Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Shibs' main problem isn't being siblings. It's having no range. Cutesy-pootsy, Nickelodeon-themed programs are the only thing they can do. If at least those programs were voidy and exciting but Marina's choreography...

I mean they are both adults now. Their man-child look is just creepy.
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't their parents very strict -and still have rules for Maya not going on 1-1 dates, but only as a group or chaperoned? I seem to remember their mother being, erm, very involved in their daily training regime as well. So, in that sense being siblings is a problem --since they're both under the same over-protective bubble. It's hard to come up with voidy programs -or even interpret them appropriately when your real world experience is limited to the occasional college football game outing.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    The funny thing is i think Zoueva did best FD in her group for C-B last season
    Feel bad for Zoueva now, becasue she made for all this teams choreo (maybe before WCh) and they left her.
    How do you know Marina gets all the credit for C/B's FD last season?

Only one team has left so far. The last person I'd feel bad for in all this mess is Marina.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    I thought Igor choreographed C/B's FD last year, it looks like his style. Does it say otherwise in an article somewhere?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLIVER View Post
    I think Shakira and Stagniunas are going with him too, not 100% sure though...
    I think Tobias gained a new nickname on FSU !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    How do you know Marina gets all the credit for C/B's FD last season?

Only one team has left so far. The last person I'd feel bad for in all this mess is Marina.
    I am not sure what is "Shpilband" chore-style. Butwill see next season
    What he did with B-A and Wing-Lowe? I dont like this style.
    I remeber in Finlandia Chock talked about how Marina found this music for FD.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I am not sure what is "Shpilband" chore-style. Butwill see next season
    What he did with B-A and Wing-Lowe? I dont like this style.
    I remeber in Finlandia Chock talked about how Marina found this music for FD.
    Finding the music doesn't necessarily mean she did all the choreography.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    I thought Igor choreographed C/B's FD last year, it looks like his style. Does it say otherwise in an article somewhere?
    According to Madison and Evan at this press conference at Finlandia Trophy, Marina initially thought of the music, but based (it seems, though I must be misunderstanding that part) on an earlier program of Igor's, and from there he seems to have a little more focus in the story than Marina though the main choreographer is never ID'ed.

vCash
    Beverley Smith's Globe and Mail article today includes quotes from Scott Moir: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle4255940/
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Beverley Smith's Globe and Mail article today includes quotes from Scott Moir: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle4255940/
    The story sure doesn't sound anything like the original story with the rink manager's quotes anymore, does it?
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AYS View Post
    The story sure doesn't sound anything like the original story with the rink manager's quotes anymore, does it?
    Olympic ice dancing champions Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir had been away from their training rink in Canton, Ohio for six weeks, when they heard that their two coaches, Marina Zoueva and Igor Shpilband were feuding.

Seriously!? You would think journalists covering high profile athletes would at least not mess something like that up!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLIVER View Post
    I think Shakira and Stagniunas are going with him too, not 100% sure though...
    She has to check if the helicopter can land nearby.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't their parents very strict -and still have rules for Maya not going on 1-1 dates, but only as a group or chaperoned? I seem to remember their mother being, erm, very involved in their daily training regime as well. So, in that sense being siblings is a problem --since they're both under the same over-protective bubble. It's hard to come up with voidy programs -or even interpret them appropriately when your real world experience is limited to the occasional college football game outing.
    They had some beautiful abstract programs prior to going to Michigan. All out the window once they hit Canton, alas.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecmu0503 View Post
    Olympic ice dancing champions Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir had been away from their training rink in Canton, Ohio for six weeks, when they heard that their two coaches, Marina Zoueva and Igor Shpilband were feuding.

Seriously!? You would think journalists covering high profile athletes would at least not mess something like that up!
    I first thing that came to my mind when I read that all of the skaters were unhappy the amount of time that Igor had been spending with them recently was that Tessa & Scott have been on tour with CSOI since the season ended. They went on vacation when the tour ended and were still on vacation when they received news of the firing, when were they supposed to have missed out on time with Igor?

This, and Jacqui White's post have made me suspicious of the official line in all of this but no one is disputing the outcome, including Igor. Igor seems to have accepted the situation with grace and class. Everyone is saying nice things about one another. We are never going to know any more than, it's over.

I'm waiting for the Russian Federation to send I&K to Igor and I'm willing to bet real money it will happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I first thing that came to my mind when I read that all of the skaters were unhappy the amount of time that Igor had been spending with them recently was that Tessa & Scott have been on tour with CSOI since the season ended. They went on vacation when the tour ended, when were they supposed to have missed out on time with Igor and were still on vacation when they received news of the firing.

This, and Jacqui White's post have made me suspicious of the official line in all of this but no one is disputing the outcome, including Igor. Igor seems to have accepted the situation with grace and class. Everyone is saying nice things about one another. We are never going to know any more than, it's over.

I'm waiting for the Russian Federation to send I&K to Igor and I'm willing to bet real money it will happen.
    Do you think, that's why Pushkash & Guerreiro are with Morozov now? Maybe they made a trade. P/G for Morosov and I/K for Shpilband?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I first thing that came to my mind when I read that all of the skaters were unhappy the amount of time that Igor had been spending with them recently was that Tessa & Scott have been on tour with CSOI since the season ended. They went on vacation when the tour ended and were still on vacation when they received news of the firing, when were they supposed to have missed out on time with Igor?

What I was referring to about not being correct was the training site. The article states that the skaters train in Canton, OHIO.

vCash
    Interesting that V/M were in touch with Marina but not with Igor, while they were away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    Interesting that V/M were in touch with Marina but not with Igor, while they were away.
    Yeah, that struck me too, when I read it.

Somebody posted that they hoped that V&M would go with Igor and I replied that I would be completely shocked if they went with anyone but Marina. And that's over and above how shocked I was that Igor was fired.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I suspect Zoueva kept in touch with them, eliminating the need for them to talk to Shpilband at all.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I suspect Zoueva kept in touch with them, eliminating the need for them to talk to Shpilband at all.
    If this were Survivor or Big Brother, I would say she played the better "social game" resulting in Igor being the one voted out.

vCash
    "Igor, don't worry about keeping in touch with the kids while they're away. I'll do that. Oh, and Craig O'Neill sent me a text message asking me about something. I'll drop by the rink and see what he wants."

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast