Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

vCash
    Godammit!

vCash
    I think God has damned your spelling, esca!!!!! lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    I think God has damned your spelling, esca!!!!! lol
    Nah, I just prefer to use dammit to colloquialize.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrey aka Pushkin View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
    Is this a secret tribute to Basile Bouchon, or is your new job to refubish old ЭВМs?.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Leonova's short program was probably the worst choreographed program I have ever seen in Senior elite level skating.

All elements clumped in 3 places. Hardly any transitions. Poor ice coverage. And a straight line sequence that took like 1/3 of the program time and kept stopping.
    I looked at the protocols for that particular program and I have to respectfully disagree with you. Judges feel the same way. Second best lower marks (which includes transitions and choreography), first place after short program, second overall. Far cry from your evaluation.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alilou View Post
    Oh I think you can say exactly that about morose - Leonova's LP this year is just about identical to the last LP Miki skated.
    Morose? I like it!! May I borrow and use?

Quote Originally Posted by kittyjake5 View Post
    "the official announcement" said that Morozov approached Dai and that he (Morozov) wanted to help Dai leading up to Sochi for OG and to also make amends for what had happened between them in the past. I don't know, call me quirky but this reasoning does not make a whole lot of sense to me. Why would he approach Dai and what is in it for him? I don't think Morozov needs the money?

By the time the new season begins I may be an alcoholic, Krull and Patrick breakup, Igor fired, YuNa suing a professor, and now Morozov on Dai's team. I need another drink. lol
    All very good questions and I have a bad feeling about this. Of all the things Dai needs to do for the push to Sochi, going back to Tricky Nicky wasn't one of them.

As for that drink...I can't, but I'd be willing to work on a Mint Chocolate Cheesecake w/you?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vexlak View Post
    I looked at the protocols for that particular program and I have to respectfully disagree with you. Judges feel the same way. Second best lower marks (which includes transitions and choreography), first place after short program, second overall. Far cry from your evaluation.
    But did you watch the actual program?

vCash
    As if the judges mark transitions and choreography in any relation to the actual transitions and choreography of the program.

Did you see the 10.00s D&W got for an SD that didn't have one closed hold?

vCash

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Morose? I like it!! May I borrow and use?
    Of course!

It actually was a typo, though how Morosov came out as morose I've no idea. I was obviously thinking about something else at the time. And also likely (stupid) Mac did an auto correct. When I saw it I decided to leave it as is, thinking it appropriate

(I love my mac, except for auto correct from time to time. It's determined that I can't possibly mean pani. I absolutely must mean pain - even this time I had to go back and change pain back to pani. Again!)
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

vCash
    Morozov has stated that he did his best work with Takahashi and I agree with that. So working with him again might be a good idea and a strategic move. Taka is only using him part-time though, which will give him some independence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    And what's up with Miki? I remember the days when she couldn't even accept a Kleenex from morosov in the k&c without 5 20 page long posts appearing about it, dissecting every detail of the exchange and what it really meant. Now all of a sudden they ay have split and nobody even knows anything about it? Say whaaaat????
    It takes some time to recover from Morozov. Guys like that do a number on a girl's head, especially given the coach-student power dynamic.

Shae Lynne Bourne-Turok would know. It took her quite some time to be free of Morozov, who IIRC had left a pregnant wife for her, and move on to a better, healthier relationship. Perhaps she can offer counsel to his more recent victims.

vCash
    Yes, PCS judging is totally shit, I know.

Here is a handy breakdown of Leonova's SP in list form:

1) pirate posing
    2) skates to the end of the rink to plant 3toe/3toe
    3) skates to the other end of the ice rink to plant 3flip
    4) does some progressives and plants 2axel (also at the same end of the rink)
    5) does a few turns into a spin (also at the same end of the rink, that is 3 elements in pretty much the same place)
    6) does the straight line step sequence that takes ages and keeps starting and stopping and has no flow as a result
    7) skates to the middle of the ice rink
    8) does two spins in the middle of the ice rink

That is good choreography?

All the elements are clumped in three spots: one end of the ice rink, other end of the ice rink, middle of the ice rink.

There's hardly any ice coverage as she is just moving between those three spots (and 1/3 of the program is taken by starting and stopping and starting and stopping and posing again during the straight line steps).

That straight line step sequence makes me wanna have the ISU impose a time limit on step sequences.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Leonova's SP is a classic case of OTT facial expressions and gestures masking the fact that there is very little substance, but she does sell the bejaysus out of it.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Oh yes, whilst the program is crap, Leonova was selling it extremely well.

Her performance skills are second to none.

Brezina's Nemesis
    Collecting papers to obtain status of a Goddess for Asli
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Leonova's short program was probably the worst choreographed program I have ever seen in Senior elite level skating.

All elements clumped in 3 places. Hardly any transitions. Poor ice coverage. And a straight line sequence that took like 1/3 of the program time and kept stopping.
    The Pirates program was atrocious, but I have to disagree with you.
    The worst choreographed program in senior elite level skating was obviously her LP.
    In Soviet Russia, the skaters lobbychick YOU.

vCash
    The worst choreographed program in senior elite level skating was obviously her LP.
    Agree. Leonova's LP last season did not suit her at all, it was like Morozov took a program he had pre-made especially for Miki and had Alena skate to it instead and the result was not good. The program itself was bad but had Miki skated to it it would have likely been at least a little better, it just wasn't Alena at all.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Happily, it was just a recycled program he offered her. (Or that she accepted.)
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I felt lunch churn in my stomach.
    It's OK. You are both right.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I loved the program and thought it suited her perfectly. And that she skated it with flair and panache. It's about a lady thought it was okay to venture outside the norm and skate a program in trousers (trousers, not a cat suit).

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast