12 3.97%
  • Yu-Na Kim

10 3.31%
  • Carolina Kostner

125 41.39%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafke View Post
    Oh lighten up. Compared with most skaters' meek behavior, she stomped off.
    It was a nice display of temprament (of the kind I'm completely in favor of). And the case I'm thinking of she really did look teed off (and the Brit Eurosport guys seemed to think she had every right to be). It's when I kind of started to become a fan.
    Who is 'she'?

You can dislike her and find your own explanations of 'stomp' as "compared with most skaters' meek behavior", just don't make it sound like the truth. It's just your biased opinion of a skater.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyBut View Post
    Speedy and his bloc will once again mount a late week voting rampage to save Carolina
    Considering what the Russian Mafia did to Maria last week, anything is possible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Butz View Post
    You think Ando has a personality?? I was beginning to think that the Japanese had actually created a real skating robot until I watched a few of her exhibitions. .
    Unfortunately, they gave the robot some limp slouching shoulders to make her look like a 'real' human skater. They must have used Rachael Flatt as their model. Still, I think Caro should have gotten the boot first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafke View Post
    I cannot believe that two skaters with as much personality as Ando and Butyrskaya (often wrong-headed but they've got it to spare) got the axe while a skater like Kostner (either stumbling, boring or stumbling and boring is still around....

If Kostner doesn't go this time then it's a poor verdict on the voters.
    You think Ando has a personality?? I was beginning to think that the Japanese had actually created a real skating robot until I watched a few of her exhibitions. Still, I thought she would outlast Kostner because she is a much stronger competitor. This is my third vote for Kostner. Hopefully the third time is the charm.
    Yeah, Miki fascinates me as a skater. In competition, she's largely a done - a couple solild SPs not withstanding. But her gala skates are always well done.

I love Kostner, and would be thrilled to see her continue. If only because the really tough decisions are coming up.

vCash
    As much as Carolina is probably my Favourite skater of all time, i can accept that it is her time to go... I was just happy that she made it past Butyrskaya. However i coulod never vote her off, so i voted for Chen Lu as i believe she is the next weakest

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    I voted for Carolina to go.

This is probably the first season ever where I actually (sort of) enjoyed her skating. Up until this yr, I found her gawky and lacking in anything close to artistry. I do appreciate her skating skills and speed.

I ppretty much agree with what Berthes Ghost had to say about Tara.

vCash
    I do not think that Tara should be voted off yet at all!! She was very talented and one of the most consistant skaters. Being consistant is a big thing for me. Sasha Cohen and Nicole Bobek for example were great skaters, but could hardly ever keep it together and put two clean programs together. I predict that Michelle will win this by the way.

I voted for Carolina by the way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    NOw, while I have voted for Tara the last 2 rounds and I still enjoy her skating the least of all the skaters left, there's something very wrong with Meltdown Queen Carolina Kostner surviving for half of this game.

She NEEDS to go now!! Bye Carolina.
    ITA!! Caro must go! Next is Shizuka for me..

vCash
    Considering what the Russian Mafia did to Maria last week, anything is possible
    Considering the Mafia firebombed Maria's car, she can stomp off in a tizzy if she wants!!

vCash
    I'll never understand how Tara can be a stronger champion than Carolina who has better skating skills, bigger jumps, greater spirals and spins. Carolinas artistry and interpretation is so much better and the presence on the ice as a real lady make her stand over Tara by far
    I voted for Tara from the second round and will do it until she is gone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by npavel View Post
    I'll never understand how Tara can be a stronger champion than Carolina who has better skating skills, bigger jumps, greater spirals and spins. Carolinas artistry and interpretation is so much better and the presence on the ice as a real lady make her stand over Tara by far
    How about difficulty and ability to skate clean under pressure at the big events?
    Carolina's artistry has really come through in the last two seasons, but her skating looked really clumsy for most of her career IMO. I'm in love with her programs from this year and last, but if I had to make a choice I still prefer Tara's from 98.

vCash
    How about difficulty and ability to skate clean under pressure at the big events?
    Carolina's artistry has really come through in the last two seasons, but her skating looked really clumsy for most of her career IMO. I'm in love with her programs from this year and last, but if I had to make a choice I still prefer Tara's from 98.
    I agree!

vCash
    I voted for Tara from the second round and will do it until she is gone
    Carolina does not have very strong spins. She lost Skate America to a splatty Czisny in part since she was outscored by a whopping 5-6 points on spins alone in the LP.

Tara did the hardest programs done by a women in history to that point, other than possibly Midori Ito, and amazingly did them clean repeatedly at age 14-15. Kostner in the year 2012 is doing the jump content the top ladies in the mid 80s used to do, and still rarely doing it cleanly. Tara won events by beating a prime Michelle Kwan repeatedly, and beat a clean Michelle to win Olympic Gold; not to mention overcoming Slutskaya, Chen, Butyrskaya, and others, while Carolina wins a big event finally by beating Alena Leovova and Akiko Suzuki, and one of her career highlights was barely beating a really bad and way past her prime Kwan at the 2005 Worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Carolina does not have very strong spins. She lost Skate America to a splatty Czisny in part since she was outscored by a whopping 5-6 points on spins alone in the LP.

Tara did the hardest programs done by a women in history to that point, other than possibly Midori Ito, and amazingly did them clean repeatedly at age 14-15. Kostner in the year 2012 is doing the jump content the top ladies in the mid 80s used to do, and still rarely doing it cleanly. Tara won events by beating a prime Michelle Kwan repeatedly, and beat a clean Michelle to win Olympic Gold; not to mention overcoming Slutskaya, Chen, Butyrskaya, and others, while Carolina wins a big event finally by beating Alena Leovova and Akiko Suzuki, and one of her career highlights was barely beating a really bad and way past her prime Kwan at the 2005 Worlds.
    Couldn't agree more.

Kostner hasn't even skated a clean long program in her whole career which after all has been lasting for many years. Tara during her very short career skated so many clean free skates that they may, as unbelievable as it sounds, outnumber her flawed ones. Kostner's inconsistency and amount of her total meltdowns is the reason I would vote her off before Ando.

vCash
    You know you spend too much time on FSU when you dream that you got voted off Survivor. Seriously, where in the world did I even come up with that one?!

vCash
    Voting for Tara again.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    Voted for Kostner to go.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    I'm almost ready for this poll to go...

Let's move this thing along and get rid of the top 3 vote getters this round. This one person off every 6 days is starting to drag...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Let's move this thing along and get rid of the top 3 vote getters this round. This one person off every 6 days is starting to drag...
    Can we shorten the voting period for the next round? Like, maybe to 3-4 days? If an FSUer isn't willing to check in at least that often, then maybe that person doesn't deserve to vote!

I'll never understand how Tara can be a stronger champion than Carolina who has better skating skills, bigger jumps, greater spirals and spins.
    What is there not to understand? You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but most of what you are saying is mere opinion, not cold hard facts. I agree with judgejudy that Carolina doesn't have better spins than Tara. I also don't think either has the edge on spirals -- both are fine, neither awe-inspiring. For sure Carolina's jumps are bigger than Tara's, but then again Carolina is about 8 inches taller than Tara was when she competed, so that's not so surprising. I'm also not persuaded that Carolina's skating skills are inherently better than Tara's. They were both fast across the ice, and I think Tara had more control than Carolina did until recently.
    Carolinas artistry and interpretation is so much better
    Again, this is just an opinion, which is not necessarily shared by everyone.
    and the presence on the ice as a real lady make her stand over Tara by far
    Apples and oranges. Of course Carolina at age 25 is going to look more like a lady than Tara at age 15. How ladylike was Carolina at age 15-17? I'll answer that for you...not very. She was a cute but gawky teenager with loads of potential, which she is now realizing, and a million kudos to her.
    Last edited by Cheylana; 06-18-2012 at 06:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    Can we shorten the voting period for the next round? Like, maybe to 3-4 days? If an FSUer isn't willing to check in at least that often, then maybe that person doesn't deserve to vote!
    I second that, Cheylana!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast