Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Yeah Jason looks way older now than before, he's gotten a lot stronger through the shoulders. Josh should stop tucking in the shirts though, as someone who has a similar long legged/short torso build, I find that tucked in anything just contributes to the proportion disparity and gives one a young/coltish appearance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Yeah Jason looks way older now than before, he's gotten a lot stronger through the shoulders. Josh should stop tucking in the shirts though, as someone who has a similar long legged/short torso build, I find that tucked in anything just contributes to the proportion disparity and gives one a young/coltish appearance.
    Jason has got quite muscular all over now. I think maybe he grew a little more, he and Josh didn't seem to be too far apart in height at the JGPF. Either way, he has definitely joined the ranks of the "got-more-handsome-over-the-off-season" club.

Josh in some fitted costumes would be nice, particularly the Bach ones. But I guess it's all about what he feels comfortable skating in.

Meanwhile, speaking of questionable costumes, Jason, honey, blue velvet pants? Just no.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Jason has got quite muscular all over now. I think maybe he grew a little more, he and Josh didn't seem to be too far apart in height at the JGPF. Either way, he has definitely joined the ranks of the "got-more-handsome-over-the-off-season" club.

Josh in some fitted costumes would be nice, particularly the Bach ones. But I guess it's all about what he feels comfortable skating in.

Meanwhile, speaking of questionable costumes, Jason, honey, blue velvet pants? Just no.
    I wish he'd dump the entire SP, and mostly the costume, entirely, though it's probably a bit late in the season for that. And actually in the backstage picture of Josh and Jason together, Josh still looks a good 2 inches taller, so I am utterly confused with heights because Jason looked a lot taller than before in those group pictures, but if Josh is really only 5'8" that means Jason is likely around 5'6", quite small for a man, but if that was the case, he wouldn't look taller than all those girls in heels in the pictures so idk. Next to Kovtun who is reportedly only a strong 5'9", Josh does look 5'8", but I sort of doubt Kovtun is only that tall as looking at him he gives the appearance of being about 6 feet tall or close to it. Then in the icenetwork article it said something about how Josh had grown since last season so no idea. Jason is definitely more muscular though which maybe that is why he looks taller, he's just bigger. I would have guessed Jason was 5'7"-5'8" and Josh 5'9"-5'10", but like gymnasts figure skaters are usually small in stature so maybe they are as short as listed and the skates and similar smallness of their peers just makes it seem otherwise...

vCash
    Figured I'd prop up this thread again since US Nats are underway and Josh and Jason skate on the 25th!

A few tidbits of info:

The SP start order is up here, Joshua skates second and Jason skates fourth out of twenty skaters so we will have to wait a long, long time to see how their SPs hold up.

Josh was among a bunch of skaters who missed first practice (apparently this is not unusual) but according to eyewitnesses, Jason was there and doing triple Axels!

vCash
    Rough draws for them, but it shouldn't be a big issue if they skate well. This should be a really exciting event! And wow, what a stacked first group!

vCash
    Update from today's practices:

Josh did a clean runthrough of his SP and two quads, and looked very good apparently.

Jason did a clean runthrough of his LP, featuring a 3A-3T and a second 3A.

Can't wait!

vCash
    Congratulations to Joshua for a near perfect SP. He really showed he could skate with the big boys. Loved his press conference afterwards also. So cute and in awe of it all.

I was also so impressed with Jason. Despite the fall early on the triple axel he skated an exquisite, captivating program. Not many young competitiors could have done that. I agreed with Michael Weiss in that he just brings you in and you smile the whole time. His skating skills and rest of jumps were suberb and he just has that "it" factor. His day will come soon. The triple axels in practice were beautiful and they will be in competition too.

vCash
    I only wish there were videos!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    I only wish there were videos!
    If you can get US television they will definately show Joshua and possibly Jason on Sunday at 3PM EST. Hope it can work out for you!! I am looking forward to watching.

vCash
    All Jason needs it to start hitting the 3axel consistently then move onto the quad. He has everything else already. he draws you in when he skates.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure both boys will make the NBC broadcast. There are likely nbc streams online.

vCash
    Ladies and Gentlemen - we have a video of Josh at last!

Japanese commentary, I couldn't make out much of it, but they seemed quite happy.

It's wonderfully divine, even the moment on the 3Lz-3T. The crowd certainly appreciated it - lots of clapping at different points during the program.

I also caved and bought an IceNetwork subscription, and I'm so glad I did. Jason was lovely. Sure, he fell, but the rest of it was just wonderful. Plus, it means that I have finally seen the press conference that half my Twitter feed was cooing over. Josh is rather shy and adorable!

Oh, and here is the video of Jason's LP runthrough from a couple of days ago. I think he has actually gotten more flexible. Also intrigued by this 3Lz-.5Lo-2S combo (I assume it's meant to be 3S).

vCash
    Josh in the press conference was so cute, I think Jeremy and Ross were enjoying it too judging from the looks on their faces. It's always nice to see a young skater who's so excited and star struck to be in medal position at a big competition like this. I hope he and Jason both in the FS and are happy with themselves, whatever the outcome may be. Gonna be an exciting 2 final flights ! And Josh skating in pimpspot!

vCash
    Congratulations Joshua on your pewter medal!

His free skate was simply enchanting. Even with the fall, it was so great! And he was so happy!

Jason wound up 8th, which is an improvement on previous years, and he got credit for a 3A-3T in the long though the 3T<.

Josh has been named third alternate for Senior Worlds and both he and Jason are named to the Junior Worlds team with Shotaro Omori.

Speaking of Junior Worlds, that could be a bloodbath! Josh, Jason, Han Yan, Boyang Jin, Maxim Kovtun possibly...wow!

vCash
    They both did great. Congratulations)))
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    I am more impressed than ever with both of these young men. So much fun to watch.
    On to Junior Worlds!!!
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    If you have IceNetwork, there is a very cute interview with Michael Buckley and Jason that features two important things:

1. A sort-of-promise elicted that Jason needs to be on Twitter

2. Jason can sing, although he appears to have forgotten most of the words to "A Whole New World".

vCash
    So proud of these guys! It's so funny seeing the interviews, they both have such great personalities. Jason is so funny and outspoken and just nice, genuine, silly. Josh is shy and kind of awkward! It's actually really adorable. It's nice to know his skating success and good looks haven't gone to his head!! Both guys made me smile very big at various points of the National Championships.

And yes, junior worlds should be exciting! Tanaka (who did very well at Japanese Nats) and Hino are also strong entries, as will be the Russian team members, regardless of if Kovtun is on that team or not. Also when Omori hits his 3a he's quite a lovely skater capable of putting up big marks. Should be a great event!

vCash
    Josh's gala skate! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rxGhml4aBg He is very adorable and I like his spread eagles! So lovely

vCash
    Sarah and Drew cracked me up at work today.

The photogs named the hordes of avid Jason Brown fans "Brownies." This one's for them.
    Here's the pic that went with.

Maybe I could get a t-shirt with "Brownie" on it? But what on earth would a collective of Josh fans be called?

Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast