Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Don't forget that Dolensky is also there (I don't know for how much longer though). I find him a bit if I'm being honest.

But yes, it will be interesting.

I hope Josh is competing in Glacier Falls...all this not competing in summer competitions thing has me a little worried. WHAT ARE YOU HIDING? Probably overreacting, I just hope something isn't wrong.

Dying to see Jason's new programs!
    It's a Junior Worlds reunion!

Maybe Josh can convince Jason to get Twitter while he's there

I'm hanging out for Glacier Falls too, I really hope Josh will be there, I'm dying to see his new SP Maybe he's hiding his quad?

Glacier Falls will be worth me getting up at stupid o'clock for with both Jason and Josh if that's the case.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    These two are just way too cute!! I'm smitten by both of them!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post

Maybe Josh can convince Jason to get Twitter while he's there

I'm hanging out for Glacier Falls too, I really hope Josh will be there, I'm dying to see his new SP Maybe he's hiding his quad?
    Kiri Baga agrees https://twitter.com/#!/KiriBaga ...also, steamed soymilk? Really Jason? Guess it's good to know he's healthy. I wonder if he's a vegan?

And I seriously hope Josh is hiding the quad, that would be AWESOME, and if he is, I totally think he can win silver at Nationals this season...

vCash
    Kiri Baga agrees https://twitter.com/#!/KiriBaga ...also, steamed soymilk? Really Jason? Guess it's good to know he's healthy. I wonder if he's a vegan?

And I seriously hope Josh is hiding the quad, that would be AWESOME, and if he is, I totally think he can win silver at Nationals this season...
    My immediate concern when I saw the tweet about steamed soymilk was "oh my, I hope he's not excessively worried about his weight..." I think Jason has a pretty sensible head on his shoulders, but it's a little unnerving.

However, agreed with Kiri, Jason needs Twitter, bug him Kiri

Silver? I'm going the whole hog. What's the record for the youngest US men's champion?

This is me in off-season mode: wildly optimistic.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash

Abbott and Farris are my dream Worlds team for the USA this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    That would be lovely and if Johnny weren't coming back, I'd actually say there's a decent chance of that happening. My dream team for the 2014 Olympics is Jeremy, Josh, and Ricky and then for 2018 Jason, Josh, and Nathan!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Joshua and Jeremy for Worlds

Jason and Johnny for 4CCs

It's a J-fest!

That would be lovely and if Johnny weren't coming back, I'd actually say there's a decent chance of that happening. My dream team for the 2014 Olympics is Jeremy, Josh, and Ricky and then for 2018 Jason, Josh, and Nathan!
    I would seriously enjoy seeing both Joshua and Jason beat Johnny at Nats. Especially after the little remark about the US Men's field being weak from Johnny. That had me steamed.

Not bad dream teams! My only problem with having four men to support is that there aren't enough Olympic titles to go around!

vCash
    Not bad dream teams! My only problem with having four men to support is that there aren't enough Olympic titles to go around!
    Well, if Jason gets his 3a consistent and Ricky continues to kind of implode in competition (well, even if he doesn't if Jason gets his 3a consistent), I would ideally put Jason on both the 2014 and 2018 Olympic teams . Then he and Josh could be on two Olympic teams together...just like two other guys we know .

As for the soymilk...Jason sort of seems like a crunchy, hippy type of kid to me so I wouldn't be surprised if he was all into organic and natural foods, like soymilk. I'd be surprised if it was a diet type of thing, I mean, I don't think most figure skaters, yes even the male ones, eat a lot of fast food or dig into huge meaty meals all the time, but I mean, if he's really 130 pounds then he realistically probably wants to gain, as opposed to lose, weight. At least I hope so.

vCash
    Well, if Jason gets his 3a consistent and Ricky continues to kind of implode in competition (well, even if he doesn't if Jason gets his 3a consistent), I would ideally put Jason on both the 2014 and 2018 Olympic teams . Then he and Josh could be on two Olympic teams together...just like two other guys we know .
    That would be fabulous if they both made it to 2014. But such a dilemma! They only give out three medals at the Olympics!

Jason is already putting up impressive numbers with no 3A or fallen 3A, so I can only imagine that once he starts landing it his numbers will skyrocket. And all of his toe jumps are just lovely (although he comes dangerously close to flutzing at times), so I don't think a quad will be too difficult for him.

I can't wait to see Josh's quad. Hint hint, nudge nudge Josh!

As for the soymilk...Jason sort of seems like a crunchy, hippy type of kid to me so I wouldn't be surprised if he was all into organic and natural foods, like soymilk. I'd be surprised if it was a diet type of thing, I mean, I don't think most figure skaters, yes even the male ones, eat a lot of fast food or dig into huge meaty meals all the time, but I mean, if he's really 130 pounds then he realistically probably wants to gain, as opposed to lose, weight. At least I hope so.
    Jason is crunchy? How would you know, have you taken a nibble? lol sorry I've just never heard that term used in this context!

I would like to think he's just being extra-healthy. Except in muscle mass, I think Jason's at a pretty good weight right now...or he was the last time I saw pictures/video...again, hint hint, nudge nudge, Jason! In the videos from the YAS Jason looks physically about the same as he did at JW, maybe a little bigger across the chest, but nothing major. He doesn't look exceptionally skinny, but he doesn't look overly bulky either. So, hopefully he's not worried about it. /mother hen mode

Now I'm just looking forward to some new costumes! Both of them have had pretty good costumes so far across their careers - nothing completely worthy. My favourites are their SP costumes from last season.

vCash
    Josh's SP costume was better once he got the baby blue blouse with the frilly sleeve. It was looser which made his shoulders look broader and detracted from the high waisted cut of the pants. I actually liked both of their FS costumes better tbh. I wasn't crazy about the weird collar on Jason's SP outfit.

And crunchy? Really, it's a common word here in the states. It basically means generally liberal, hippy-ish, natural, into organic and green things, etc.

vCash
    Josh's SP costume was better once he got the baby blue blouse with the frilly sleeve. It was looser which made his shoulders look broader and detracted from the high waisted cut of the pants. I actually liked both of their FS costumes better tbh. I wasn't crazy about the weird collar on Jason's SP outfit.

And crunchy? Really, it's a common word here in the states. It basically means generally liberal, hippy-ish, natural, into organic and green things, etc.
    Oh yes, I definitely meant Josh's baby-blue shirt. He should just wear blue forever. I'm sure I said that before . I think the high-waisted pants are a good look on him, they emphasise the length of his legs without making them look like "bambi legs" as you put it .

I did like the collar on Jason's SP costume, but maybe that's because I'm partial to some man-cleavage

How interesting! I've never heard the word used in that context. Maybe I'm just not up on modern lingo, or else it hasn't made it down under yet!

vCash
    Oh yes, I definitely meant Josh's baby-blue shirt. He should just wear blue forever. I'm sure I said that before . I think the high-waisted pants are a good look on him, they emphasise the length of his legs without making them look like "bambi legs" as you put it .

I did like the collar on Jason's SP costume, but maybe that's because I'm partial to some man-cleavage

How interesting! I've never heard the word used in that context. Maybe I'm just not up on modern lingo, or else it hasn't made it down under yet!
    Man cleavage...can't say I'm used to hearing that a lot! And Josh's bambi leg stage was more during his novice and junior years, although he had nothing on Lysacek at that age (can you say GANGLY? ). And yes, blue shirts to bring out the blue in his eyes, it makes him look like Prince Eric (the cartoon from The Little Mermaid ) on ice. See the resemblance http://www.squarehippies.com/images/...ince_eric9.jpg ? (yes I am aware I sound utterly ridiculous, but especially when his hair was longer at junior worlds, I was feeling this connection, he should keep it in mind if he ever wants to do Disney on Ice haha ).

And yeah it's probably just an American slang term, you Aussies have a lot of your own! But I do get the nature boy vibe from Jason, idk why. And on the topic of disney, I think Jason most resembles John Rolfe http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs7/i/200...laddinsFan.jpg.

Clearly I have too much time on my hands...

vCash
    Man cleavage...can't say I'm used to hearing that a lot! And Josh's bambi leg stage was more during his novice and junior years, although he had nothing on Lysacek at that age (can you say GANGLY? ). And yes, blue shirts to bring out the blue in his eyes, it makes him look like Prince Eric (the cartoon from The Little Mermaid ) on ice. See the resemblance http://www.squarehippies.com/images/...ince_eric9.jpg ? (yes I am aware I sound utterly ridiculous, but especially when his hair was longer at junior worlds, I was feeling this connection, he should keep it in mind if he ever wants to do Disney on Ice haha ).

And yeah it's probably just an American slang term, you Aussies have a lot of your own! But I do get the nature boy vibe from Jason, idk why. And on the topic of disney, I think Jason most resembles John Rolfe http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs7/i/200...laddinsFan.jpg.

Clearly I have too much time on my hands...
    Oh my goodness, the boys as Disney princes...very looky-likey! I won't ever be able to unsee that! Well now...I have red hair like Ariel

vCash
    I am definitely jumping on the Joshua luv train. He is becoming a fave

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Me too, I always recognized his potential as a young skater but he was kind of boring and slow, awkward, and windmill-arm-ish under Tom Z...no more! His programs last season were fabulous! Even the Transformers program that he ended up dumping he pulled off nicely. Very versatile, elegant skater, and Damon Allen has done a good job with his choreo, showing off his long, clean elegant lines and flexibility without it being OTT. Johnny described his portrayal of Clare De Lune as "romantic" and "free" and I think he was spot on, I think that's part of what makes Josh's skating stand out, he is classical and elegant and romantic, but still masculine and his programs simple. As much as I love Jeremy I sometimes feel he tries too hard to be artistic and it comes off as a bit new-age melodramatic and pretentious, but I don't get this feeling ever when Josh skates, even to a piece like Claire De Lune. Can't wait until he announces his new SP music!! I'd love it to be soft and subtle like Clare De Lune, but it could also be interesting to see him go in a different direction.

Are both boys signed up to compete at Glacier Falls? Or won't we know for sure until later?

vCash
    Joshua tweeted:

"Going to Dallas because of my asthma caused by the massive forest fire in Colorado springs.
    At least get to see my dad!"

Hope he will feel better soon and will not lose too much training time...

vCash
    What's the record for the youngest US men's champion?
    I think it was Scott Allen, who was 14 when he won in 1964.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    All aboard!

Me too, I always recognized his potential as a young skater but he was kind of boring and slow, awkward, and windmill-arm-ish under Tom Z...no more! His programs last season were fabulous! Even the Transformers program that he ended up dumping he pulled off nicely. Very versatile, elegant skater, and Damon Allen has done a good job with his choreo, showing off his long, clean elegant lines and flexibility without it being OTT. Johnny described his portrayal of Clare De Lune as "romantic" and "free" and I think he was spot on, I think that's part of what makes Josh's skating stand out, he is classical and elegant and romantic, but still masculine and his programs simple. As much as I love Jeremy I sometimes feel he tries too hard to be artistic and it comes off as a bit new-age melodramatic and pretentious, but I don't get this feeling ever when Josh skates, even to a piece like Claire De Lune. Can't wait until he announces his new SP music!! I'd love it to be soft and subtle like Clare De Lune, but it could also be interesting to see him go in a different direction.

Are both boys signed up to compete at Glacier Falls? Or won't we know for sure until later?
    I was watching his 2010 programs again last night, and in parts it was like . You could see hints that there was this beautiful skater, but he was trapped underneath the windmill arms.

One of my favourite moments of Clair de Lune is his perfect performance of it at Junior Worlds. As he comes through the step sequence, he's got this huge smile on his face. It's not a performance smile, it's not a fake smile, it's a smile of "I love this! I'm having so much fun!" It's the sort of thing you don't see in videos of his earlier programs.

Can't wait to see the new one. The suspense is killing me! What will it be?! What genre will they go for? Will Josh and Damon choreograph it like they did with CdL or will they bring in someone else? Dying!

Jason for sure is signed up for Glacier Falls, no word on Josh but he did GF last year, didn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by YukiNieve View Post
    Joshua tweeted:

"Going to Dallas because of my asthma caused by the massive forest fire in Colorado springs.
    At least get to see my dad!"

Hope he will feel better soon and will not lose too much training time...
    Thoughts with everyone in Colorado Springs too...that's a pretty big nasty-looking fire.

Pleased he gets to spend some time with his Dad, though. I'm sure they don't get much opportunity. Although if poor Josh thought it was hot at 90 degrees in Colorado Springs, he's going to melt in Dallas, where it's been consistently over 100, according to a friend living there...

All this talk of summer makes me . I miss warmth. Go away, winter.

Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    I think it was Scott Allen, who was 14 when he won in 1964.
    Yeah, I don't think Josh can match that!

vCash
    Hands up if you did a confused double-take when this tweet appeared on your timeline...

I don't think I've ever eaten so much food in one meal before. I hope I gained some weight.
    https://twitter.com/joshDfarris/stat...90276866506753

So it looks like the goal is to see a bigger Josh this year...if his body plays ball!

vCash
    Yeah I saw that tweet and had the same reaction...I was like, wait, a figure skater who actually wants to GAIN weight?? I guess he is a little skinny, and a guy, but still, i'm surprised he actually mentioned that on a public site. Maybe he wants to get ripped to help with his quad and then he can rock a pleather unitard and become the 2nd coming of Joubert instead of Lysacek ...he already has (or had) similar hair to Brian...

Is he still in Dallas? I feel so bad for all the CS skaters what with the forest fire. Hope they are all okay and didn't miss out on too much training time!

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast