Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    No, but it sure allowed them to throw that girl a loooong way

Skaters can start in junior comps, and senior B's, and 4CC and Euros to get exposure. Then if they have the money, the support, the drive and the talent they'll make it to senior worlds. Like Yuna. They don't need to start out at senior worlds. There's lots of other places to get competition experience. If they're not good enough, or are but don't have the means, or whatever, to get to be good enough to compete at senior worlds so be it. Many a skater has fallen along the wayside due to lack of talent or lack of funding or lack of the right kind of personality but they shouldn't be competing at the highest level and most important competition of the season just because. They should be good enough skaters to deserve to be there.

I like the idea of proof of being able to meet SP tech criteria minimum standard - 2 triples and 2A.

Also like the idea of using SB scores to determine who will compete. I want to see a competition of the best skaters, even if none of them are from Canada, and seven are from Russia, and 6 from Japan.
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

vCash
    that makes sense but at the same time...sometimes skaters from smaller countries aren't even exposed to what a higher level of skating is. going to a competition like worlds is an eye opener and allows them a chance to see what else is going on in the sport outside of their country. no, you do not get this same exposure at a four continents or europeans because they are just that, they're restricted to either competitors from the four continents or european nations, it's not the same as the world scene.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8erluv88 View Post
    that makes sense but at the same time...sometimes skaters from smaller countries aren't even exposed to what a higher level of skating is. going to a competition like worlds is an eye opener and allows them a chance to see what else is going on in the sport outside of their country. no, you do not get this same exposure at a four continents or europeans because they are just that, they're restricted to either competitors from the four continents or european nations, it's not the same as the world scene.
    Excuses don't cut it. Skaters watch Youtube ALL the time to learn. If they are trying to do Senior and do not have an idea of what a Senior program should be like that is VERY sad. There is so much video and information for them to learn from. You can Google anything - try it! Google Triple Flip, Triple Toe... You too can watch and learn. You can watch programs from any time period. If you are really trying to be a Senior skater there is TONS of info to see and understand right on your computer.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    And following on from what gongercat said, 4CC and Euros is plenty enough exposure until you can prove you're a good enough skater to make it to the top competition.

I've just been watching ladies SP's from worlds, and although I thoroughly enjoyed Clara Peters (what a sweetie!), and really thought Min-Jeung Kwak was robbed (beautiful skate - yeah, I know, too many UR's), I would happily give this up to see the really best skaters in the world go head to head.
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12