Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Sorry if it has been mentioned earlier but seeing as they are both 18 yrs. old now, will Joshua and Jason move up to full-fledged Seniors next season? I think Shotaro may remain a Junior one more year ...

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    From this article posted earlier:
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    "A win would put a nice, beautiful kind of bookend to his junior career," Farris' coach, Damon Allen, said. "He would finish with a splash, the good kind."
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Ah, OK. And there was a reference earlier in the same article to the end of his junior career.

And Jason?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Re-posting these videos from the 2013 Junior Worlds forum in Kiss and Cry:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maofan7 View Post
    1. Joshua FARRIS (USA) - 75.84 Short Program
    2. Shotaro OMORI (USA) - 70.82 Short Program
    3. Jason BROWN (USA) - 70.06 Short Program
    Both Joshua & Shotaro set new ISU personal best SP scores today, while Jason achieved an ISU SB score (I assume he will move up to senior internationally next season but don't know for sure).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-28-2013 at 09:02 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Bravi Josh and Jason! ( plus Omori and Martinez). So well done!
    Jason ran out of ice on combo, but that 3A had me smiling from ear to ear. Gorgeous execution.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Sorry if it has been mentioned earlier but seeing as they are both 18 yrs. old now, will Joshua and Jason move up to full-fledged Seniors next season? I think Shotaro may remain a Junior one more year ...
    Jason and Joshua do not age out of juniors until after next season, therefore, they CAN compete on the junior circuit and/or JW next season by age if they and/or the USFS wish. It sounds like Josh wants to move up to seniors definitely, and will if he gets selected for at least one GP event. My guess is that Brown has the same thinking, and will ask to have his name submitted for GP assignments unless USFS tells him they want him to stay junior another season (idk why they'd do that but maybe so someone like Rippon or Johnson can get GPs) and then if his name is submitted and he's selected to compete at a GP event or two, he will move up. If one or both of the boys are in the top 24 WS and/or SB list at the conclusion of the season, they will have a GP event garaunteed should their names be submitted - however, if they don't make one or both of these lists, they will have to wait and see what happens until after the selection conference takes place. My guess is that if neither gets a GP invite, they'd both opt to do another season of JGP as opposed to senior Bs, but if they can get even one GP event, they will move up internationally. I think it's fairly likely they can both get a GP birth though, and if one or both of them medals here and makes the top 24 SB and/or WS list, I think it's quite likely they could get 2 events.

Omori is ISU junior age eligible through the 2014-2015 season and with his limited world ranking points I would assume he plans to compete on the JGP next season.

vCash
    Start order for the LP is out. Omori is third last, Joshua second last, and Jason will go last. So we get the two most enchanting long programs at the end of the competition!

vCash
    Didn't Jason skate last at JW last year too? I think they all have good draws. I feel less nervous for Omori skating after Martinez instead of Jin, Martinez is certainly a lovely skater but if Jin should happen to land 2 quads and 2 3a in his FS and put up a monster score, that would be a tough kind of act to follow, especially for someone relatively inexperienced in international competition like Omori. All 3 US men have lovely FS programs so with this likely being the last time we'll see them in competition, I'm wishing them all the best!

If things go well, I'm thinking Shotaro may need his own uber thread maybe I'm getting ahead of myself but I think I might already be becoming an uber

vCash
    ^^Thanks Pinky and Sylvia.

If Joshua does win Jr. Worlds, that in conjunction w/ his 4th place at Nationals should get him an invite to SA '13? I'll revisit that after the LP, but I think he's a Senior next year.

I'd bet Shotaro remains a Junior, then.

It will be interesting to see Joshua and Jason's final scores after JW.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    If Joshua does win Jr. Worlds, that in conjunction w/ his 4th place at Nationals should get him an invite to SA '13? I'll revisit that after the LP, but I think he's a Senior next year.
    Hopefully Joshua and Jason both end up well ensconced in the top 24 after JW, and so they both get at least 1 GP from that. I wouldn't object to one (or both!) of them getting SA as a second, but I'd also like to see Alexander Johnson at SA, for example.

vCash
    Congratulations to Jason and Josh for an incredible showing at Junior Worlds. Can't wait to see video but it appears Jason landed both triple axels and won the FS. So proud of these two young boys who held it together under the pressure. Hurray for Shotoro also. Here is the future of US Mens Figure skating!

vCash
    Jason and Josh may be threats to make the 2014 Olympic team they way they skated today. Considering that most top US men are not landing quads it makes it a possibility. If Josh starts landing the quad consistently he has a chance considering he finished 4th this season at Nationals. Aaron,Minor,Abbot are the front runners to make the team with Dornbush and Farris right behind them and if Richard ever starts skating like he can i'd put him right in there. Rippon is in danger of being passed up.

vCash
    So proud of these two young boys...
    At 18, I believe that they are young men.

vCash
    If the USFS tells Josh and Jason they should stay Juniors for another year after these performances they need to have their heads examined.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    If the USFS tells Josh and Jason they should stay Juniors for another year after these performances they need to have their heads examined.
    They won't. I think it's safe to say we'll be seeing Josh and Jason on the GP next season.

vCash
    Jason's 224.15 score puts him close to the edge of the top 24 season's best.

vCash
    That was so thrilling from Josh and Jason
    I've replayed Jason's 2A, 3A-2T, 3A quite a few times just to enjoy it.

vCash
    Josh's 3a-3t is stunning. And I have to say, I think Jason has overcome Shawn Sawyer in terms of the most flexible male skater category. His layback spin thing was really awesome . It's cool seeing a skater be able to do 3axels and spins like that!

vCash
    Lovely quotes from the medalists in icenetwork article
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

vCash
    "I was so happy for Josh," he said. "I didn't exactly see his skate, but the [crowd] reaction was amazing, and I was so proud of him. I knew that Shotaro was in second, and I was just really excited that we had a chance to be the top three."
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw.

Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast