Jason Brown - Glacier Falls LP

!!!!!!!!

It's fan-tabulous! A couple of observations (I've only watched it once so far.)

- The first jump was a double toe, presumably popped. But on first impression, it didn't seem accidentally popped. Is he still marking that jump?

- The 3As were very nice, the 2ft quite slight. The 3A-2T out of Ina Bauer and brackets is still fifty kinds of awesome. He is still stalking it a little, but that'll disappear with time, I guess.

- The crowd got into the footwork sequence VERY rapidly

- I didn't hear any extra music. I'm going to go back and time it but I seem to recall that last time he was twenty seconds short. I didn't hear any extra music and I am sure he didn't stand still at the start of the BO version for 20 seconds so...that seems odd to me.

- He's still running out of puff at the end, but not as badly.

- He looks so adult and grown-up now. I mean, I know he's 18 and closer to 19 than 18, but...it seems only yesterday he was that scrawny little thing!

- Still not entirely sold on that shade of green, but the costume does look pretty awesome. IMO.

EDIT:

All right, I'm a little confused here. I just timed the LP and came up with 4:27. That can't be right or he'd have had a time deduction, wouldn't he?

vCash
    EDIT:

I believe it's 4:30 +/- 10 seconds. So at 4:27, he is fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I believe it's 4:30 +/- 10 seconds. So at 4:27, he is fine.
    I always thought it was 4:40 for some reason. Glad to know different!

vCash
    Jason's LP @ Glacier Falls - Am dissolving in incoherent superlatives.
    Last edited by dinakt; 08-06-2013 at 01:55 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    Jason's LP 2 Glacier Falls - Am dissolving in incoherent superlatives.
    Stay strong, dinakt! You have a whole season of this ahead of you! Stay strong!

Meanwhile, anyone hear anything from Sun Valley? It seems to have been a very quiet show.

vCash
    Stay strong, dinakt! You have a whole season of this ahead of you! Stay strong!
    Jason is not making it easy

Echoing your question about Josh at Sun Valley.

vCash
    So great that Josh had the opportunity to perform at Sun Valley. I noticed that the roster included fewer of the prior season's regulars, who seem to be choosing to perform in fewer shows during the training summer during the Olympic season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leapfrogonice View Post
    So great that Josh had the opportunity to perform at Sun Valley. I noticed that the roster included fewer of the prior season's regulars, who seem to be choosing to perform in fewer shows during the training summer during the Olympic season.
    Now if only there was video - or even a report!

vCash
    To leapfrogonice:

Could you please clarify what you meant by the fact that Joshua Farris was in Sun Valley but there seems to be a lot of skaters not doing shows because of the upcoming Olympic season? Not sure what you meant by that. Has anyone seen Joshua skate recently? A lot of people have been wondering. I watched Jason Brown's riverdance win at Glacier Falls and I believe his superior skating comes from his finishes, 100% effort, and attention to detail. Not flawless, season is early, but impressive nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by leapfrogonice View Post

vCash
    Joshua skated at the Vail Invitational, which he also did last year. Unfortunately, Vail is a very tiny competition, and the scores aren't available. This year no-one seems to have taken fancams, either, which was the only video we saw of last year's event.

He was also supposed to skate at An Evening On Ice, but had an anaphylactic reaction at the dinner the evening before, spent the night in hospital, and was not allowed to skate the next day, though he did turn up for the Meet and Greet afterwards.

He skated at Sun Valley, but the only information I have heard was a very plain tweet from Sun Valley talking about the "wonderful show" with Joshua and Ashley. No video has emerged and no fan-report either.

Whether he is deliberately flying under the radar or not, he's been pretty invisible this off-season. But he was also very invisible last summer, too, and that didn't stop him from coming out onto the JGP with a huge bang. So I'm not worried about it, it's just how he is. Jason regularly does Glacier Falls; the last three years at least, probably more.

A lot of skaters are probably trimming back on the shows this summer to focus on their training and making sure that they are in peak condition for the Olympic season. It's nothing unusual but I am glad that Josh is getting some recognition by being asked to do these shows.

Either way, both Joshua and Jason will be at Champs Camp from August 20-22 (I think? I seem to recall it was the exact same dates as Skate DownUnder. Frustratingly, for me. )

Meanwhile, Jason is continuing his tradition of enjoying himself for a few extra days after a competition: this time at the beach!

Making the most of my last few days in California!! #beachdays pic.twitter.com/jgViqTPxCt
    Having fun and looking good!
    Last edited by misskarne; 08-07-2013 at 05:12 AM.

vCash

Meanwhile, Jason is continuing his tradition of enjoying himself for a few extra days after a competition: this time at the beach!

At risk of being too much of a cougar... that's a lovely six-pack you got there, Mr. Brown.

vCash
    Impressive abs, indeed.

vCash
    To misskarne

I appreciate the information on both Joshua and Jason. Thank you!

Joshua skated at the Vail Invitational, which he also did last year. Unfortunately, Vail is a very tiny competition, and the scores aren't available. This year no-one seems to have taken fancams, either, which was the only video we saw of last year's event.

He was also supposed to skate at An Evening On Ice, but had an anaphylactic reaction at the dinner the evening before, spent the night in hospital, and was not allowed to skate the next day, though he did turn up for the Meet and Greet afterwards.

He skated at Sun Valley, but the only information I have heard was a very plain tweet from Sun Valley talking about the "wonderful show" with Joshua and Ashley. No video has emerged and no fan-report either.

Whether he is deliberately flying under the radar or not, he's been pretty invisible this off-season. But he was also very invisible last summer, too, and that didn't stop him from coming out onto the JGP with a huge bang. So I'm not worried about it, it's just how he is. Jason regularly does Glacier Falls; the last three years at least, probably more.

A lot of skaters are probably trimming back on the shows this summer to focus on their training and making sure that they are in peak condition for the Olympic season. It's nothing unusual but I am glad that Josh is getting some recognition by being asked to do these shows.

Either way, both Joshua and Jason will be at Champs Camp from August 20-22 (I think? I seem to recall it was the exact same dates as Skate DownUnder. Frustratingly, for me. )

Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast