Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

If you like both D/W & V/M but love other couples..........

This thread is for fan's who like watching ALL Ice Dance couples.
    I really enjoy D/W & V/M but can't really comment on other couples as their threads are for their super-fans.
    I fell in love with Ice Dance during the 1992 Olympics in Albertville & even though I have had favourite couples over the years, I can honestly say there has not been a couple in the top flight I have not enjoyed watching.
    This season so far I have loved watching both Tessa & Scott & Meryl & Charlie but other couples have had me glued to my tv set. Such as C/L, P/B, W/P & the lower ranked French team C/J.
    So if their are other couples you want to talk about feel free.

vCash
    I love the top 2 and am also a big W/P fan. Aside from them, I really like Zhinitsina/Gaszi (I'm sure I've mangled the spelling but it's early so please forgive). I adored the zombie routine last year but I'm not sure of their programs this year. They just aren't grabbing me. I would like to see what they could do with different material.

vCash
    I really adore W/P and P/B, but I also like B/S a lot and feel like they really don't have a lot of fans, but personally I find them interesting (though this seasons free is not nearly as good as last seasons)

vCash
    I like B/S's FD this year although I might be a party of one. I love the little bird details; I think it has loads of potential. I love P/B and think that they deserved to win today, though.

vCash
    I've been thinking about starting a general ice dance thread for a while, so I love the idea behind this! Maybe the title is a bit confusing though? Outside of the top two, I'm loving H/D and P/B this year! I've always liked Z/G (they're so entertaining!) and I/K. I hate most of this year's SD's, especially all of the Big Bad Voodoo Daddy crap. I do like V/M, P/B, and W/P's though (out of the ones we've seen on the GP so far). I actually like most of the free dances, but I wish C/B and W/P would take the vocals out of their music. I liked both dances, but found the music terrible and distracting. Scrufflet, I also don't get Z/G's programs... apparently they're two parts of the same story (with the same music and costumes), but I don't think it works out like they planned it to. I appreciate them doing something different, but I really like them and wish they had better programs. As to B/S, I think they have potential but their programs need a lot of work (which isn't surprising considering they're new); they're always super adorable in the K&C though! Love that!

ETA: Forgot to add that I love C/L as well!
    Last edited by MissJD; 11-02-2013 at 07:05 PM.

vCash
    I love P/B first but adore D/W too. Like watching V/M but just don't find them exciting even though I really appreciate their wonderful skating skills.I am really liking W/P who I think could be world champ's at world's if the others retire.
    The other newcomers I'm really liking are H/D S/B and I'm looking forward to seeing P/C the French couple.M/K Russia could be an exciting couple for the future too !

vCash
    Thanks to Mao88, I saw LPs for P/B and B/S. I adore P/b's Little Prince number! B/S I found completely boring, lots of arm flapping and intense, agonized expressions. I think these two deserve better.

vCash
    Though I appreciate and love many teams, Weaver/ Poje have been my favorites for a while now. Consistently creative, emotional programs from them, and their skills seem to be improving every year. I hope they keep skating for the next Olympic cycle and become World and Olympic medalists. It's funny, because the first time I truly paid attention to them, at SC 2009 with Phantom program, I though they were too "pretty", too sugary for my liking. And the following year at Moscow Worlds I was so blown away by how they performed "Moulin Rouge", so fearless, that I became a big fan. And since then, even a bigger fan. Love their LP this year.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    I loved Z/G SD at Skate Canada but though carrying it through to the Free was a bit too much. Also keeping the same costumes was too much for me. Anyone out there love Ekaterina Riazanova & Ilia Tkachenko ?. I loved their Gala program at Skate Canada.
    I loved watching Carron & Jones at COC. But the judges never seem to go with them.
    Really looking forward to watching I/K in the coming weeks.

vCash
    Well, I lurve V/M and I love Charlie and D/W's dances (but not Meryl).
    However, I am a great admirer and fan of W/P and P/B. At the Worlds in London I acquired a new fave...Spanish dancers Hurtado and Diaz. Too bad they are not on the GP circuit.

vCash
    I'm a fan of Davis/White but also love the Shibutanis & Cappellini/Lanotte.

vCash
    I love the Shibs! Their MJ free dance is so much fun live

vCash
    I would be more excited/interested about a thread with people who do not like D&W or V&M but love other couples...
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    Ice Dance is the only discipline where I like every single team.

vCash
    So happy to see this thread! I fell in love with ice dancing during the Vancouver Olympics. While I'm a big fan of D/W and V/M, I think my love of them blinded me to a lot of real talent in the discipline for some time! I'm a big fan of the Shibs, but have recently become an admirer of Cappellini/Lanotte. I had the opportunity to see them at Skate America and fell in love with their style and presence on the ice. I look forward to watching them this season!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skating_Bridget View Post
    S I'm a big fan of the Shibs, but have recently become an admirer of Cappellini/Lanotte. I had the opportunity to see them at Skate America and fell in love with their style and presence on the ice. I look forward to watching them this season!
    I do like C/L they are fabulous dancer's and Anna's expression is wonderful she really sells everything.I really thought she was great in their latin SD .But.... they still don't have the edges that the other's have .I think they are fast but still look to skate small IMO.

Loving all the dance thread's that are popping up !

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    Ice dance

I love pretty much every team! I really can't choose between D/W and V/M - it depends on their dances and even the performance of the day. The thought that we're not going to be seeing them for much longer is a bit disheartening and I'm only starting to realize it now. I feel like I should've tried to enjoy their greatness even more in the past! But of course new teams getting to the top will be exciting as well.
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    I really like the Shibs too. They've experienced difficulties after their peak showing with a bronze. I've liked what I've seen this year (long only). I'm curious to know how the rest of you feel. Do you feel they've improved? What do you think they need to do to break through to the top?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufflet View Post
    I really like the Shibs too. They've experienced difficulties after their peak showing with a bronze. I've liked what I've seen this year (long only). I'm curious to know how the rest of you feel. Do you feel they've improved? What do you think they need to do to break through to the top?
    They have improved in many ways. Mainly for me, they have got stronger. But I would love to see them try something really different. I know the MJ Free this season is a real departure for them but maybe something like a Fleetwood Mac Medley would have suited them better. But it's early day's this season. I'm so looking forward to watching them in their next GP event. It was such a shame they had a fall in Skate America.
    I feel their SD needs a little work.
    Ice Dancers have such an advantage as they can use lyrics. Sometimes I think some Ice Dancers don't use it well.
    Who would skate well to Lady Gaga.....................................

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    I've been thinking about starting a general ice dance thread for a while, so I love the idea behind this! Maybe the title is a bit confusing though? Outside of the top two, I'm loving H/D and P/B this year!
    There are actually two H/Ds; I like Hurtado/Diaz myself, and I think their Picasso FD has a lot of potential. They're creative with the lifts and have their own style. I hope they can improve technically and get more love from the judges.

Of the higher ranked teams, I'm a P/B fan but can also appreciate the Canadian teams and C/L.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast