vCash

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    I'll take her job.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post
    I'll take her job.
    Go for it. We definitely need her replacement. This position is more important than a technical coach in Canton.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    I wrote for the Sports section of my college newspaper. Is that experience enough?
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

On the run from cholla's vibrating cleavage
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    The Shibs are amazing technicians and skaters, indeed far better technicians than "interpreters" at this point. Their speed, ice coverage and edges are all of superior quality, so I am rather confused by your assessment of power as their weakness.
    Their NtCiSt in this year's SD had to be looked at under a microscope to see any movement at all. Their twizzles tend to look like sbs spins.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by equatorial View Post
    Their NtCiSt in this year's SD had to be looked at under a microscope to see any movement at all. Their twizzles tend to look like sbs spins.
    This. If they were representing Japan, they'd be lucky to crack the top 10.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    "My experience in Canton has been nothing but positive"

among all the PR formulas, this is the worst one!
    'Marina is an ugly witch and there were few things more annoying than having to train with Virtue/Moir and Davis/White whose arrogance has increased exponentially ever since they started winning World medals, to the point where I was very close to mutilating their genitals with my own blades.'

Why don't they ever say anything like that? *sulks*

Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    It's interesting that Chock and Bates decided to move with him. I think it might work to their advantage as they'll probably get more individual attention without the other, stronger teams like V/M and D/W around.
    Yep. Hence moving with Igor was a no brainer for them. They'd be Marina's fifth rate team but they'll have Igor's full focus, at least until other skaters start flocking to him.

Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Just responding to the sibling thing, I have heard it from several officials and coaches that sibling teams don't feel right at a certain age.
    Again, I am not saying that such sentiments don't exist but look at Kerrs.

They were a team which was extremely limited technically. Both in terms of their basics and in terms of the technical elements (did they ever perform their twizzles cleanly? ).

But since they continued to show interesting, creative and voidy programs, that they've always interpreted and sold really well, they've managed to achieve results far far beyond what a team at their technical level ever normally would.

Shibs' main problem isn't being siblings. It's having no range. Cutesy-pootsy, Nickelodeon-themed programs are the only thing they can do. If at least those programs were voidy and exciting but Marina's choreography...

I mean they are both adults now. Their man-child look is just creepy.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 06-13-2012 at 12:49 PM.

vCash
    The funny thing is i think Zoueva did best FD in her group for C-B last season
    Feel bad for Zoueva now, becasue she made for all this teams choreo (maybe before WCh) and they left her.

vCash
    I think Shakira and Stagniunas are going with him too, not 100% sure though...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    Had to google skating club of Novi...not much on their site. Can anyone tell us more about the rink, club, geographic location?
    If you were in Detroit proper, Novi is about 25 mins away. The Novi rink actually could be considered a halfway point between Arctic Edge and Detroit Skating Club although Novi is actually closer to Canton. To be honest, the Arctic Edge is not a super duper club being that it has 2 skating surfaces and neither are Olympic sized.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    Well wasn't everyone saying Madison was Igor's fave?
    Not everyone.

I'm so glad C&B are following Igor. Of course its the obvious thing, but glad he's already got a new rink and they are there. This should be very good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    I wrote for the Sports section of my college newspaper. Is that experience enough?
    Yes! They should hire you.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    ^ this is Hockeytown (state). They don't like Oly size rinks...screws up the passing plays so I'm told.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLIVER View Post
    I think Shakira and Stagniunas are going with him too, not 100% sure though...
    Shakira ??? Who the hell do you nickname Shakira ? Tobias ???
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

YEAH!
    vCash
    I think it's based on Tobias' OD music and hair from this year.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    I propose that they officially change that Shakira & Stagniunas is what they are called from now on. Or Shaki & Stags.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Really happy to hear that C&B are going with Shpilband.

I never thought I would ever be saying this, but here it is. I'm rooting for Shpilband.

Yes, we'll never know the 100% story, but if people can create heroes and villains based on the sketchy details of a pairs or dance breakup, I can do it for the coaches.

Zueva totally f*cked this up to epic proportions. I'm still genuinely amazed she thought she could just send the skaters on vacay and have some official inform Igor to GTFO. I believe Shpilband when he hints that she wanted him gone for a while, he just figured that they achieved enough success together that he would make it to Sochi. She just saw an opportunity and jumped at it, without caring what the fall out would be. What balls.

And while I thank Marina for her creating such for juicy off season drama, I'm 100% team Igor.

I hope R&T and C&L do wind up going and staying with him. Having two top 10 teams, and another that could be (C&B), already puts him over other coaches like Linichuk (Carron and Jones lol), and Zazoui. I bet a bunch of teams would consider going to him to improve their tech. He could have a full house very quickly.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast