Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    I was just pondering the amount of will power and love for the sport Josh needed to have to come back from 3 separate almost career- ending injuries in his young life. Quite remarkable. With all the quads that are necessary these days to be at the very top, I hope that his coaching team is somewhat careful; and I also hope that the judging is not turning the other way when having multiple quads becomes equal to high PCS no matter what skater puts on ice. If that happens my head will explode.
    He must be an exceptionally strong young man, especially when you consider, too, that those injuries occurred when he was 14, 15, and 16. Teenagers around that time would be especially vulnerable to giving in and giving up.

I am much more relaxed about the potential for injury now that he's with Damon and Christy. They really seem to care for their skaters, and don't seem to push too hard.

vCash
    Re-posting from the U.S. Men's thread in GSD...

The Skating Lesson's 42-minute interview with Jason Brown (April 11, 2013), plus jump practice videos: http://www.theskatinglesson.com/jason-brown-interview/
    (Jason talks about Josh Farris starting after the halfway mark.)
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I admit, I went straight to the jump practice videos. The 3A was gorgeous, and I think we can definitely say he owns the jump now. The quad video was interesting. With the distance it was hard to see if it was fully-rotated, but it looked close to me.

vCash
    Joshua Farris is a guest skater at "Showtime on Ice," Friday, April 26 to Sunday, April 28, 2013, at the South Suburban Ice Arena in Centennial, Colorado: http://www.showtimeonice.com/
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    It's prom night in Colorado Springs, and there are a few familiar faces among the attendees at the Cheyenne Mountain High School prom...

Josh and Angela Wang fooling around (via Angela's twitter)

Joshua, Angela, Madeline Aaron, Joe Johnson, Lukas Kaugars and Alana Lynette (?) (via Angela's twitter)

Jason, Britney Simpson, Karina Manta (?) and Luke West (via Sarah and Drew)

Is Cheyenne HS ready for the influx of skaters to their prom?

vCash
    Glad Josh took off the fedora he was sporting in some facebook pictures....the girls all look gorgeous. Love the color of Angela's dress! Jason really needs to do something new with his hair. I think it's time. And he'd probably look better with something softer to balance out his sharp facial features. Maybe he shoud rock the shaggy russian boy haircut?

vCash
    ^Jason has said he refuses to cut his hair, but that was over a year ago. I also think he should sport a different hair style (but it's not my call to make)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    ^Jason has said he refuses to cut his hair, but that was over a year ago. I also think he should sport a different hair style (but it's not my call to make)
    I just figure now would be a good time to try something new. I mean, he graduated highschool, moved, it's an Olympic year and he'll be making his senior international debut so idk, a change and movement into a new direction might not be a bad idea. But maybe I'm just not a fan of the slicked back severe middle part, Vanessa Lam's hair has always bugged me too for the same reason. Plus I think Jason with poofy shaggy hair flowing around would be cool he could shake it during his step sequences

vCash
    Actually if you listen to the Skating Lesson interview, it all started because as a young kid Jason refused to cut it and liked it shaggy...and then it got so shaggy that the judges started quietly advising Kori that it would be better cut or tied back. Apparently young Jason was allergic to scissors so it was tied back. And then it just kind of stayed that way.

I think I'm so used to seeing his hair so neat and tidy and tied back that shaggy Jason would be an odd sight.

vCash
    Yeah I saw the interview too which made me think of it. All the pictures I have seen with his hair down are a lot more flattering, detracting attention from the size of his nose and softening the other features. But when he's skating his face/hair is honestly the last thing I'm paying attention to so it's not a biggie, I just thought it would be cool for him to try something new now that he's going to be competing with the big boys internationally.

vCash
    http://www.sunvalley.com/things-to-do/iceshows/

Josh Farris is scheduled to perform at Sun Valley on August 3rd.

vCash
    Nice to see Josh getting to skate in so many shows Nationals was such a big breakthrough for him.

Anyway, I've decided I'm hanging out for Jason to do a Lord of the Rings program with his hair in elven braids. That would be cool. /tolkiennerd

vCash
    I think Jason could rock cornrows and a LOTR program, that would be cool to see.

http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=332804
    Anyways here's a little video of Josh and Gracie taken at 9 News in Denver before the shows they are skating in this weekend (I think the first one was last night). Josh is very shy, I felt a little bad when the announcer was talking like, oh no big deal, 2 spots, I'm sure you'll be on the Olympic team - potentially a little awkward. The two of them seem very nice and genuine though, Gracie has a very nice voice, strong and goes over well on TV (Josh should take notes). Also his hair looks longer....fingers crossed he grows it out for the coming season! He looked way more handsome IMO with the long hair he had late in the 11-12 season. Plus it looked cool when he skated because there was that wind-blown effect . If anyone has reports from the show please share!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    I think Jason could rock cornrows and a LOTR program, that would be cool to see.

http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=332804
    Anyways here's a little video of Josh and Gracie taken at 9 News in Denver before the shows they are skating in this weekend (I think the first one was last night). Josh is very shy, I felt a little bad when the announcer was talking like, oh no big deal, 2 spots, I'm sure you'll be on the Olympic team - potentially a little awkward. The two of them seem very nice and genuine though, Gracie has a very nice voice, strong and goes over well on TV (Josh should take notes). Also his hair looks longer....fingers crossed he grows it out for the coming season! He looked way more handsome IMO with the long hair he had late in the 11-12 season. Plus it looked cool when he skated because there was that wind-blown effect . If anyone has reports from the show please share!!
    Josh comes off as shy compared to someone like Jason who seems a bit more outgoing. Also Gracie has been in the spotlight for the last 14-15 months so she's used to the press more then Josh is right now.

vCash
    I think Josh is just naturally shy. If someone had stuck me in front of a TV camera when I was eighteen I'd have turned tail and run as fast as I could. He is quite adorable though. He'll get better with practice. Remember, he wasn't really as "on the radar" until this year. The skating world knew who he was without him being "the next big thing". Even though his results were impressive, it was like there wasn't a huge lot of interest because he never really performed at Nationals. Suddenly he's the National pewter medallist and Junior World Champion and he's everywhere. That's gotta be overwhelming.

Meanwhile Gracie has been hyped like crazy for a couple of seasons now and was being touted all last season too, with plenty of coverage and press and interest. I'd say she's more used to it. Plus, she might naturally be a more outgoing type.

vCash
    Well Gracie seems to like/be more comfortable with all the attention so it's maybe "what she lives for" so to speak. Part of what helped make her make such a big splash on the skating scene (besides her good competition results and amazing abilities) was her personal (or family/coaching team) PR machine that got news of her killer tricks out to local people which helped generate a lot of exciting word of mouth about Gracie. I just like her poise to be honest, she's only 17 but she comes off as a lot more mature. Josh just seems a little awkward, which is fine, because that's maybe his personality and it's honestly a bit endearing, it's just funny watching him talk next to some of these other folks who just seem to love to chat and feel right at home in front of the camera. Nothing wrong with being either way just an interesting dynamic.

Anyone have videos from the show? Any word on if Josh or Gracie (or Jason given this thread) have decided anything in regards to program music and choreographers for next season? Seems like a lot of people have already started!

Oh yeah and here's a picture Gracie tweeted from the news studio. Look who's wearing a black shirt (again... )
    http://instagram.com/p/YkkX4lrAkG/

vCash
    It's funny even though Gracie is younger then Josh she seems older. I guess it seems we've been watching Gracie for years even though it's not even been 2 years. Could also be because Josh has been on the JGP and we haven't seen him as much.

vCash
    I saw the Sunday show in Denver at South Suburban Ice Arena. Josh looked and skated great. His technique is so pure and beautiful. Skated to a pop ballad in jeans and t-shirt. He is so handsome....and I agree with those who think he is even more handsome with longer hair. Hope he grows it again. I am so used to seeing him do classical music. This choice of music done very effectively proves he already has versatility at a young age. His blades are silent on the ice and his stroking is beautiful and powerful. Thought I saw a triple flip rotated great. On opposite end of rink and a bit dark, so I wasn't sure if flip or toe. His triple loop was off axis so a bit of a step out. Gracie also skated in the show. Her power for a lady skater is mind blowing. Both were wonderful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnskater View Post
    I saw the Sunday show in Denver at South Suburban Ice Arena. Josh looked and skated great. His technique is so pure and beautiful. Skated to a pop ballad in jeans and t-shirt. He is so handsome....and I agree with those who think he is even more handsome with longer hair. Hope he grows it again. I am so used to seeing him do classical music. This choice of music done very effectively proves he already has versatility at a young age. His blades are silent on the ice and his stroking is beautiful and powerful. Thought I saw a triple flip rotated great. On opposite end of rink and a bit dark, so I wasn't sure if flip or toe. His triple loop was off axis so a bit of a step out. Gracie also skated in the show. Her power for a lady skater is mind blowing. Both were wonderful.
    Thankyou very much for your report! I hope you had a great time

(Was it "Ain't No Sunshine"?)

vCash
    I did have a great time thanks! It might have been...I was so taken by Josh's skating, I forgot to note his music

Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast