Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    I think Dai just needs Morosov's politik power. I hope Morosov has next to no input in terms of choreography because Dai's programs post-Morosov are some of the best ever. I know I can usually count on Dai and Abbott to give me something wonderful to watch every season.

The reason for my dissappointment is because there was a time post-Torino that I was hating Japanese skating because it seemed like all of the top skaters were being coached by Russians and though I love the Russian style, it seemed that all the Japanese skaters stopped having their individual styles and started looking Russified. Dai leaving Morosov was one of the turning points of that trend and I hope it wouldn't come back.
    I like that Dai is going through different choreographers this quad because it'll show real versatility in this portfolio and help him learn even more. Plus, choreographers will hopefully be inspired if they only have to create a routine or two for one season.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Thanks for providing the link to the icenetwork article and the translation of the other article, 4STh. I agree with others who have said that Nikolai is a great coach and am relieved that Nichol is doing choreography for him. She knows COP so well, and is capable of making the most of Dai's incredible talents, including his superior musicality. I know a lot of people find her very vanilla, but I think at the very least she will give him very complex programs as she knows he is capable of handling very difficult choreography. Here's hoping for the best

vCash
    New article today (June 15) titled "Takahashi reunites with Morozov for Sochi push": http://www.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Excerpts:
    Takahashi's current coach in Osaka, Utako Nagamitsu, accepted the skater's decision to work with Morozov. Nagamitsu will remain as primary coach, with Morozov working with them as an advisory coach.
    "We both have changed since last time we trained together. We have to try and see if each of us can live up to the expectations of the other. This will give me a new challenge."

Skater and coach have not yet discussed in detail how much training time they will spend together, or where they'll be training. Recently, Morozov has trained his skaters in Hackensack, N.J., and has also made arrangements for ice time in Connecticut.

Takahashi's new competitive programs have not yet been finalized.

"I approached Lori Nichol," he said. "I was very much looking forward to working with her. But the circumstances have since changed."

When asked if Morozov would choreograph his 2012-13 programs, Takahashi demurred.

"Probably not this season," he said. "At this time, we have not decided who will choreograph my new programs."
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-15-2012 at 08:57 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Just as well Morosov isn't a member of PSA with all the boundaries he has crossed.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Dai's hip hop Swan Lake was the highlight of that season. If Morozov inspires more of that I'm all for it. This is unlikely if Nichols is going to do Dai's choreography though. In the live interviews with Dai that were posted in GoldenSkate, Dai said that the best thing about Morozov was that he built up his self-esteem because he is full of insecurities. Nagamitsu was with Dai when he was coached by Morozov before - with Nagamitsu as his earth and Morozov as lightening, Dai will have both stability and flash. Whatever Dai needs, I hope he gets, including good health. There is no Russian male skater who has any hope of medaling at Sochi unless it's Plush and he would go to Mishin for coaching. What a fight it would be if Dai, Plush and Chan skated at their best - what a feast it would be for skating fans!

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by analia View Post
    Somehow I think Lori Nichol is a worse idea than Morozov.
    With the right skaters who actually care about choreography and are committed to it, Lori was able to give brilliant programs under IJS (Kostner, Chan, Rochette, Verne, Asada) whereas I can't think of any program of Morozov's that I can call brilliant. Cyber Swan was great, but when I think of the other programs Morozov's gave Takahashi, I never want him to choreograph for Daisuke again

vCash
    Well I feel a little better after reading the IN article and the quotes from Dai.

Now that it is all said and done, Go get that Gold Medal Dai!

What are the duties of an advisory coach? From what I understand from reading the press releases Dai will continue to be based in Japan.

vCash
    Well,we'll see how it goes.No way to know for certain if it'll bode well or evil for him.I for one love Takahashi's skating.
    I like Florent too,so curious to see what will become of him now.

vCash
    Phew! At least no Nichol! A lucky escape.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FAN View Post
    With the right skaters who actually care about choreography and are committed to it, Lori was able to give brilliant programs under IJS (Kostner, Chan, Rochette, Verne, Asada) whereas I can't think of any program of Morozov's that I can call brilliant. Cyber Swan was great, but when I think of the other programs Morozov's gave Takahashi, I never want him to choreograph for Daisuke again
    Agreed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowway View Post
    Morozov left NJ (and Ice House) and moved to Russia several years ago.

However - and I heard this just this morning at the rink - Morozov will be teaching a 7-week summer session in Danbury, CT...or so the folks I know had heard. Very standard for elite coaches to go "elsewhere" for the summer - perhaps Connecticut is "elsewhere" for Nikolai this year.
    Yes he was in CT. However my sources told me that he abruptly flew to Japan I think yesterday. Contract signing?
    It would be interesting to see where will they be working. Most probably Russia?

vCash
    he abruptly flew to Japan I think yesterday.
    To have the press conference that prompted this Ice Network article (and others) about his new work Dai.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Because his choreography is usually terrible.
    I personally happen to like the originality and different approach. It brings life to the skating and versatility. The alternative is to have all skaters doing figures and ballet moves for ever. It gets boring sometimes.
    Perfect proof was Leonova with the short at the WC. Yes, it is unusual to see a female (or male) skater come with the outfit and indicating slit throat, however because the program was executed, it was entertaining, different and most importantly different. Similarly the Swan Lake (Hip Hop Version) was genial. Miki's programs were not that bad either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vexlak View Post
    I personally happen to like the originality and different approach. It brings life to the skating and versatility. The alternative is to have all skaters doing figures and ballet moves for ever. It gets boring sometimes.
    Perfect proof was Leonova with the short at the WC. Yes, it is unusual to see a female (or male) skater come with the outfit and indicating slit throat, however because the program was executed, it was entertaining, different and most importantly different. Similarly the Swan Lake (Hip Hop Version) was genial. Miki's programs were not that bad either.
    Just out of curiosity, in what ways Miki Ando's programs are original and different?

Brezina's Nemesis
    Collecting papers to obtain status of a Goddess for Asli
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    Just out of curiosity, in what ways Miki Ando's programs are original and different?
    She had a spider on her boob.
    Now, that's something original.
    In Soviet Russia, the skaters lobbychick YOU.

vCash
    ^

When asked if Morozov would choreograph his 2012-13 programs, Takahashi demurred.

"Probably not this season," he said. "At this time, we have not decided who will choreograph my new programs."
    Sending Dai some Tom Dickson vibes. Ohh, or Salome Brunner! Why doesn't anyone ever use them anymore?

Though if he sticks to the Wilson, Carmelengo, Miyamoto combo, I wouldn't complain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    I agree that Miki was not different. She was just good enough. That is why she got the gold at the WC. My point exactly. Since there are different personalities, a good choreographer will build a program that will suit the skater. Unfortunately there some choreographers that they do the same signature moves and style. They lack the versatility. I don't think think you can say that about Morozov.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Oh I think you can say exactly that about morose - Leonova's LP this year is just about identical to the last LP Miki skated.
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

vCash
    "the official announcement" said that Morozov approached Dai and that he (Morozov) wanted to help Dai leading up to Sochi for OG and to also make amends for what had happened between them in the past. I don't know, call me quirky but this reasoning does not make a whole lot of sense to me. Why would he approach Dai and what is in it for him? I don't think Morozov needs the money?

By the time the new season begins I may be an alcoholic, Krull and Patrick breakup, Igor fired, YuNa suing a professor, and now Morozov on Dai's team. I need another drink. lol

vCash
    Mee too!
    Support Daisuke, join Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast