Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post

Anyways, LOVE the 2010 vids, they both skated so fantastically and they are both SO CUTE, Jason is so tiny and Josh with his round baby face and long bambi legs is equally adorable.
    I was watching some videos on Youtube, and pipsqueak!Jason skating at Skate for Hope in 2008. Looking at his height compared to Kori's then, and now...he really grew like crazy the last two years. (Plus, cute squeaky voice. And braces. And longer ponytail.)

At least Josh's legs are slightly more in proportion now

And on my other "weird observations kick", their hands. Jason has really large hands with long elegant fingers (piano player's hands, which apparently he does in his spare time if he has any!), while Josh has much smaller hands but a really pretty way of using them. Josh's hands tend to hit positions that are much softer, while Jason's tend to be harder.

Creepy and random things I notice.

Idk what to think about Jason's SP music, but I'm sure the program will be cool and he'll pull it off well, he always does. I'm sure the FS will be gorgeous. I want to know Josh's new SP music so badly!! I wonder if it will be in the same vein as Clare de Lune or something very different.

The one upside to these guys staying on the JGP: shorter off-season!! We only need to wait until the end of August (or well maybe September depending on assignments) to see these two compete at legit competitions! Wahoo
    Sooner depending, I know Jason is doing Glacier Falls which is at the beginning of August! I can't wait! Hopefully Josh is doing one of the bigger summer comps as well, I'm not sure I can wait so long!

Last time I checked Josh's SP music was top secret "If I tell you I would have to kill you", so I guess we won't find out til the first competition maybe. I'm going to miss Clair de Lune. That was just breathtaking. Literally. It will be very interesting to see if they continue in that vein or if they decide to go in another direction. I think it would be very interesting to see Josh skate to something a bit faster, for example.

TopGunTopGunTopGunTopGunTopGunTopGun

EDIT:

Just rewatched his 2010 Nats FS - holy moly. Z may have given him good jump technique but it's not hard to see where the Lysacek comparisons would have started - holy windmill arms batman! There are glimpses of the gorgeous skater inside but they're hidden under atrocious choreo and flailing.

One other thing I noticed: Jason beat him by just TWO TENTHS of a point. Wow.
    Last edited by misskarne; 06-19-2012 at 12:54 PM.

vCash
    2008 Jason is quite possibly the cutest thing I have ever seen.

vCash
    BTW, this was the first Jason Brown uber/gush thread that was started following his impressive Senior debut at 2011 US Nationals : http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=77442
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    BTW, this was the first Jason Brown uber/gush thread that was started following his impressive Senior debut at 2011 US Nationals : http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=77442
    Ah, cheers for the link. So much love for Jason in there! I can sympathise with all the reactions - his 2011 LP is probably my favourite one of his so far!

Shame Josh's circumstances meant he couldn't make a similar first impact...but he's getting there.

2008 Jason is quite possibly the cutest thing I have ever seen.
    The opening where he says "Very well" in that cute little voice slays me EVERY TIME.

Oh, by the way pinky - WHAT IS THIS ABOMINATION?! (from the first Jason thread)

I really like Jason and think he has loads of potential. You really can't deny his similarities to Evan Lysacek though, I noticed it particularly in the great flexible spins, but they also jump and use their arms similarly. But it seems like Evan is his idol, so I think it's kinda cute he wants to be like him.
    Josh=Evan I've heard a thousand times, but this is the first time I've ever seen/heard a Jason=Evan...

vCash
    Any word on Jason's comp last weekend? Triple axel anyone?
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Ah, cheers for the link. So much love for Jason in there! I can sympathise with all the reactions - his 2011 LP is probably my favourite one of his so far!

Shame Josh's circumstances meant he couldn't make a similar first impact...but he's getting there.

The opening where he says "Very well" in that cute little voice slays me EVERY TIME.

Oh, by the way pinky - WHAT IS THIS ABOMINATION?! (from the first Jason thread)

Josh=Evan I've heard a thousand times, but this is the first time I've ever seen/heard a Jason=Evan...
    Evan is Jason's idol, he will even admit that. But in the past season, I would say his skating has become very different from Lysacek's, if anything he is more Weir-ish, and not surprisingly, Johnny LOVES Jason. But they do both have nice bendy spins, and actually so does Josh. But beyond that...idk what I was thinking. I don't think either of them are that much like Evan, I think they have the potential to be even better maybe, but between his programs, jumping/spinning style and body build Josh is more Lysacek-eqsue than Jason.

Anyways, Josh has had many great performances at Nationals, just not at the senior level yet. But hopefully that will change soon, he did make the jump to seniors at a very young age after all.

I'm so excited for this fall. I really hope Josh, Jason, and Nathan all tear up the JGP and make the final.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    Any word on Jason's comp last weekend? Triple axel anyone?
    No word. Dying to know too.

Evan is Jason's idol, he will even admit that. But in the past season, I would say his skating has become very different from Lysacek's, if anything he is more Weir-ish, and not surprisingly, Johnny LOVES Jason. But they do both have nice bendy spins, and actually so does Josh. But beyond that...idk what I was thinking. I don't think either of them are that much like Evan, I think they have the potential to be even better maybe, but between his programs, jumping/spinning style and body build Josh is more Lysacek-eqsue than Jason.

Anyways, Josh has had many great performances at Nationals, just not at the senior level yet. But hopefully that will change soon, he did make the jump to seniors at a very young age after all.

I'm so excited for this fall. I really hope Josh, Jason, and Nathan all tear up the JGP and make the final.
    It's okay. Everyone makes mistakes. In all honesty, I can see why there are so many comparisons, but it bugs the hell out of me. I hate comparisons.

Here's hoping Josh tears up Nationals this year. That would be fabulous.

I fully expect Josh and Jason to be at JGPF, it would take something massive to stop them (touch wood no injuries, Josh has had enough for both of them!).

For more cutesyness...

Novice Men's Award Ceremony, 2009, Featuring Tiny!Josh and Pipsqueak!Jason

vCash
    Too bad it's not on youtube but at the 2009 Nationals Ex Josh did this cute number to Mack the Knife, he was wearing these big baggy pants and a really long tie and rolled around on the ice. It was really adorable, and he really pulled off the rock and roll theme well, so I wonder if he'll ever try a program like that for a competition...would be interesting to see. I can't believe Jason is a month older than Josh, well now they look the same age, but a few years ago Jason looked like an elementary schooler , and actually Josh looks like a baby in that video too, his braces are so cute .

So I know they don't list entries but does anyone know if Josh plans to unveil his new SP at the Broadmoor Open this weekend? I know Timothy Dolensky is competing his SP there for the first time as a senior man, and I think Max Aaaron is competing there as well? So it would make sense for Josh to compete, especially where he's doing JGP which starts earlier.

vCash
    Too bad it's not on youtube but at the 2009 Nationals Ex Josh did this cute number to Mack the Knife, he was wearing these big baggy pants and a really long tie and rolled around on the ice. It was really adorable, and he really pulled off the rock and roll theme well, so I wonder if he'll ever try a program like that for a competition...would be interesting to see. I can't believe Jason is a month older than Josh, well now they look the same age, but a few years ago Jason looked like an elementary schooler , and actually Josh looks like a baby in that video too, his braces are so cute .
    Oh my goodness I need to see that! I wish he wasn't so invisible when it came to videos!

They both had braces at the same time and now they both have gorgeous smiles And they both looked so crazily young! You wouldn't believe they were 14 years old in that Novice video, they both looked way younger than that. It wasn't til Junior that they started looking a bit more like their age.

The other two skaters on that podium are much older, but I wonder by how much? It must be the weirdest feeling to get beaten by skaters so much younger. (I mean, I know that feeling, it's happened every time I compete, but I mean at the level these guys are at...)

Four weeks and a day between them. Or, Jason's birthday is around the Grand Prix Final, and Josh's is around Nationals

(For your random trivia, Jason has the same birthday as Elizaveta Tuktamysheva.)

So I know they don't list entries but does anyone know if Josh plans to unveil his new SP at the Broadmoor Open this weekend? I know Timothy Dolensky is competing his SP there for the first time as a senior man, and I think Max Aaaron is competing there as well? So it would make sense for Josh to compete, especially where he's doing JGP which starts earlier.
    I've been wondering about that for quite a while. He's doing a very good job of keeping it quiet if he is...but at least we know there's likely to be videos from the Broadmoor Open if he does!

Just out of curiosity, why doesn't the Broadmoor Open list entries?
    Last edited by misskarne; 06-20-2012 at 05:45 AM. Reason: thought of a question

vCash

I've been wondering about that for quite a while. He's doing a very good job of keeping it quiet if he is...but at least we know there's likely to be videos from the Broadmoor Open if he does!

Just out of curiosity, why doesn't the Broadmoor Open list entries?
    This is being discussed in the club competition thread in the Kiss and Cry http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...t=83774&page=3

I don't know why they don't list the entries ahead of time, but I guess this weekend is not that long to wait. In the past, he has competed his SP at Broadmoor Open so it is a possibility but then again maybe not. He never really tweets anything about his skating...

Anyways, Josh has the same birthday as Kori Ade's son/daughter (don't know which?) according to the Jason video from 2010 - January 6th. Randomness. I didn't pick up on Liza and Jason having the same birthday until you mentioned it though, guess it's a good day to be born if you're a skater!

Also I think the year they were novice I think Evans was a lot older, but Yostanto is under a year older than both of them so is also pretty young (born March 1994). I know Josh was the youngest competitor of the novice men that year and Jason's just a month older, but the year they were junior I know the other guys were Max Aaron and Scott Dyer, who are born in 1992 and 1991 so around 3-4 years older, even though in podium picks they all look like babies .

Still wish there was some news about that competition Jason skated in last weekend, want to know about the 3a, and just how his programs/skating/jumps seemed in general...
    Last edited by pinky166; 06-20-2012 at 08:14 AM.

vCash
    I don't know why they don't list the entries ahead of time, but I guess this weekend is not that long to wait. In the past, he has competed his SP at Broadmoor Open so it is a possibility but then again maybe not. He never really tweets anything about his skating...

Anyways, Josh has the same birthday as Kori Ade's son/daughter (don't know which?) according to the Jason video from 2010 - January 6th. Randomness. I didn't pick up on Liza and Jason having the same birthday until you mentioned it though, guess it's a good day to be born if you're a skater!

Also I think the year they were novice I think Evans was a lot older, but Yostanto is under a year older than both of them so is also pretty young (born March 1994). I know Josh was the youngest competitor of the novice men that year and Jason's just a month older, but the year they were junior I know the other guys were Max Aaron and Scott Dyer, who are born in 1992 and 1991 so around 3-4 years older, even though in podium picks they all look like babies .

Still wish there was some news about that competition Jason skated in last weekend, want to know about the 3a, and just how his programs/skating/jumps seemed in general...
    Saturday is not so long to wait to find out, I guess...and at least we know there'll be results/videos/reports pretty quickly.

Oh wow, that's freaky! I didn't pick up on the Jason/Liza thing until I was looking up Liza's birthday for somewhere else...then I thought "hang on, that sounds familiar..." Yup!

I picked that Evans was quite a bit older - he had that "adult" look about him that Josh and Jason have this year - but wow at Yostanto, I thought he was way older too! He was the same height as Jason when Jason was on the higher podium step

You can totally tell that Josh and Jason are the babies of the group. The insane giggles are a dead giveaway The really cute bit is Josh trying to juggle all his prizes!

Jason needs Twitter. Or something. It's driving me up the wall not knowing!

EDIT:

No Broadmoor for Josh. From the club thread:

Josh Farris isn't competing. I listed all the Senior Men - it's a small field this year.
    Maybe Glacier Falls?
    Last edited by misskarne; 06-20-2012 at 03:20 PM.

vCash
    Something I just thought of wrt Jason and the 3A. In addition to the comments already made, I have heard Kori Ade say she is VERY careful with her students in preventing injuries, especially overuse injuries. So Jason & Kori may be limiting his attempts each day to ensure he stays healthy--which would result in his acquisition of the jump being "slow" in our perception.

BTW, I know I've said this in other threads before, but the first time I saw Jason skate it was in person at the 2009 Dupage Open. Was there with a fellow Jeremy fan to cheer on Jeremy at his first comp post-Tom Z. Just happened to catch Jason's FS in the Jr men's comp. The kid DEFINITELY has IT.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Hmm I wonder if he's injured or something or just choosing not to compete until later? He was supposed to be skating at Skate for Hope this year but then didn't end up doing the show, now he's not doing Broadmoor Open. Hopefully, he's not injured and just busy training the quad or something. Or maybe his new SP isn't completely finished yet.

Is the competition Jason competed at really sekret or something? It's weird to know absolutely nothing...not even like placements or who else competed. When is he competing next? Glacier Falls? I don't think he usually does Liberty or Skate Detroit...

Also, Yostanto yes is young and has a killer 3a! He's still JGP eligible this season and could be a spoiler to make the JGPF if he can up the consistency on his other jumps - seems like the 3a was actually the MOST consistent jump for him last season!

vCash
    Also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G94pHGvq3Fs Jason's FS from 2011 Nationals. Great skate, but if you watch around 5:23, he does a totally Lysacek-eque spin, I think that along with an interview I read where Jason was idolizing Evan made me make the initial comparison. I must say though his Evan spin is very impressive, he might even do it better than Evan himself !

vCash
    Just as a point of reference, Jason Brown's first club competition last summer, Skate Milwaukee, didn't publish official results online until weeks after the competition had ended (IIRC) and I never heard or found out any jump details about his SP or FS.

Cross-posting from the US Club Competitions thread in Kiss and Cry...

I don't know if/when official results from last weekend's Southport Summer Classic will be published online, but we finally got some news today, as ‏@SarahandDrew tweeted:
    Word is that Jason Brown got 144 for his new Liebestraum free skate last weekend in Wisc., fell on triple axel but got credit for it.
    I also heard Brown's FS was well-received by the judges & that he also went for 3A in the SP (stood up but possibly >?). Glad to hear he's going for the 3A in both programs!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I don't know if/when official results from last weekend's Southport Summer Classic will be published online, but we finally got some news today, as ‏@SarahandDrew tweeted:

Word is that Jason Brown got 144 for his new Liebestraum free skate last weekend in Wisc., fell on triple axel but got credit for it.

I also heard Brown's FS was well-received by the judges & that he also went for 3A in the SP (stood up but possibly >?). Glad to hear he's going for the 3A in both programs!

Day is officially totally made!

Now...videos?

EDIT:

Well, now we know why Josh isn't competing at Broadmoor.

It's cool to be the ice monitor for a change. It's entertaining watching other skaters get nervous.
    https://twitter.com/joshDfarris/stat...25108428042240
    Last edited by misskarne; 06-21-2012 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Josh tweeted

vCash
    Good for Jason!
    Glad to hear that Liebestraum was "well-received by the judges".
    I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Good for Jason!
    Glad to hear that Liebestraum was "well-received by the judges".
    I'm really looking forward to seeing it.
    I'm a bit miffed that the judges are still upright . But then again they stayed upright during Josh's Clair de Lune at JW so I guess they're extra-good at that.

I think a 144 on the first outing of the program, three days after it was put together and undoubtedly still in a slightly unfinished state, is an incredible score. Can't wait to see the sorts of numbers he can put up later.

So excited and can't wait to see it.

Josh seems to be multi-talented...

Announcing today at the Broadmoor Open. I'm cold!
    https://twitter.com/joshDfarris/stat...64026762063874

Mentioned in another thread but thought I'd mention it again here.

Kori and Rohene are taking their group of skaters (Jason included) to Colorado Springs for the month of July.

Has anyone warned Colorado Springs that Jason and Josh are going to be in the same city? Can the city handle this much gorgeous and awesome at the same time?!
    Last edited by misskarne; 06-24-2012 at 03:18 AM.

vCash
    Kori and Rohene are taking their group of skaters (Jason included) to Colorado Springs for the month of July.

Has anyone warned Colorado Springs that Jason and Josh are going to be in the same city? Can the city handle this much gorgeous and awesome at the same time?!
    Don't forget that Dolensky is also there (I don't know for how much longer though). I find him a bit if I'm being honest.

But yes, it will be interesting.

I hope Josh is competing in Glacier Falls...all this not competing in summer competitions thing has me a little worried. WHAT ARE YOU HIDING? Probably overreacting, I just hope something isn't wrong.

Dying to see Jason's new programs!

vCash

Fantastic! I can't wait, just knowing that me makes me grin from ear to ear. Videos cannot come too soon. Thank you, Sylvia!
    improving my ballad- like lines

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast