Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Jason competed in Wisconsin last June, not CT.
    *facepalm*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Josh is so good looking! *imagines what another 4 years will produce*
    Kinda looks like Tom Cruise when he was younger. I especially noticed it when he had his hair longer last year. I thought his hair looked great like that though he also looks nice with short hair. All 3 guys are very handsome

vCash
    Congratulations to Jason on his graduation from his Chicago area public high school!

I was told he skated to "Fly Me to the Moon" in Jordan Moeller's cancer fundraiser show in Chicago last weekend and included "Y-spiral into a triple Lutz, and a terrific Russian split at the end."

He is skating in the "Ice Dreams" show in Oakland, Calif. today: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3932515
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-02-2013 at 04:11 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Congratulations to Jason on his graduation from his Chicago area public high school!

I was told he skated to "Fly Me to the Moon" in Jordan Moeller's cancer fundraiser show in Chicago last weekend and included "Y-spiral into a triple Lutz, and a terrific Russian split at the end."

He is skating in the "Ice Dreams" show in Oakland, Calif. today: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3932515

Sylvia with the latest news as always!

Hope video emerges from Moeller's event. I want to see Jason skating to Sinatra!

And congratulations of course on his graduation! I understand he graduated with honours, which is a great achievement!

Today is the day when we find out what happens with both of them next season. Will Josh get one GP? Two? Will Jason go Senior or will the USFSA ask him to stay Junior?
    Last edited by misskarne; 06-03-2013 at 05:10 AM.

vCash
    The two young men are now officially SENIORS!

Joshua has got spots at Skate Canada and Cup of Russia (ouch), and Jason will be competing at TEB!

So, Jason, if you're looking for a Senior B...Skate Downunder is in August.

vCash
    Why is Cup of Russia ouch? Looking at the field, I actually think Josh could do quite well there, maybe even medal. The field at that event isn't nearly as stacked as the one at Skate Canada or TEB. So excited for both the boys and especially glad Jason is not stuck on the JGP again! Yay. Skate Canada actually seems like a mini-nationals with Josh, Jeremy, and Ross all competing at the same event...maybe Jason can get the TBA at SA too I was thinking (I want Alex Johnson to get the host pick, but if Lysacek withdraws, then maybe both Jason and Alex could get to go ).

vCash
    Oh, I put the ouch in the wrong place. Ouch was for Skate Canada.

So delighted Jason is going up too. With the way he was talking about letting the USFSA choose for him, I figured they were going to be stupid and send him round again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Oh, I put the ouch in the wrong place. Ouch was for Skate Canada.

So delighted Jason is going up too. With the way he was talking about letting the USFSA choose for him, I figured they were going to be stupid and send him round again.
    Haha yes that will be interesting but on the upside, should Josh manage to beat Jeremy and/or Ross there (which I think he has a shot at doing honestly given the way they've all been skating lately) that might boost his chances to actually be considered for the Olympic team. And I agree about Jason, I don't like what Ward is doing with his choreo, but he's a huge talent worthy of competing on the senior GP so I'm so pleased he was actually allowed to move up, and during an Olympic season at that, rather than being unnecessarily held back for another year so USFS could promote other skaters who aren't doing as well right now. I really do think he has a good shot at getting SA too.

vCash
    And speaking of Jason, here he is with his new show piece, Frank Sinatra's "Fly Me To The Moon" from the Ice Dreams show.

I hope he keeps this as his ex for this season! He cuts a very dashing, handsome figure in suspenders and bowler hat!

vCash
    Wow, Jason sure can dance. I think he could have a career in ice dancing if he wanted, maybe after 2018, if he makes the Olympics, he could find a partner and pick up ice dance . Nice twizzles!

vCash
    Maybe after 2018 he'll be the next star figure skater on Dancing With the Stars!

vCash
    And speaking of Jason, here he is with his new show piece, Frank Sinatra's "Fly Me To The Moon" from the Ice Dreams show.
    Thanks for the link! At the 40-second mark Jason does a VERY sequence of inside axel - reverse (clockwise) walley - turn on same foot up into double Axel! I believe Rohene Ward choreographed this show program.

ETA a cast photo tweeted by @PolinaEdmunds:
    "Johnny Weir's Show "Ice Dreams" in Oakland CA! I had the best time, and I already miss everyone so much!!!" http://pic.twitter.com/5sZeIqGUd5 (Jason does the splits on the ice!)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-04-2013 at 04:03 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Maybe after 2018 he'll be the next star figure skater on Dancing With the Stars!
    No kidding. Jason is a natural dancer, so fluid.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    I love how Jason is just casually sitting in the splits, because that's just how you sit, yeah?

I do like how proud Jason is of his flexibility and he has every right to be so. He's definitely earned it.

vCash
    Here's a cool photo of Jason's split jump high in the air with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background:
    Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post
    Facebook: More from San Francisco...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...27404264_n.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    ... I don't like what Ward is doing with his choreo ...
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Wow, Jason sure can dance...
    Kind of contradictory in that Jason is dancing (doing his thing) to Rohene's choreo.

vCash
    So, the talk in the program thread is that Jason is keeping the SP and getting a new LP to Riverdance.

I have mixed feelings about this.

On one hand, the SP was even kind of growing on me a little bit by the end of the season, simply because once he had the 3A out of the way, he seemed more able to focus on making it sassy. But on the other hand, the music was awful, my sense was always that the judges didn't like it, and for the love of everything if he's going to keep it he needs a new costume. NOW.

I'm not sure about Riverdance. I'm going to wait and see for that one.

vCash
    Twitter:

U.S. Figure Skating ‏@USFigureSkating 4m
    This > RT @jasonbskates Finally got a twitter! Excited to be here! #betterlatethannever #twitterlessbrown is no longer twitterless!!!
    icenetwork.com ‏@icenetwork 17m
    Jason Brown pens his first entry in his season-long blog for icenetwork. What's more: He's finally joined Twitter! http://www.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

vCash
    Jason is FINALLY on Twitter! Yay!

(Definitely him. Enough exclamation marks to prove it. )

vCash
    Jason's been busy on Twitter already!

Graduated high school in the end of May to college orientation a week later! #wherehasthetimegone @MaddieAaron25 pic.twitter.com/8TlT3YwrlI
    And he's clearly enjoying Colorado:

You can't beat those workouts where you find yourself enjoying every minute...#incredibleviewsofcolorado pic.twitter.com/wgbOL4N8dB

Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast